S.Korea - 2021-2022 V-League (Women)

• I was wondering why Jeongah hasn't been appearing on more shows. Never knew it was because she didn't want to mess up the practice schedule (and not because she didn't get the invites :lol:). I'd love to see more of her. Her segments on the Radio Star episodes were really fun.

So glad things worked out well for her this time at Tokyo after those haunting hate comments at Rio. I'm praying that Hipass will stick with the 3-man receive system so that Jeongah can work on her reception.

Also KYK letting people know how lame KOVO is. They could have made a simple rule change ahead of this season.:mad:

Respect to Jeongah for pulling that off in a clutch situation even though she normally isn't allowed to do that.

• The 102nd National Sports Festival - U19 Girls' Volleyball Tournament

Oct 11 (Mon):

Q/F 1. Seoul (서울), Ilshin Girls' Comm. H.S. (일신여상) vs. Gyeonggi (경기), Hanbom H.S. (한봄고)

Q/F 2. Daegu (대구), Daegu Girls' H.S. (대구여고) vs. Chungbuk (충북), Jecheon Girls' H.S. (제천여고)

Q/F 3. Jinju (진주), Sunmyung Girls' H.S. (선명여고) vs. Incheon (인천), Bugae Girls' H.S. (부개여고)

Q/F 4. Gyeongbuk (경북), Pohang Girls' H.S. (포항여고) vs. Jeonbuk (전북), Jeonju Geunyoung Girls' H.S. (전주근영여고)

Previous Day Matches

Next-Day Matches

• Does anyone know exactly what the difference in the rules are? Because in the KOVO controversy I was pretty sure KYK was the last to touch the ball :what:

• Debatable point, I personally find that last touch on the ball should be the one considered as, well - the last touch. Feels more logical imo.

But it is true that the international rules now isn't the case, and works in the favour of the attackers in such cases.

I'm guessing KOVO might not want to change it because it'll make it harder to make a decision in scenarios like these if they followed international rules, whereas keeping it as last touch makes for a more straightforward decision.

Still, if that's what the international rule is, they should follow it accordingly. (though as a viewer, I'd rather if internationally they changed the rule, to judge based on the final touch on the ball)

• If you look at the slow motion the attackers is the last to touch, but im in favor of international rules. Its one of attacker technique isnt it.
    The same thing happen with NBA on a VAR check they still havent decide what to do about it

what amazing is KYK get PPL still promote the brand, but donate the money lol

• Its one of attacker technique isnt it.

I think that its an attacker technique to force a block out - aka spike/push the ball against a defender's hands and forcing the last touch to go off from the defender. Like in football/basketball where they kick/throw the ball against the opponent to make the ball go out.
    If it is unclear which player has the last touch (same time) even through VAR, and they rule in the attacker's favour, that makes sense too.

But I don't think it's fair if the attacker clearly has the last touch on the ball while intentionally forcing it out. All sports has always been last touch, so I'm not sure how the international rules came about - esp in VAR cases that still favour attackers.

This is just my opinion as someone who plays sports though, and it won't change anything haha. Ultimately if international rules stays this way, I do think v-league should align, but I believe they are keeping this rule for a clearer referee decision/VAR challenge.

Can't find the clip, but there was a controversial clip of a male volleyball player (who has larger hands & better grip) who pushed the ball against defender before grabbing the ball to swing it out behind him (in a short moment of time, so it wasn't caught as a catch ball) and last touch rule was in his favour as attacker.

• anyone knows if fans will be allowed into stadiums this coming season? i miss watching games that have got a packed stadium 😞

At the moment there will only be spectators for matches in Daejeon and Gwangju. As per the current South Korean government guidelines, KGC and AI Peppers will be allowed to have only 20% of the spectators at their home matches. Source: 1

• When i see the replay, it wasnt that bad. Maybe because the linesmen pulled out his feet quickly resulting more severe injury.

it was just a bad luck, the linesman sort of squatting down to see net touch, and Sarang took more step then needed after doing backtoss.

• Sunmyung beast of a server #13 SHIN Eun-Ji destroyed Hanbom libero in the 1st set to make the scoreline look more respectable. Sunmyung ain't their usual selves in this tournament. I think they are missing their captain #7 YANG Yu-Kyeong [OH] who was drafted by IBK Altos. Hanbom has the upper hand in the middle while Sunmyung is fighting back with their serving.

• She put one into the net :(

• Ah! they won the set anyway. I got sidetracked googling SHIN Eun-Ji :cheesy:

• and hanbom caught up after trailing!

IMO Hanbom versus Sunmyung should've been the final.

EDIT: Hanbom #12. KIM Se-Bin [MB] will be a player to watch out for at the draft in 2 years time.

you're right, she's pretty good. She looks lengthy, i wonder how tall is she....

• Sunmyung's playing high school ball now :white: