S.Korea - 2021-2022 V-League (Women)

• It’s explained on article when the player from amateur team entered draft.
    its just like i said you have to participate in draft when you are 3rd in Highschool. If not they have to wait 5 years after their graduation to entered the draft again.

• Go KIXX, I think :super:

• Been watching some random old v-league matches from 2014, and feeling like the standard of that league was so much higher than it is now

Can really feel the rookie drought now too

Feel like the digging/receives were much more stable back then too, the liberos were better, even some spikers too

• Probably a clearer colour view of Kixx's new uniform:

Okay... i'm not much of a fan of minty green.

Not sure if the other clubs have a change of uniform (probably Hyundai did), i think my least favourite is KGC. too earthy and tree bark-like :gone: they really sell ginseng, don't they..?

Pink Spiders is my favourite amongst the teams. Safer option would be IBK's and Hyundai's blue.

you guys have a fave?

• you guys have a fave?

My fave is definitely Hyundai's uniform - that's why they kept the same design for so many years without much of a refresh.

Hopefully the change isn't too big and that its still nice

Pink Spiders' one is so simple that it simply can't go wrong lol, GS's previous one was decent too since nice colour

Yea KGC's one is the most old school and dull colour, but oddly enough their players look decent in them

Couldn't imagine how Soyoung would look in it before she transferred over, but it was decent

• I like Hyundai E&C's uniform the most too, but I prefer the white one more than the dark blue one. Looking forward to seeing their new uniform.

I like Heungkuk's new uniform, I think it looks better than their uniform from last season.

In the second video below, you can see there is a white version of GS Caltex's new uniform and a pink version of it for the libero.

• Some of you may have noticed that Heungkuk Life Insurance Pink Spiders does not have any home matches in the first round for this upcoming season. This is because Heungkuk has decided to relocate to Incheon Samsan World Gymnasium (ISWG) for their home matches this season. ISWG is currently been used as a 'Corona inoculation centre' until the end of October. Heungkuk plans to renovate ISWG at the start of November and once completed, Heungkuk's first scheduled match at their new home will be their Round 2 match against GS Caltex on November 14. ISWG was made vacant after basketball team Incheon Electroland Elephants' new owner Korea Gas Corp. decided to rebrand and relocate the team to Daegu. ISWG has a subway station nearby and it has a seating capacity of 7,000 seats, about three times more than Incheon Gyeyang Gymnasium which Heungkuk currently shares with Korean Air Jumbos.

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

• New stadium new start,

with no crowd is home/away game make a difference?

btw i read moon jeong won have to rehabilitate her knees so hipass will use 3 man receive (park jeong ah, jeon sae yan, im myung ok)

I think it will matter for venue availability as some men's and women's teams share the same home stadium:

• KEPCO and Hyundai E&C are currently occupying Suwon Gymnasium
    • Woori Card and GS Caltex in Jangchung Arena (Seoul)
    • Samsung and KGC in Chungmu Gymnasium (Daejeon)

That 3-man receive was actually a bit overdue. AFAIK, Jeongah transferred to Hi-pass since she wanted to participate in reception. Before the 20-21 season, their coach also stated that he'll be using a 3-man receive formation. But those weren't fulfilled :sos:. It's time for her to do full-time in reception duties, especially with KYK retiring from the NT.

I would like to see Jung Jiyoon play as an OH. Her approach as an OPP is a bit awkward but is killing (almost) every ball that comes her way when she's playing as on outside hitter. Let's see how her receive assignment goes. ;)

• Goodbye pretty neon green😢 The new green is so... 😩

The front kinda looks like a blank piece of document lol, with top left and top right items

The old one with HILLSTATE across was so gorgeous

Loved the dark blue one, the white was pretty too. Green matched the colours so well. At least we had it for several years

• The old design was honestly one of the best I've seen anywhere. Too bad they changed it. The palette was indeed gorgeous

• The back of the uniform mostly stays the same, except they moved the team name there.

Then, they copied the V from the back and pasted it to the front. :aww:

I still can't get over the blank space at the front. :sos: Like, why did they move the number to the chest if they weren't gonna put anything else there.

I love the neon green too but the design is the bigger problem. It would have been better if they only changed the green, I think.

FA-zkgtVUAcYQ2t?format=png&name=900x900

• why hyundai why? 😔 i actually prefer the numbers splashed across the uniform in the front, and of course the old colours.....

And media day:

i can't read korean, so it's on the 15th Oct? For both men and women?

Players attending the media day, besides their coaches:

Kixx - Kang Sohwi

Heungkuk - Kim Miyeon

IBK - Kim Heejin

Hi-pass - Park Jeongah

KGC - Lee Soyoung

Hyundai - Hwang Minkoung

Peppers - Lee Hanbi

• The old uniform was so nice I genuinely considered buying it once🤤

But it was a bit too troublesome to find out how so I gave up lol, and surely expensive (shipping) as well

Now that it's gone I kinda want it even more though🥺

i can't read korean, so it's on the 15th Oct?

Not sure if Media Day dates have been announced yet (not that I know of)

But the Oct 15th in the post refers to the date they will announce the fans who won the draw for a signed ball by the media day participating players😅

Wanted to add that the red and black suits the Pepper players wore during their opening ceremony looked so badass and nice🔥

(Their uniform is nice too)