Japan - V.League V2 (Division 2, Women) 2021-2022

• I'm still in denial about JVL saying they have no plans to broadcast V2 matches. I'm watching those little Intro Videos everyone is doing and the V2 teams are so much fun. I'm somehow holding on to the belief that they may not show them live but they will be available VOD. It makes no sense but I have to cling to something, and I could live with that

• cash is the main reason. Unless they make the V1 League become 14 teams, which may be a theoretical idea, to be similar to Europe. At least many of the teams in V1 have some cash behind them. At least many of the V2 teams have S1 licenses….

• I think folks would be surprised at how good some of the V2 matches are, not to mention how totally awesome some of the HS and University matches are or how off the charts crazy great some of the 9-ball matches are :) I think it would help "grow the game" if they made it so people could see more of it in good quality

It actually detracts, and makes it look bad/no fun to psuedo-broadcast crappy stuff

• Brilliant Aries posted an announcement that's about exactly the same as the one Toray posted about Ai Kurogo:

Rina Sasaki, who belongs to this team, is not feeling well, so we will take a rest for a while. We apologize for the inconvenience to our fans and all concerned, but we would appreciate it if you could watch over us warmly. We look forward to your continued support for the players and Brilliant Aries.

Makes me sad. She was the setter, there at the beginning, until Miho Yokota came along. For me, she was the spiritual leader of the team and had a better connection with the players than Yokota. But Yokota has a resume (Tsukuba, MVP, Champion).

It's unlikely that Sasaki would ever have played more than the two card any more, but still sad. I wish her the best

• From GSS Tokyo Sunbeams web site:

As a result of discussions with the V-League Organization, all games of the GSS Tokyo Sunbeams will be streamed live on the [GSS Tokyo Sports Channel] platform, as the V2/3 teams have been granted permission to stream their games on Oudomedia. As a result of discussions with the V-League Organization, the V2/3 teams have been granted permission to broadcast their games live on the GSS Tokyo Sports Channel platform. Please look forward to it, all the fans in Japan.

It's not good enough, but it's something. I wonder how many other teams will do it.

• Great a team without goals of making V1, broadcasting their own games. Can they use an iPhone that someone is holding to broadcast?

That's the first thing I thought ... of all the the teams to announce something like that

GSS does have a video show of sorts. Maybe they have a good camera

• I could have sworn I posted that Veertien Mie has been granted an S1 License and will join V.League Division 2 next year. (The picture I posted above is from the News article announcement). I must have gotten sidetracked. But this good news for Veertien Mie is met with several retirement announcements. I think everyone of them, in their bye bye blurb mentioned their disappointment that after qualifying for a spot, the National Sports Festival got cancelled. Like it was their main goal in life and an angry god took it away from them.

A few of the retirees were important players, and a couple were players I really liked. They lost both of their setters :white:

Shiori Kimura, who just transferred over from Chiba Angel Cross, tore her Achilles tendon so she's hanging it up.

I think they can still be competitive, assuming they find a setter :)

So 11 teams next year in V2 unless V.League does something weird like limits V1 and V2 to 8 teams each and sends the backwash to V3

• Gunma Bank is onboard with the live streaming ... unfortunately on their Instagerm

• 2021.10.30 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Breath Hamamatsu 1–3 JA Gifu

19-25

25-20

20-25

19-25

83–95

Prestige International 3–0 Chiba Angel Cross

25-11

25-13

25-18

75–42

Gunma Bank 3–0 Ligare Sendai

25-19

25-22

25-15

75–56

Brilliant Aries 3–0 GSS Tokyo Sunbeams

25-20

25-19

25-15

75–54

GSS appears to have scrubbed their social media of any trace of their humiliating livestream loss. Weenies. It was there last night but seemed to be in that limbo state between live and archive so I couldn't download it. Bummer :mad: I see in the stats that Captain Ami is back in a smashing return: 18/34 @ 52% and 75% reception :rose:

• Live broadcasts, can't be recorded

• Live broadcasts, can't be recorded

Yes they can. On youtube you either need to get it while it's live, or wait until it goes to park and DL it. There's a limbo state between them. Same as vtv. GSS had uploaded what appeared to be 2 sets. The one I tried downloading was only 17 minutes so they were probably having issues

• I had left this in jDownloader overnight. It must have found a magic moment

But, alas ....

• I hope GSS gets their act together and isn't afraid to keep the videos online even if they lose. They have a good camera. The quality of the video is better than most V2 vtv coverage and better than the V1 fails by a lot. Only downside is the person shooting is a little itchy with the zoom. There's no score bug so every once in a while they zoom in on the scoreboard.

The 17 minute video included warmup time so all I got is set 1 up to the first TTO

Brilliant Aries new Coach is shuffling the deck. Captain Ami* played OP, Maki Yamaguchi moved from OH to MB, and Karin Nojima (Kasumi of NEC's little sister) played OH. I wish I could see more

*Ami Takahashi isn't actually Captain this year but she is way the leader of the team so I'm going to call her Captain Ami anyway instead of "Ami of Ami and Emi fame" because Emi retired over the summer :(

• Not to mention I hope Gumna Bank ditches the Instapuke nonsense. It's a shit video in portrait fucking mode :!: at about 240p (GSS is 1080p @30fps) and it's taking hours to DL it because Instantshit (ie. FACEBOOGER) must restrict DL to the bandwidth needed to stream such inferior product (the way youtube does with the audio in those DASH video streams)

• Not to mention I hope Gumna Bank ditches the Instapuke nonsense. It's a shit video in portrait fucking mode :!: at about 240p (GSS is 1080p @30fps) and it's taking hours to DL it because Instantshit (ie. FACEBOOGER) must restrict DL to the bandwidth needed to stream such inferior product (the way youtube does with the audio in those DASH video streams)

Not at me thinking GSS and Gunma Bank were the same clubs since they similar green logos and the gunma bank acc didn't appear when I searched on twitter. I followed Sunbeams Tokyo and was confused as to wtf happened to Klaric. I realise just now they are 2 different clubs:wacko:

• Gunma Bank cameraperson walked around with their iPhone and parked on Gunma Bank's side of the net all three sets :tzz:

Oh well, the first official VTV V2 broadcast is between Sendai and Brilliant Aries. Couldn't ask for more :thumbup:

• Way to go GSS :!: They put it up