2021 FIVB U21 World Championship | Italy & Bulgaria

• I forgot Murashko is another left-handed Opp. Russia has so many good Opps in the pipeline we have Sapozkhov who might join the senior NT when Maxim finally retires.

• Meanwhile for BUL, Tatarov > Karyagin

• Not a bad game from Argentina against Italy.

I think it is still possible for ARG to show better volleyball in order to beat CZE and BEL. Especially since the team is complete now: 2 players were isolated a few days due to close contact with someone covid positive and didn't play the group phase. One is the substitute MB (which is needed since ARG had to play an OH as MB during the later part of the BEL group match for example) the other is the starter setter who obviously won't get to start right back but is needed when you need a setting change (he already played some points today).

• If the setters were really great i could understand the height. For exampple Darlan isnt tall but really good.

But any of those setters are great.

Many outsides as well are considered short around 190cm but have been also considered best in the world like Kubiak and Ishikawa, height isn’t everything.

• Amazing dig from Darlan in Set 1.

• Many outsides as well are considered short around 190cm but have been also considered best in the world like Kubiak and Ishikawa, height isn’t everything.

Francesco Recine too

• Fedorov is so silent on court. He barely interacts with his teammates at all something a libero shouldn't do :what:

• Brazil is not bad team, but something happens after the score is on the 20th point...the same goes to our female U teams

• Geez #5 again for Brazil? he looks small for a backup setter. Also why is Felipe still in court when Arthur is available

• Is Bernardo U19 libero better than U21 libero?

• Poland defeated 3-2 Bulgaria, Italy defeated Czech Republic 3-0, Argentina defeated Belgium 3-1.

Italy advanced to the semifinals from a 1st place, Argentina and Czech Republic will play tomorrow for a 2nd spot.

Russia and Poland advanced to the semifinals, and they'll play against each other tomorrow to find out who'll be 1st (Russia needs two sets two secure a 1st spot).

Polish captain and best player, Michał Gierżot got his ankle injured in a 1st set of a game against Bulgaria, and while it didn't look that dangerous, he was limping after a game, so his status for the rest of a tournament is unknown.

Italy finally played with Michieletto from start to finish, although (understandably) he looked to be completely out of training with the way he hit the ball and approached the game in general.

It's not too good tournament level-wise, Brazil, Bulgaria and Iran disappointed a lot, so for now it's rather dull, it's even hard to point out early MVP candidates, maybe Rinaldi, but I'm not a big fan of him (although he'll be really good pro. It's hard for me to even point out (maybe besides Czerwiński and Dulski from Poland and Vidoni from Argentina, OPP, OH, OH) some players that weren't mentioned and are among best on their positions of this competition. I'm positively suprised by Crosato (MB from Italy), he's athletically more gifted than most Italian MBs are nowadays, I like the depth of Russian team and a way their coach uses it.

• Russian coach tends to shuffle his players, OH, MBs, and more often that not it gets them the desired result.

• Russia defeated Gierżot-less Poland 3-1, expectedly.

Italy-Poland

Russia-Argentina/Czech Republic

Argentina and Czech Republic will play for a last spot in the semifinals in two hours.

Russia has won every game so far, but they're far away from being impressive. But that was a case as well a year ago, and they suprised Italy in the final, so let's wait for any conclusions.

• Argentina advances to semifinals. Congrats! :box:

• I think we can be 90% sure, Italy and Russia face in the gold medal match. Italy with Michieletto is going to be favorite, Russia just has not been impressive to be honest, unless they play their best game during the finals.

• Yes, Italy will easily defeat Poland without Gierżot (they'd be heavy favorites regardless to be honest) and Russia should outplay Argentina, which hasn't played any good so far (a bit lucky that the other half of a draw was probably better, so they narrowly defeated Czech Republic and advanced). I don't think Italy will choke in a final the way they did a year ago, but we will see. If there's any upset, maybe Argentina against Russia, but it'd be a bold prediction tbh.

First and foremost, this tournament lacks any momentum, so I hope we'll get something to remember tomorrow and on Sunday. It's pretty weak level-wise for now and there were like 3-4 games that mattered only with some emotions so far.

• Yes, Italy will easily defeat Poland without Gierżot (they'd be heavy favorites regardless to be honest) and Russia should outplay Argentina, which hasn't played any good so far (a bit lucky that the other half of a draw was probably better, so they narrowly defeated Czech Republic and advanced). I don't think Italy will choke in a final the way they did a year ago, but we will see. If there's any upset, maybe Argentina against Russia, but it'd be a bold prediction tbh.

First and foremost, this tournament lacks any momentum, so I hope we'll get something to remember tomorrow and on Sunday. It's pretty weak level-wise for now and there were like 3-4 games that mattered only with some emotions so far.

Which player is Gierzot, was he injured? Also Italy losing to Poland currently, Rinaldi subbed.

• Michieletto is not a factor at all :what: I think he lacks the motivation to compete in this tournament which I totally understand after wiinning Euro Volley just a few weeks ago..

• Michieletto is not a factor at all :what: I think he lacks the motivation to compete in this tournament which I totally understand after wiinning Euro Volley just a few weeks ago..

Strange that ppl took him to this competition.