CEV Cup 2022

• I think Uralochka isnt actually that bad. Of course Parubets is their best player but Smirnova and the middles also seem quite good, the libero was receiving ok too. They sometimes try to play those combinations which end up with a triple block :DCese is an Opposite or Outside hitter? I haven’t watched much of them this season.

• This 11:10 point is the Zeynep point <3 Great defense <3

• did ferhat put only turkish players on to prove how bad they are when left to their own devices?

• I think Uralochka isnt actually that bad. Of course Parubets is their best player but Smirnova and the middles also seem quite good, the libero was receiving ok too. They sometimes try to play those combinations which end up with a triple block :DCese is an Opposite or Outside hitter? I haven’t watched much of them this season.

She is an OH, Parubets as false opposite with receiving duties while Smirnova in opposite role but OH accroding to rotation. It is Uralochka system for decades, was in charge in Russian NT also. Probably in some other teams in the past.

• The level of ignorance. She signed her contract with Eczacibasi a lot before she can even imagine that Eczacibasi will finish at 4th place. LoL :lol::gone:

Otherwise i agree, Eczacibasi should invest in their young future star Elif Sahin and let Maja go even now. For her it is better to sit at home, rest and prepare for the NT season, than to take the place of such a talent.

Your bias towards Maja makes you look more ignorant.

Maja could have cancel her contract with Eczacı after knowing that they won't be in CL , assuming that you know exactly when she signed the contract. That wouldn't have been first time she cancels her contract anyways😂

• I don’t really understand comments saying anybody “should” retire. Why should anyone give up her job and her passion just because she’s not at her peak anymore? Anyway, you’d still have a tough job finding 10 or even 5 setters better than Maja anywhere in the world.

Honestly though, I do think Elif should be given the chance. I’d rather see Ognjenovic go back to Italy and play in a team with a not-too-dominant OPP, that would get her creativity working again.

• The broadcasters paid their respects to Jordan Thompson :lol:

• Your bias towards Maja makes you look more ignorant.

Maja could have cancel her contract with Eczacı after knowing that they won't be in CL , assuming that you know exactly when she signed the contract. That wouldn't have been first time she cancels her contract anyways😂

If there was a club that would pay off her obligations to Eczacibasi in case of a unilateral termination of the contract, club which at the same time has a serious chance of winning the Champions League, I believe she would do so. Unfortunately, Vakifbank is/was the only one capable of do something like that.

• Maja's level decreased a little and she's still way way wayyy ahead of 99% of the other setters. Imagine how high her peak was then. She was (most of the time, she's human in the end) magical in Vakifbank with Haak and even in Eczasibasi I've seen plays literally no other setters ever dared to even try. If I were 37 and had to play in this team that looks so unmotivated and where generally only your opposite and 1 MB are reaching the level you'd expect, I would leave the team after this season. And take Tijana and Heyrman with me

• As far as I know Eczacıbaşı have not forced anyone to sign a contract so far lol. If anyone wants to play for a different team but make less money, she can leave.

• It is shocking for me to read something like that Maja should retire:white::white:

Guys, this woman is literally one of the best setters of all time, her level is still at so high to reach for other setters. We must pray for God that the volleyball passion in Maja will still exist couple of years so that we can watch this legandry woman 1 or 2 seasons:obey:

• I don't know why it hurts that much everyone to read that Maja's performance dropped a lot? I agree it is awkward to say she should retire but she indeed is not the best setter in the world anymore. Besides that, she does not seem to care as much on the court either. You can of course blame it on Ferhat but I guess both Bosko and Maja knew how Eczacibasi would be. If they promised her Zhu Ting and she did not come, I understand.

My main concern with her setting is that, she used to rest the ball, hide it well and deliver a sort of magic set which was so difficult to read. Now she tries to rest the ball but then gives a weird set which is easier to read for opponents and you can't blame this on Hande or Saliha etc. I don't think Eczacibasi receives worse than how Serbian NT did with Mihajlovic for years.

Anyway, I hope they will part ways and I hope she will find a team where she enjoys being in the court again. I find it inspiring when professional players show that you actually can play upto 40 years or even further.

• As far as I know Eczacıbaşı have not forced anyone to sign a contract so far lol. If anyone wants to play for a different team but make less money, she can leave.

Really MTS!? No one said that she was forced, but circumstances have been changed from the moment of agreement and end of the season (when was clear that Ecz won't play CL). Even player of Maja profile can't terminante the contract, just because they want it. It is not about making less money and you know it. My comments was maybe overdramatic about her situation, but that was according and after hilarious statements when Gods of humor trying to present Elif Sahin as better than Maja and if you is a part of that group, i'm sorry, i misjudged you.

• I don't think Eczacibasi receives worse than how Serbian NT did with Mihajlovic for years.

Disagreed. In my opinion Popovic/Busa at that time were much stronger then Eczasibasi's reception line up now. And without solid reception its hard to pull some Maja magic, even for Maja.

Anyway, I hope they will part ways and I hope she will find a team where she enjoys being in the court again. I find it inspiring when professional players show that you actually can play upto 40 years or even further.

Agreed

• I don't know why it hurts that much everyone to read that Maja's performance dropped a lot? I agree it is awkward to say she should retire but she indeed is not the best setter in the world anymore. Besides that, she does not seem to care as much on the court either. You can of course blame it on Ferhat but I guess both Bosko and Maja knew how Eczacibasi would be. If they promised her Zhu Ting and she did not come, I understand.

My main concern with her setting is that, she used to rest the ball, hide it well and deliver a sort of magic set which was so difficult to read. Now she tries to rest the ball but then gives a weird set which is easier to read for opponents and you can't blame this on Hande or Saliha etc. I don't think Eczacibasi receives worse than how Serbian NT did with Mihajlovic for years.

And this is like galaxy far from she should retire and Elif Sahin is better than her, LoL. This comment is great and i actually mostly could agree. But all of this stuff is so so so far from this hilarious comments above.

• VolleyOrange, I would dig into stats now but I really don't have time for it but to me Eczacibasi has stable receiving, their problems are in somewhere else like they serve ineffectively, can't attack etc.

To me for years, what made Maja better than Wolosz was, Maja could turn bad receives into amazing sets while Wolosz is a system setter and she is excellent with that. Now Maja still does a good job but it is no longer magical.

Here the problem is, Eczacibasi is supposed to be one of the top 3 teams in the world with their investments, I mean they have one of the two top opposites in the world in their team. I guess the problem is, maybe Maja is not enough to make them number 1 team in the world anymore, which I completely understand (I acknowledge that their locals are beyond top 3 material btw). At 2022, I would prefer Wolosz or try Poulter for example.