POR AJM FC PORTO

ROU CSM Volei Alba BLAJ

RUS Uralochka-NTMK EKATERINBURG

RUS Proton SARATOV

SLO Nova KBM Branik MARIBOR

SRB Zeleznicar LAJKOVAC

SUI TS Volley DÜDINGEN

TUR Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL

• These year's CEV cup is not bad at all! Many teams that are better than some CL participants. I hope there won't be unlucky draws with early matchups and we can have a strong quarterfinals

• Final Eczacibasi (one win) vs. Busto Arsizio (three wins) is possible and to expect.

For me there is a certain tragedy: because Italy has still a poor ranking in these lower European Cup competitions, because some teams didn't take part in the last years (aside from Busto and Monza, they did), this was a bad draw for formally better set Stuttgart. Gent Dames from Belgium will be easy prey for Busto, and thereafter they will already clash with Stuttgart. While Stuttgart will resist as well as possible, UYBA is clear-cut favourite (>90% to proceed) and finish Stuttgarts adventure far too early... And I will be not able due to being busy in the city at that time to travel with other fans to Busto Arsizio for one of the matches ;( . (that's only 350 km away from Stuttgart! only the Alpes make it a little more tedious)

From a less personal viewpoint (the clash of my both favourite teams) there is another weird duel: Ekaterinburg vs. Saratov already at the beginning in the upper half, maybe the winner will be the only stronger contender for Eczacibasi?

• Indonesians are ready for the match between Asterix and PAOK. It seems that 90% of PAOK fans are Asians.

There are also some very nice twinoji/koreoji from paok channel.

• Haha did you become a member on PAOK YT? charalampos

Admittedly not familiar with the clubs before that, but its a wish of mine (as a fan) for PAOK to win & advance till they meet Eczacibasi in this Cup🙈

Way way too early to say, and honestly am unfamiliar with the other clubs, but we'll see haha :rose:

• haha its the first time i became i member to watch matches. Many cev matches are not free but they are available in other sites..

• haha its the first time i became i member to watch matches. Many cev matches are not free but they are available in other sites..

haha welcome to the fandom?:rose:

first time for me too, was surprised when they switched from free livestreaming to paid once the twins joined... what a shrewd but smart move 🥲

hopefully CEV Cup match streaming can be found for free elsewhere since its bigger than Greece league

• Asterix Avo BEVEREN - PAOK THESSALONIKI

Vasas Óbuda BUDAPEST - CSM Volei Alba BLAJ

Minchanka MINSK - Volero LE CANNET

Bimal-Jedinstvo BRČKO - VK UP OLOMOUC

Proton SARATOV - Uralochka-NTMK EKATERINBURG

A.O. THIRAS Santorini - VC OUDEGEM

Calcit KAMNIK - Viteos NEUCHATEL UC

Zeleznicar LAJKOVAC -Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL

CV GRAN CANARIA - Nova KBM Branik MARIBOR

ŁKS Commercecon ŁÓDŹ - Swietelsky BÉKÉSCSABA

Mladost ZAGREB - UOK BANJALUKA Volley

PVK Olymp PRAHA - TS Volley DÜDINGEN

VDK Bank GENT Dames - Unet e-work BUSTO ARSIZIO

Bye---Allianz MTV STUTTGART

AJM FC PORTO - Olympiacos PIRAEUS

SSC Palmberg SCHWERIN - VB NANTES

• I am looking for any matches of Banja Luka this season, but cant find any of them. Did they start the season already?

• I've checked with Asterix (home team) if they planned on broadcasting the CEV Cup match as it isn't scheduled on eurovolley.tv

Not sure how it works, perhaps if CEV decides not to broadcast it, home teams have to pay extra to broadcast it separately due to CEV holding broadcasting rights. What a pity though

• I've checked with Asterix (home team) if they planned on broadcasting the CEV Cup match as it isn't scheduled on eurovolley.tv

Not sure how it works, perhaps if CEV decides not to broadcast it, home teams have to pay extra to broadcast it separately due to CEV holding broadcasting rights. What a pity though

that's weird.

although I remember last season, there were a ton of CEV/Challenge Cup matches not broadcasted... which is a shame...

a simple youtube stream would suffice

• that's weird.

although I remember last season, there were a ton of CEV/Challenge Cup matches not broadcasted... which is a shame...

a simple youtube stream would suffice

No, no, no. CEV has many requirements regarding the quality of broadcasting and the stream must be available for CEV (and their streaming service). So, for many teams it's better not to invest money in one game's broadcast (considering the fact, they would need to hire professional TV for production)

• charalampos shared this in another thread

What I'm confused is that, if CEV Cup is to be broadcasted by the organizer (assuming they hit the broadcasting standards required by CEV),

why is it broadcasted through eurovolley.tv instead of their own channels?

So clubs have to pay for costs to broadcast, but CEV earns from it since its broadcasted over eurovolley.tv subscriptions...?

Or is it broadcasted for free over CEV YouTube channel? I guess I'll have to see this coming week.

I can't believe even the CEV Cup Final Phase is to be broadcasted by Organizer too.

Edit: Okay seems like if the organizer pays for the broadcast, it will be broadcasted for free over CEV YouTube Channel

I guess this could be another way CEV earns money.
    Perhaps their broadcasting requirements are so strict that clubs have to fork out the costs for CEV Sport Media Agency to broadcast it, whereas CEV rejects any other cheaper third-party broadcasting options due to "not meeting requirements".
    Judging from Asterix's reply saying "CEV demands too much money"

• No, no, no. CEV has many requirements regarding the quality of broadcasting and the stream must be available for CEV (and their streaming service). So, for many teams it's better not to invest money in one game's broadcast (considering the fact, they would need to hire professional TV for production)

Ao thiras in cev away matches had just a camera and the matches were available on fb without commentator. Tommorow they will have youtube stream for the home match against oudegem.

I think that the requirements is when they want their stream be available for cev and when is obligatory to stream the games. Otherwise the teams can post whatever they want in their social media.

• charalampos That's great then. I know they had such rule applied some seasons ago. Maybe they gave up on that because of Covid.

• Ao thiras in cev away matches had just a camera and the matches were available on fb without commentator. Tommorow they will have youtube stream for the home match against oudegem.

I think that the requirements is when they want their stream be available for cev and when is obligatory to stream the games. Otherwise the teams can post whatever they want in their social media.

Just saw that Thiras would stream it on their YouTube

Why then did Asterix say that CEV is demanding too much money...