S.Korea - 2021-2022 V-League (Women)

• Lee So-young, Go Ui-jeong, Jeong Ho-young, Lee Seon-woo, Han Song-yi, Park Eun-jin, Yeum Hye-seon

That's already 7 and you can only protect 6.

I'm not sure I'm protecting Oh Ji-young before any of those. You could make a case for Han Song-yi, but she's really good in V-League, and there are still not enough spots to protect Oh Ji-young.

• Lee So-young, Go Ui-jeong, Jeong Ho-young, Lee Seon-woo, Han Song-yi, Park Eun-jin, Yeum Hye-seon

That's already 7 and you can only protect 6.

I'm not sure I'm protecting Oh Ji-young before any of those. You could make a case for Han Song-yi, but she's really good in V-League, and there are still not enough spots to protect Oh Ji-young.

If I was KGC and just got Lee So-Young, I would have protected OH Ji-Young and instead let either KO Ui-Jeong or LEE Seon-Woo go unprotected.

Edit: Crazy as it might sound, I was thinking of not protecting Han Song-Yi and protecting KUJ and LSW.

• I still don't understand why KGC didn't name OHJi-Young as one of their protected players when they signed LEE So-Young.

I thought it was salary but they were well under salary cap as well, unless KGC as a corporation decided not to spend so much on the club (but then comes the ?question? about Soyoung's 650k - I don't think GS or many/any other cubs were able to offer SY even 600k)

2. team harmony, i dont know what really happen last season, but with shipping two senior player out, team culture certainly different

this is a possibility as well

Anyway random, but I can't get used to Sohwi's new look, no judgement at all but I just think she was cuter before with her monolids haha

• i initially thought it's gonna end 3-0 in favour of GS. but now... hmmmm

if kgc continues to play this way, they can win this.

their blocks went up up up after park eun jin came in.

• Feel bad for the reserve liberos on GS lol, they're good but won't get much playing time since OJY joined

Meanwhile you have Pepper and KGC without any or without a good libero lol

Anyway this match is pretty amusing, especially with so many swapping of players between the two teams

• Very confused what KGC's strategy is :cheesy:

Do they want to win this season? Or build for later seasons?

Doing a one-to-one trade with an immediately good player like Choi Eunji for a younger player with future potential like Park Hyemin.

They spent so much to recruit Lee Soyoung, but sent away Choi Eunji and Oh Jiyoung lol

(edited names)

• Very confused what KGC's strategy is :cheesy:

Do they want to win this season? Or build for later seasons?

Doing a one-to-one trade with an immediately good player like Park Eunjin for a younger player with future potential like Park Hyemin.

They spent so much to recruit Lee Soyoung, but sent away Park Eunjin and Oh Jiyoung lol

KGC kept PARK Eun-Jin and they traded CHOI Eun-Ji.

• Kgc doesnt have high budget on team operations, i heard it from Korean youtuber last season.

Maybe with LSY and ParkHyemin coming in the team will get a new fandom, higher brand value equal more sponsors (ex: skechers at the start of the seasons).

if ha hyo rim play better this game, probably kgc have more chance.

I expect another trade after kovo cup, gs certainly doesnt need 4 libero. Maybe trade with pepper for draft pick?

• Lee So-young is still only 26 (soon 27) and has many many prime years left. If they handle their cards well, KGC will become a dynasty. Somehow, I don't 100% trust the management though.

With so many promising young players, there WILL be growing pains; kids WILL make dumb mistakes, some will choke under pressure at times, but the coach should stay the course and be patient. The suffering that you endure now will make you win for years (before the kids all ask to get paid).