S.Korea - 2021-2022 V-League (Women)

• From an interview i’ve seen, KYK said she waited until kovo cup end so she can go to variety show with olympics member.

Because its hard to match the schedule, she split them into various show (running man, radio star, i live alone).

Idk how this thoughtful sunbae get so many hate on korean forum.

• Woots! Lotsa contents today :woohoo:

KIXX and IBK taking their profile shots today according to the players' IG.

I live alone tonight, mbc 11.10pm.

Heejin prepared a retirement party for her unnies:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000762350

Breakfast with Tiffany part 2 out:

Heejin's interview with allure korea (has english subtitles):

• Idk how this thoughtful sunbae get so many hate on korean forum.

Its a trash forum thats no longer being regulated btw, it isnt a good reference point for "opinions" cause its usually the same handful of users posting.
    Plus they hate on every single player in that forum

while i dont see the purpose of these forums (aside from discovering new info, cause its no different from a tweet/post/etc - except anonymous, making it even more useless) If you still really want to see a 'korean forum' on vball you should switch to the FIVB forum on dcgall instead

• They're pushing/promoting the KGC NT girls a lot, but I wonder if KGC will play Ha Hyo Rim or Yeom Hye Seon as main setter.

Last season even before her injury, Yeom was in a big slump and Ha Hyo Rim played much better + had better coordination with Diouf. It also seemed like their coach preferred her playing style too & was going to continue using her as main this season.

But all these promotion for the NT girls (Yeom included) is throwing me off lol, will the club play all 3 of them to attract new fans?

Either way I still think Ha Hyorim is a better setter for KGC, Yeom doesn't impress me lately
    (she has Lavarini in international competitions, so I can't tell if its her or his instructions)

Ah I see.. I've never searched for korean forums before, most of the korean stuff i find are from twitter..

Stick to Twitter, its definitely more decent than those anonymous forums.

Only good/downside about Twitter is that it can become a boring/toxic echo chamber at times (either going overboard to hate or praise on a common topic)

Since you can choose the content/users you want to follow & see, you basically only see what you want to see😅and choose what you agree/disagree with

So a forum like this here is kinda nice, different opinions at times, but people can live with it and not go crazy bashing one another under the cover of anonymity.

• Ha hyo rim only use diouf, when Yeom is playing the attack is more fluid, but yeah last season she struggle a bit.

But if you see kovo cup, ha hyo rim is struggling even when she had the whole B season to Practice with the team.

Definitely need reinforcement on setter, you cant last whole full season just on 2 setter.

coming back from olympic in full confidence surely affects her mentality as a setter, i still think yeom should start.

Its not just these 3 KGC player, basically all olympic player have busy schedule for interview and show appearance, someone said Kim Hee Jin schedule is like an idol who’s having a comeback lol 😂.

• Stick to Twitter, its definitely more decent than those anonymous forums.

Only good/downside about Twitter is that it can become a boring/toxic echo chamber at times (either going overboard to hate or praise on a common topic)

Since you can choose the content/users you want to follow & see, you basically only see what you want to see😅and choose what you agree/disagree with

So a forum like this here is kinda nice, different opinions at times, but people can live with it and not go crazy bashing one another under the cover of anonymity.

Maybe I'm just lucky but the people I'm following on Twitter mostly post positive/fangirling content or successful spikes/blocks etc content. Over here it feels a lot more objective and even if there is criticism it is not personal but constructive. So I appreciate that 😊👍

• Maybe I'm just lucky but the people I'm following on Twitter mostly post positive/fangirling content or successful spikes/blocks etc content. Over here it feels a lot more objective and even if there is criticism it is not personal but constructive. So I appreciate that 😊👍

Generally yes it's a great place to fangirl/fanboy haha

Until fanwars begin lol:gone:

(i.e. blaming certain players for a loss)

• Ha hyo rim only use diouf

It's also KGC's coach always asking her to use Diouf during timeouts so...
    Plus she is their best bet at scoring points since the rest usually don't convert even when she sends to them, once in awhile she switches up to use their middles when they're performing better, but that doesn't happen often.

I think she's good and stable (and better than Yeom), also I think IBK's setters abuses Lazareva more in comparison for sure🙃

Which leads me to another question, I wonder to what extent are a setter's choice of attack their choice, or the coach's direction.

For Hillstate it was very obvious cause Lee Dohee gives specific instructions during timeouts on which player to use more/or use in a certain moments.
    For KGC I say the above cause Lee Young Taek (coach) always says to send it to Diouf lol, anyway it really works so who wouldn't.

For other teams I can't tell, like Pink Spiders and the contentious debate on the lack of back attacks (which happened during NT as well), but Park Mihee never commented on it during timeouts so I presumed its the direction of the team/coach rather than the setter.

4volley wow 2009 archive video:what: furthest I ever found was 1 single 2014 match haha, what a pity, if not for fans saving from before & sharing, its pretty much all gone. Wonder if there's a site that saved all of them :(

• 4volley wow 2009 archive video:what: furthest I ever found was 1 single 2014 match haha, what a pity, if not for fans saving from before & sharing, its pretty much all gone. Wonder if there's a site that saved all of them :(

You can't miss this one from 2005! includes kim yeonkoung, kim suji, kim jaeyoung (kim suji's sis) and bae yoona in red, and oh jiyoung, han sooji, han eunji (han sooji's sis) in white.

• Sorry if this is a noob question but I saw this IBK profile today and was so surprised to see 6 korean lefts, and 1 foreigner right.. i know KYK mentioned that the right position in all the korean leagues are filled by foreigners, but I'm just wondering why this is the case? Are foreigners better at playing right for some reason? And even if they are, shouldn't they still let their players play in the right position more, so they can find suitable players playing right for national games?

thank you in advance for answering :)

E_tfUQGVEAA1_dE?format=jpg&name=large

• Sorry if this is a noob question but I saw this IBK profile today and was so surprised to see 6 korean lefts, and 1 foreigner right.. i know KYK mentioned that the right position in all the korean leagues are filled by foreigners, but I'm just wondering why this is the case? Are foreigners better at playing right for some reason?

Just my opinion but I think it's because the OPs are the main attackers in the teams. They don't have the serve-receive burden, they just get the ball set to them and spike. Therefore, the clubs want players who are tall and powerful to cover this position, and they can't find that in Korean players.

So in a sense, I guess saying "foreigners better at playing right" is correct.

And even if they are, shouldn't they still let their players play in the right position more, so they can find suitable players playing right for national games?

Unfortunately the clubs care more about their wins than the national team's wins. Kim Heejin is currently the main OP on the NT yet even her doesn't get to play OP at IBK.

I don't know too far into the history of the NT so I only know of Hwang Younjoo who used to be the main OP on the NT as well as at her club (Hillstate). After Hwang Younjoo, Park Jeongah sometimes took on the OP role on the NT but it didn't fit her I guess. In the end they just stick with Heejin.

I was expecting Jeong Jiyun to make the transition to OP after her stint at the VNL and Olympics but she'll be an OH instead, so the NT still have no "real" OP. :white: