2021 FIVB U21 World Championship | Italy & Bulgaria

• Italy finally woke up.. they should take this 3rd set

• Poland's OPP is too weak. Italy young team's block is good.

Congrats to Italy. They will play with Russian in Final tomorrow

• Italy played awful in 1st and 2nd set (and 5th set, lol), basically they couldn't have done anything worse than they actually did, but it's a great result to win these two sets for Poland considering circumstances, for some reason we didn't only play without Gierżot, but also 2nd starting OH (Czerwiński), so to win it 3-2 is a loss for Italy to be honest, they should've won easily.

It seems that final will be more open then I thought, but we'll see, maybe Italy will turn it around tomorrow. I don't like these Italian coaches from Youth sector too much (besides Cresta), Fanizza was pushing badly his son to be in U19 team over a better player, Frigoni got clearly the most talented team in its age category, and yet Italy underperform. They're good results-wise tho.

• i thought that toda was the final lol

• Stefani, OPP, 2001, 210cm.

Best outside hitter European Championships U19 2018

Well, he played as OH two years ago?

Filip John was best OPP in that tournament

• Stefani, OPP, 2001, 210cm.

Best outside hitter European Championships U19 2018

Well, he played as OH two years ago?

Filip John was best OPP in that tournament

Nope, he was an OPP, and he played disastrous semifinal and that's why Italy didn't win that tournament, I think he got awarded as best OH because John got MVP & best OPP awards.

• Italy up 2-0. Biggest difference is the setting, Russia setter ignores his middles and inaccurate passing to Position 4. if Russia don't change their setter, this will be an easy win for the Italians

• As I said before the tournament starts, that tall setter is horrible :gone:. I don't know why he's still on court when the other setter is better (he was titular in the ECh U20 final and in the matches against Brazil and Bulgaria in the second round). Also, Dineykin is choking.

• As I said before the tournament starts, that tall setter is horrible :gone:. I don't know why he's still on court when the other setter is better (he was titular in the ECh U20 final and in the matches against Brazil and Bulgaria in the second round). Also, Dineykin is choking.

Kostadinov is waaay better than that tall setter.. but the coach appears to not like him :down:

• Whatever the result, Murashko should win best Opp he is showing his best game tonight

• Kostadinov is waaay better than that tall setter.. but the coach appears to not like him :down:

The tall setter belongs to Fakel, so maybe that's why he's there :lol:

• Well, congrats Italy! :box:

What a fantastic end for this 2001-02 generation. They got two WCh, and silver and bronze medals in the ECh.

Meanwhile, the Russian generation got two silver medals in WCh and one ECh.

• The tall setter belongs to Fakel, so maybe that's why he's there :lol:

Or maybe he's not Russian? I snooped on his IG cos he is cute lol, I think he's from Bulgaria.

• Aside from Michieletto, that #15 from Italy, Rinaldi can be a good prospect for senior NT. Italy has so much talent in their youth it's amazing :white:

• It seems that final will be more open then I thought, but we'll see, maybe Italy will turn it around tomorrow.

And they did, quite flawless performance for this level with all players contributing well after yesterday's chokefest. As Italy won double at ECH level earlier, they also did it at U21/U20 level as well.

My dream team:

Porro-Murashko

Rinaldi-Michieletto

Urbanowicz-Brazhniuk??

Catania? (I don't know )

Among top4 teams, I liked Strulak (Polish MB), Pawlun (Polish setter), Crosato and Canciotta (Italian MBs). Dineykin (Russian OH) was good until today. Obviously I liked Czerwiński and Gierżot (Polish OHs) as well, but they both got injured before medal phase games.

MVP will go to Michieletto, I guess, he was decisive in past two games, even though he played in half of a tournament. Rinaldi would've been a fair candidate if he'd played slightly better than horrible in a semifinal.

Congratulations to Russia as well, they were 4th -> 2nd -> 1st -> 2nd at U18-U21 competitions throughout a process.

• Or maybe he's not Russian? I snooped on his IG cos he is cute lol, I think he's from Bulgaria.

Nope, he's Russian, but probably he was born in Bulgaria and then moved to Russia. He was on the wide roster last year and he didn't make it.

BTW, it's the first time Italy wins this tournament.

• Dream Team

MVP: Michieletto

Porro/Murashko

Urbanowicz/Cianciotta

Armoa Morel/Rinaldi

Catania

• Dream team:

Best MB: Urbanowicz (POL), Cianciotta (ITA)

Best OH: Armoa (ARG), Rinaldi (ITA)

Best S: Porro (ITA)

Best OPP: Murashko (RUS)

Best libero: Catania (ITA)

MVP: Michieletto (ITA)

Armoa is in fact the most talented player of this Argentina's team, but daaamn, he's such a diva, he behaves like he's Osmany Juantorena with complaints towards his colleagues, and, well, he's not. Cianciotta was fine, but I believe that Crosato has much brighter future due to his height.

• Was Federov a good libero on Russia I did not pay much attention to him. Cianciotta gives me such a good vibe on the court, seems like hes intense but fun.