S.Korea - 2021-2022 V-League (Women)

• and hanbom caught up after trailing!

you're right, she's pretty good. She looks lengthy, i wonder how tall is she....

The Spike got her height written down as 186cm tall on this article. Both her dad KIM Cheol-Soo and mum KIM Nam-Soon are former volleyball players.

I would have like to see them at least try to raise her as an outside hitter. All the tall middle and high school players now are getting push into playing as middle blockers so that the other few and smaller players can play in matches. A few years earlier I saw there was a lack of tall middle blockers in the V-League but now IMO there will be lack of tall outside hitters in the coming years.

• I worried about next year draft, looking at the pool talent definitely lower then this year. I think in 2023-2024 draft is gonna be better.

without Park Love its gonna be hard for daegu to win against hanbom with strong blocking line, just mark Jung yun ju, and let Kim ga young handle the defence at the back.
    Speaking of Kim ga young, isnt hyundai is the perfect club for her, strong at MB and defensive OH thats just like HanBom lol.

watching Kim Se In hitting wall all games makes me wonder why pepper draft her just to play as servbero, you could have pick lee ji soo, or jeong yun ju, or make use of the player nomination from hyundai to appoint a libero. Is it because one of the coach is sunmyung headcoach?

• Looks like its a closer match then we think.

Lee ji soo and kang bo min not playing well they have to be benched (lee ji soon has slight injury yesterday)

daegu back up setter is doing okay unlike her first game where she only toss left, now more variations is used.

1-1 is the score right now, you can watch at naver tv for better broadcast

• congrats Daegu!

Finally broken curse all year without being champion, and what way to do it without your injured captain and the strongest team.

daegu girl really enjoy the match and joke around with their coach. On hanbom is polar opposite, i find the coach is annoying controling every little moves.

I guess this is why nobody pick Kang Bo Min despite her height, in quarterfinal she play so bad, yesterday her toss is on point, today playing bad again the coach need to replace her with freshman setter. 🤦‍♂️

• is there still no news of when is the media day? doesn't media day happen before the season starts? hmm.. the season starts this saturday.

The Media Day for the women's division will be held today at 15:00 KST. Sorry, I thought someone had previously posted info about media day so I only add the details on the front page here without saying anything. SBS Sports, KBSN Sports, and Naver Sports will broadcast it live.

• The Media Day for the women's division will be held today at 15:00 KST. Sorry, I thought someone had previously posted info about media day so I only add the details on the front page here without saying anything. SBS Sports, KBSN Sports, and Naver Sports will broadcast it live.

thanks and no biggie!

Thank you for always posting info in this forum. :drink:

• ??? how on earth did Park Sarang tear 2 of her ankle ligaments from that trip ???

I guess that's why she seemed to be in so much pain

(this is making me wonder if all the countless ankle sprains I had in the past from sports caused any injury to my ligaments that I'm not aware of)

She needs surgery apparently and will take 3-4 months to recover/rehab

• ??? how on earth did Park Sarang tear 2 of her ankle ligaments from that trip ???

I guess that's why she seemed to be in so much pain

(this is making me wonder if all the countless ankle sprains I had in the past from sports caused any injury to my ligaments that I'm not aware of)

She needs surgery apparently and will take 3-4 months to recover/rehab

i think because the linesman pull his feet quickly make it worse.

• i think because the linesman pull his feet quickly make it worse.

perhaps, you could see after the initial twist she didn't land properly and bent weird too, but really never expected to the point of ligament tears & surgery(?!)

The linesman should have had a wider field of vision, even in professional matches their first priority is to move out of the players way during gameplay

Sarang's injury reminds me of how Hoyoung missed her 1st season with a bad injury despite high expectations.

YouTube updates won't be so quick since media day just happened, there may be clips uploaded soon after - like the coaches picking winning candidate team (Hipass) and all

• 2020/2021 V League (Regular League) Head-to-head Record

Record
    3 Wins / 3 LossesMatch Win / Match Loss
    3 Wins / 3 Losses
    13 Wins / 12 LossesSet Win / Set Loss12 Wins / 13 Losses
    464Points (Attack + Block + Serve)439
    386 (42.94%)Attack Success (Success Rate)352 (40.37%)
    55 (2.20)Block Success (Per Set)62 (2.48)
    23 (0.92)Serve Success (Per Set)25 (1.00)
    364 (14.56)Set Success (Per Set)332 (13.28)
    232 (8.28)Receive Accuracy (Per Set)193 (6.80)
    500 (20.00)Dig Success (Per Set)473 (18.92)
    107Errors106
    17Errors (after 20 points)19

Errors after 20 points: The number of errors by both teams from the point when one of the teams reaches 20 points.

Sources: 1, 2

NB: For "Receive Accuracy (Per Set)" is the first number is the total number of accurate serve-receives against the opposition team in the regular season. The second number shown in the brackets ( ) is the total number of accurate serve-receives minus the number of total serve points by the opposition team in the regular season then divide by the total number of sets played.

• A bit late but HAN Da-Hye and HAN Su-Jin are the liberos for GS Caltex in today match. OH Ji-Young [Li] suffered hip muscle rupture. Besides Ji-Young, LEE Won-Jeong [S] and MOON Myoung-Hwa [MB] are also unavailable. Source: 1

From the match so far, IMO GS Caltex won't be able to rely on Moma being the team main weapon.

• I'm back, presumably, since the twins are on their way to Greece - since I stated back in February that I would consider coming back when they return to court.

I won't be around much in this thread though since my take on the V-League without the twins hasn't changed much in the past 8 months. Thanks to everybody who has kept the old V-League thread alive and to everyone who is active on this year's thread.

I hope you enjoy your stay and I do wish for a relatively low amount of drama in the league - for everybody's sake.

:drink: