South Korea Women's
2021-2022 V-League and 2021 KOVO Cup
Competition Name: Dodram 2021-2022 V-League
- Jangchung Arena (Seoul)
- Incheon Samsan World Gymnasium
- Hwaseong Gymnasium
- Gimcheon Indoor Gymnasium
- Daejeon Chungmu Gymnasium
- Suwon Gymnasium
- Yeomju Gymnasium (Gwangju)
- The regular league (RL) begins on Saturday, October 16th, 2021, and ends Thursday, March 17th, 2022.
- The match start time is at 19:00 KST for matches on weekdays and at 16:00 KST for matches on weekends and on public holidays.
- No match on Monday with the exception of the Korean public holiday of Seotdal Geumeum on Monday, January 31st, 2022.
- The RL consists of 6 rounds, a total of 126 matches.
- With 7 teams, a single round now consists of 21 matches with each team playing against the other 6 teams once per round.
- With 6 rounds in the RL, each team will play 3 home matches and 3 away matches against each of the other 6 teams.
- A team will play a total of 36 matches during the RL.
- The RL ranking is decided based on the following criteria:
1. Victory Points > 2. Wins > 3. Sets Ratio > 4. Points Ratio > 5. Most recent head-to-head winner
3 Victory Points for a 3-0 or 3-1 set win,
2 Victory Points for a 3-2 set win,
1 Victory Point for a 2-3 set loss,
0 Victory Point for a 0-3 or 1-3 set loss.
In the unlikely event that three or more teams have the same number of Victory Points, the same number of Wins, the same Sets Ratio, and the same Points Ratio, the Wins, Sets Ratio, and Points Ratio will be re-calculated based on only the matches between the concern teams.
- The postseason consists of Semi-Playoffs (S-PO), Playoffs Series (PO), and the Championship Series (CS).
- The RL champion will automatically qualify for the CS.
- If there is less than a 3 Victory Points gap between the RL 3rd-place and 4th-place team at the end of the RL then the S-PO match will be held between the two teams. Otherwise, the RL 3rd-place team will advance to the PO.
- The S-PO match will be played at the RL 3rd-place team's home venue.
- The PO is a best of 3-match series between the RL runner-up and the S-PO winner or RL 3rd-place team if S-PO is not held.
- PO Match 1 & 3 will be held at the RL runner-up's home venue.
- PO Match 2 will be held at the S.PO winner's home court.
- PO Match 3 will only be played if needed.
- The CS is a best of 5-match series between the RL champion and the PO winner.
- CS Match 1, 2, and 5 will be held at the RL champion's home venue.
- CS Match 3 and 4 will be held at the PO winner's home venue.
- CS Match 4 and 5 will only be played if needed.
※ The condition for the Semi-Playoffs match to be held is the same as how the men's division postseason is held (Ch. 2 Article 17).
2021 KOVO Cup
Competition Name: 2021 Uijeongbu · Dodram Cup Pro Volleyball Tournament
Venue: Uijeongbu Indoor Gymnasium
- The same 6 female professional V-League teams that competed in last year's tournament will participate in this year's tournament.
- The newly established team Pepper Savings Bank has decided not to take part in the tournament.
- The tournament consists of a total of 12 matches comprising of 6 group matches, 3 ranking matches, 2 semi-final matches, and the championship match.
- The tournament will start on Monday, August 23rd, 2021, and end on Sunday, August 29th, 2021.
- Friday, August 27th, 2021 is a rest day for teams advancing to the semi-final.
- The 6 teams will be divided into two groups of 3 teams based on the ranking from KOVO Cup 2020.
- Group A - GS Caltex KIXX (1st), KGC (3rd), and Korea Expressway Hi-pass (5th).
Group B - Heungkuk Life Insurance Pink Spiders (2nd), Hyundai E&C Hillstate (4th), and IBK Altos (6th).
- Each team will play against the other two teams in their group once.
- After the group matches, each team will play a ranking match against a team from the other group to decide the ranking for all six teams (A1 vs B3, B1 vs A3, A2 vs B2).
- Teams ranked 1st to 4th will advance to the semi-final (1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd).
- The winner of the two semi-finals will advance to the championship match to decide the winner and runner-up of the tournament.
- Group stage ranking criteria are as follows: wins -> sets ratio -> points ratio, and if tied then the winner of their respective match-up.
- Tournament prize money allocation ~ Winner = 50M KRW, Runner-up = 30M KRW, MVP = 3M KRW, MIP = 1M KRW, and Rising Star = 1M KRW.