S.Korea - 2021-2022 V-League (Women)

• But in a way, the setter should set to Kim more.. she's the main spiker after all, so the expectation is higher.. we can't judge the dynamics at play with the team but there's a story behind all of it that we just can't speak to..

• But in a way, the setter should set to Kim more.. she's the main spiker after all, so the expectation is higher.. we can't judge the dynamics at play with the team but there's a story behind all of it that we just can't speak to..

LJY was domestic #1 & top 5 scorer in v-league before Kim returned, and there were games where she was set to less than Kim but still scored more (KOVO Cup finals for example)

They also had a foreign player Lucia who could score well on the team in the Opposite position, not forgetting Seyeong as MB.

The stats will show that the set distribution were not as skewed as the media/fans made it out to be either. There were many games where Kim was set to most.

If you watched their matches, KYK was always set more to when she was in front row, and LJY was always set more to when she was in front row.

It was simple as that.

• Korea Expressway and KGC Ginseng recently had a practice match and the result was Korea Expressway 3 - 1 KGC Ginseng ( 16 - 25, 25 - 19, 25 -19, 15 - 09 ). Since the video was posted by Korea Expressway, basically all the footage is of the points they won.

PARK Eun-Jin wasn't wearing her training gear so I'm guessing she is still recovering.

Outside hitter KO Ui-Jeong had to play as MB alongside HAN Song-Yi as JUNG Ho-Young is with the NT, LEE Ji-Su is with the U20 NT, and NA Hyun-Soo got traded.

I would understand it if it was CHAE Seon-Ah [Li] but KGC head coach KO Hee-Jin got SEO You-Kyeong [Li] playing as an OH upfront in the practice match is puzzling. I know he is short on players and but is this even going to happen in an actual match to warrant practice.

LEE Ye-Dam [MB] played in both the OH and MB position. I think KIM Jong-Min is thinking of using her as a cover for PARK Jeong-Ah too.

Don't know why Korea Expressway JEON Sae-Yan [OH] wasn't missing from the practice match.

• I don't think KYK would go all the way to the USA for intense training and not hope for a competitive offer. more likely, there was no offer from EU clubs. rumor mills usually run when the club is considering a player (in the negotiation phase) and there's zero peep about KYK being considered by any club. I think she settled with Korean league instead.

• I don't think KYK would go all the way to the USA for intense training and not hope for a competitive offer. more likely, there was no offer from EU clubs. rumor mills usually run when the club is considering a player (in the negotiation phase) and there's zero peep about KYK being considered by any club. I think she settled with Korean league instead.

Didn't you read this forum before, there were many rumors about her being transferred to Monza

I think it's a really odd choice for her to return to Korea this season.

Previously it made sense considering Korea was safer due to covid & China for a shorter recovery season, but this year there's no particular factor and her Korean club is extremely weak too.

Her agent did share with news reporters that she received an offer from an overseas league for 600K euros, didn't state which though.

Just gonna guess she's ready to slow down and retire now, and settle back in Korea fully

Korean news mentioned a lot of rumours from Monza (for multiple seasons now) and apparently also Igor Novara (though this might've just been her fans hoping for her to play under coach Lavarini again)

Apparently the rumour was from a volleyball site? I don't know which though - but her name was removed from it after. They also quoted an Italian twitter person who insisted they knew more about the transfer rumour... :gone:

• Maybe KYK will pull a Larson and join an Italian team after the winter? Perhaps she only signed a contract for half season? Did Korean media mention anything about it?

I also can't imagine she would go the States to follow a specific program only to join the Pink Spiders after. Is she btw a free agent or did she had to play one more season there?

Her intention must have been to join a top club I think.

• Her agent did share with news reporters that she received an offer from an overseas league for 600K euros, didn't state which though

Yet her fans said she signed up with Pink Spiders for 600? Turns out it was an alleged offer from an overseas club.

I don't think Pink panthers could also afford to pay imports that much. Even good players get 200k at most in EU clubs.

• Maybe KYK will pull a Larson and join an Italian team after the winter? Perhaps she only signed a contract for half season? Did Korean media mention anything about it?

I also can't imagine she would go the States to follow a specific program only to join the Pink Spiders after. Is she btw a free agent or did she had to play one more season there?

Her intention must have been to join a top club I think.

There's no half season in Korea, it is always complete full seasons. She will not be able to change teams next season halfway either.

She is not a free agent, but she is completely free to join any overseas club, but once she returns to Korea she has no choice but to sign with Pink Spiders for 1 more year.

It doesn't seem like that was her intention considering she didn't accept any of the rumoured offers overseas, unless she didn't get one or one she likes.

Yet her fans said she signed up with Pink Spiders for 600? Turns out it was an alleged offer from an overseas club.

I don't think Pink panthers could also afford to pay imports that much. Even good players get 200k at most in EU clubs.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

She was offered 700million krw (~515K euros) in Korea by Pink Spiders. It is the max salary cap any player in Korea can get.

The 600k euros was another offer which her agent says was offered by a foreign club (but no club name was given, nor reason as to why she turned it down)

Unless the club themselves officially announces it, I guess we'll never know how true that was - or if its a PR statement.

But based on rumours, it does seem possible.

• News Update

GS Caltex Kixx today confirmed the departure of No. 8 KIM Hae-Bin [Li] and No. 3 CHA Yu-Jeong [OH]. Fortunately for Hae-Bin, it appears that she will find a new team very quickly with an article from thespike.co.kr claiming that PSB AI Peppers will try to recruit her once she is announced as a free-status player.

Source: 1, 2, 3