According to this article, IBK is not only a mess on court but off court as well. There's so much tea I wonder how much is true. Some stuff that was mentioned aside from the Cho Songhwa - Kim Sanee case:
- The problem is not limited to this season. The team is known to have been training and playing games in an insincere manner, rebelling against the coaching staff coaching method from several years ago under the leadership of senior players.
- The team's management knew about this but they chose to cover it up instead of reporting to the higher ups.
- No one wants to take responsibility when the team's performance plummeted. The team's cracks were reportedly so serious that even if certain players were pointed out that they were not playing properly during training, they would try to shift the blame to someone else.
- Rebecca is going to be replaced soon.
- Head coach replacement is also under consideration but might have been scrapped when the team escaped the losing streak.
Third point reminds me of this post I saw on DC Gallery about the timeout in the KGC match when Seo Namwon told Songhwa to do the overhand toss whenever possible. After Songhwa answered, libero Shin Yeongyeong said something Latham. When I watched the match, I didn't know what she said, but the gist I got from the comments here is that Shin Yeongyeong was "blaming" Latham for those lost points instead of Songhwa. Maybe someone can verify what she said?
(Link, which also includes two should-have-been overhand tosses by Songhwa.)
(The users here also pointed out that these IBK articles are being constantly edited, same thing @Kofudakji mentioned a few posts ago. So looks like some covering up is still going on.)
First point is kind of scary if true. Senior players...