Olympic Games 2020 - general thread

• Yulimar Rojas breaked 26 years old world record in triple jump. What an amazing performance in the final :cheesy::heart:

• yea, but like that’s such a mess of a replay system.

What happened to them? I saw Agatha/Duda lost to the Germans

They had 13x11 and the Germans scored a point with a bump lol and then the team fell apart. Duda make a mistake and then I think she got blocked.

• What a shocking result for the 100 meters! Marcell Jacobs (ITA), ranked 8th, grabs the gold medal 8|

• What a shocking result for the 100 meters! Marcell Jacobs (ITA), ranked 8th, grabs the gold medal 8|

Fred Kerley gets silver! He switched from the 400m to sprints and gets the reward!

Bromell was disappointing.. but he never struck me as the gold favorite so many were claiming him to be... he was never consistent

:cheesy: Two gold medals for Italy in just 20 minutes, and first one ever in 100m (second in sprint events - Berruti 200m 1960), also first for Europe since Atlanta'1992, with new European record. Just amazing :rose:

• Italy has also already reached the total number of medals they got in Beijing and just one medal away to equal the total for London and Rio, definitely a great expedition so far for the italians!

I don't know if it has been talked about already, but so far the most impressive medal (imo) is the silver Gregorio Paltrinieri achieved on the 800m freestyle. He was probably one of the favorites pre Olympics to get a medal, but he contracted mononucleosis at the end of June and had to skip the whole last month of preparation, and even his participation was a question mark. Seeing how fast he recovered and still managed to achieve great results is sooo impressive!

• 1. My country winning our first GOLD medal from Hidilyn Diaz. (Weightlifting)

2. We'll have a sure silver (hopefully Gold) from Nesthy Petecio. (Boxer)

3. A sure bronze from Eumir Marcial a male. (boxer)

-------------------------------------------------------

Rewards:

Gold: USD 600,000.00

Silver: USD 300,000.00

Bronze: ~ USD 120,000.00

• how far does 600k usd get you in the Philippines?

• how far does 600k usd get you in the Philippines?

She and her family will have a very comfortable life.

But she needs to spend it wisely.

Here's a summary

₱10 million

Cash incentive from the government through Republic Act 10699 or the National Athletes and Coaches Benefits and Incentives Act

₱10 million

From a Businessman / Corporation

₱10 million

From a Businessman / Corporation

₱3 million

From a Party-list (A Sport Affiliated Political Group)

₱2.5 million

From her City Government

₱5 million cash and free fuel for life

From a Sport Foundation

₱3 million and a house and lot in Zamboanga

From the Philippine President

₱14-million Residential condominium unit in Eastwood, Quezon City

From a Real Estate Corp

₱4-million house and lot at any PHirst Park Homes community of her choice

From a Real Estate Corp

House and lot in Tagaytay

From the Philippine Olympic Committee President