South Korea Women's
2021-2022 V-League and 2021 KOVO Cup
GS Caltex Seoul KIXX
2020-2021 V-League - Champion
2020 KOVO Cup - Champion
Heungkuk Life Insurance Pink Spiders
2020-2021 V-League - 2nd
2020 KOVO Cup - 2nd
IBK Industrial Bank Altos
2020-2021 V-League - 3rd
2020 KOVO Cup - 6th
Korea Expressway Corp. Hi-Pass
2020-2021 V-League - 4th
2020 KOVO Cup - 5th
KGC Ginseng Corp.
2020-2021 V-League - 5th
2020 KOVO Cup - 3rd
Hyundai E&C Hillstate
2020-2021 V-League - 6th
2020 KOVO Cup - 4th
Pepper Savings Bank
2020-2021 V-League - N/A
2020 KOVO Cup - N/A
Competition Name: TBA
Date: 2021.10.16 (Sat) - 2021.04.04 (Mon)
- Suwon Gymnasium
- Jangchung Arena (Seoul)
- Incheon Gyeyang Gymnasium
- Daejeon Chungmu Gymnasium
- Hwaseong Gymnasium
- Gimcheon Indoor Gymnasium
- Yeomju Gymnasium (Gwangju)
- The regular league (RL) begins on Saturday, October 16th, 2021.
- Matches during weekdays will have a start time of 19:00 KST and matches on weekends and public holidays will have a start time of 16:00 KST.
- Monday and Thursday will be a rest day with no match been held with the possible exception if either day falls on a public holiday.
- The RL consists of 6 rounds, a total of 126 matches.
- A single round consists of 21 matches, with each team having to play against all the other 6 teams once each round.
- Each team will play a total of 6 matches against each of the other 6 teams during the RL (3 home matches and 3 away matches).
- Each team will play a total of 36 matches during the RL.
- The RL ranking is decided based on the following criteria:
1. Victory Points > 2. Wins > 3. Sets Ratio > 4. Points Ratio > 5. Most recent head-to-head winner
3 Victory Points for a 3-0 or 3-1 set win,
2 Victory Points for a 3-2 set win,
1 Victory Point for a 2-3 set loss,
0 Victory Point for a 0-3 or 1-3 set loss.
In the unlikely event that three or more teams have the same number of Victory Points, the same number of Wins, the same Sets Ratio, and the same Points Ratio, the Wins, Sets Ratio, and Points Ratio will be re-calculated based on only the matches between the concern teams.
※ With Pepper Savings Bank now joining the league, it is very likely the women's division will only have Monday as a rest day just like how the men's division.
- The postseason consists of Semi-Playoffs (S-PO), Playoffs Series (PO), and the Championship Series (CS).
- The RL champion will automatically qualify for the CS.
- The S-PO match will be held when the difference between the RL 3rd-place team and the RL 4th-place team is less than 3 Victory Points.
- The S-PO match if held will be played at the RL 3rd-place team's home venue.
- The PO (A best of 3-match series) is between the RL runner-up and the S-PO winner or RL 3rd-place team (if S-PO was not held).
- PO Match 1 & 3 will be held at the RL runner-up's home venue.
- PO Match 2 will be held at the S.PO winner's home court.
- PO Match 3 will only be played if needed.
- The CS (A best of 5-match series) is between the RL champion and the PO winner.
- CS Match 1, 2, and 5 will be held at the RL champion's home venue.
- CS Match 3 and 4 will be held at the PO winner's home venue.
- CS Match 4 and 5 will only be played if needed.
※ KOVO has not officially confirmed how the women's division postseason with 7 teams will be held. The postseason format shown above is based on how the men's division postseason is held (Ch. 2 Article 17).
2021 KOVO Cup
Competition Name: 2021 Uijeongbu · Dodram Cup Pro Volleyball Tournament
Date: 2021.08.23 (Mon) - 2021.08.29 (Sun)
Venue: Uijeongbu Indoor Gymnasium
- The same 6 female professional V-League teams that competed in last year's tournament will participate in this year's tournament.
- The newly established team Pepper Savings Bank has decided not to take part in the tournament.
- The tournament consists of a total of 12 matches comprising of 6 group matches, 3 ranking matches, 2 semi-final matches, and the championship match.
- The tournament will start on Monday, August 23rd, 2021, and end on Sunday, August 29th, 2021.
- Friday, August 27th, 2021 is a rest day for teams advancing to the semi-final.
- The 6 teams will be divided into two groups of 3 teams based on the ranking from KOVO Cup 2020.
- Group A - GS Caltex KIXX (1st), KGC (3rd), and Korea Expressway Hi-pass (5th).
Group B - Heungkuk Life Insurance Pink Spiders (2nd), Hyundai E&C Hillstate (4th), and IBK Altos (6th).
- Each team will play against the other two teams in their group once.
- After the group matches, each team will play a ranking match against a team from the other group to decide the ranking for all six teams (A1 vs B3, B1 vs A3, A2 vs B2).
- Teams ranked 1st to 4th will advance to the semi-final (1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd).
- The winner of the two semi-finals will advance to the championship match to decide the winner and runner-up of the tournament.
- Group stage ranking criteria are as follows: wins -> sets ratio -> points ratio, and if tied then the winner of their respective match-up.
- Tournament prize money allocation ~ Winner = 50M KRW, Runner-up = 30M KRW, MVP = 3M KRW, MIP = 1M KRW, and Rising Star = 1M KRW.