Olympic Games 2020 - general thread

• The Games have just started.

We are after first football matches and hopefully nothing will stop it.

Empty arenas will be fur sure a very weird image, but anyway good for all of the athletes that they are able to compete.

:olympia:

• what sports do you guys follow besides volleyball?

I love judo, archery, fencing, tennis, water polo, swimming, hockey and athletics!

and I'm also looking forward to watching the newcomers: skateboarding and surfing:box:, I haven't really watched these sports.

I'm anti equestrian, golf, boxing:lol: kick them out of the OGs:mad:

I love judo, archery, fencing, tennis, water polo, swimming, hockey and athletics!

and I'm also looking forward to watching the newcomers: skateboarding and surfing:box:, I haven't really watched these sports.

Swimming is my favourite to watch, but also athletics, tennis, handball, rowing, water polo and of course beach volleyball lol

Imo, equestrian and golf are boring indeed

• Right after volleyball I love very much Athletics. I watch it from the beginning of a day to the end. Very similar is with swimming to me.

Fencing is also fantastic sport to me and I would like to try it one day. Also after Rio I like very much shooting, especially after rules changing - top 8 finalists have 0 points at the beginning of the final and finalists are eliminated one by one after 2 shoots. It meant that each shoot was very important and created a lot of emotions. Despite that I like rowing, canoeing and during 2019 European Games I have discovered 3x3 basketball. I would never expect by myself that I will like this discipline so much - only 1 minutes game and it's very dynamic, no time to waste.

I really don't like and don't understand equestrian. It should be replaced by some modern sport. Maybe you will think I'm crazy but I would like to see dancing as a Olympics discipline (now I checked and I see break dance will debut in Paris). Also golf should be removed, this sport has no value. Weightlifting is so much doped sport that is should be removed.

• I get very nationalistic when the Olympics are and I follow all the sports that the Dutchies participate in, even though I normally don't like that sport at all:lol:🙈🧡

Besides volleyball I like to watch athletics (especially sprint numbers, heptathlon and pole vault), swimming, diving, water polo! Excited Olympics will finally start:woohoo:

• I get very nationalistic when the Olympics are and I follow all the sports that the Dutchies participate in, even though I normally don't like that sport at all:lol:🙈🧡

Besides volleyball I like to watch athletics (especially sprint numbers, heptathlon and pole vault), swimming, diving, water polo! Excited Olympics will finally start:woohoo:

Dafne Schippers :super:

• I share nationalistic feelings with Let's go orange , so beside all Serbian athletes and their respective sports and volleyball ofc, personally i enjoy a lot in athletics (can't wait for the second week), swimming, diving. OTOH there is for example Basketball, Handball, *TENNIS, which i usually follow on the other national competitions and clubs season, on the Olympics i don't follow that match.

follow tt, badminton, and diving (and tennis, but not at the olympics)

occasionally watch some other sports like taekwondo, basketball, weightlifting, fencing.

edit: also share the nationalistic feelings from the previous posters when it comes to the olympics. probably the only appropriate moment for such feelings lolol

• With this new rules in shooting where the finals starts from 0, and the elimination rounds, they make the competition so intense. Happy for the first medal for Serbia 🥈.