Olympic Games 2020 - general thread

• Dutch women field hockey team complete their dominance by winning the gold:cup:They now are the defending champions of every competition! Clearly they are 2 steps ahead of every opponent.

• Dutch women field hockey team complete their dominance by winning the gold:cup:They now are the defending champions of every competition! Clearly they are 2 steps ahead of every opponent.

is there a professional league somewhere? (that's probably a dumb question)

but here, field hockey is a sport for rich people in college :lol::lol::lol: (and the USA isnt very good at it lol)

• is there a professional league somewhere? (that's probably a dumb question)

but here, field hockey is a sport for rich people in college :lol::lol::lol: (and the USA isnt very good at it lol)

Yes there is, but not in many countries and Dutch league is by far the best, so big advantage for them.

Also in the Netherlands is more common that people from higher class play hockey:rolll:

• :love: Shaunae Miller-Uibo :love:

Gold again in the 400 with a new PB :cup:

And the living legend Felix, 36 years, with one more medal.

• So pleased for Laura Muir getting her silver medal but what can you say about Kipyegon? Legend.

• I was really excited about Andrejczyk’s potential gold medal, after Rio 4th place, now one more time the best result in qual. plus the result over 70m this year, gold was really close but silver is also huge success. Her limits are really high.

• I was really excited about Andrejczyk’s potential gold medal, after Rio 4th place, now one more time the best result in qual. plus the result over 70m this year, gold was really close but silver is also huge success. Her limits are really high.

Andrejczyk got her right shoulder injured after her 71.4 throw earlier this year and wasn't fully healthy in Tokyo, her winning a medal is fine under circumstances.

• Andrejczyk got her right shoulder injured after her 71.4 throw earlier this year and wasn't fully healthy in Tokyo, her winning a medal is fine under circumstances.

Oh i didn't know that, wasn't able to watch the competition just follow the results.

• Elaine Thompson-Herah Queen of the Olympics with 3 gold medals:obey:

• Oh i didn't know that, wasn't able to watch the competition just follow the results.

Yeah, I'm just watching an interview with her on TV and she said that she was in pain even during today's competition, so she's extremely happy with a medal. Just wish Andrejczyk won't have any major injuries in a future, but Marysia said she's aware that her health is fragile with these chronic shoulder injuries, so I just hope she'll be injury-free in next few years, it's hard not to like her. :)

• Who would have said that Italy would take so many gold medals in athletics. Not expected at all. This is the 5th gold medal 8|

• RESPECT for Sifan Hassen:obey:

After gold at 5000 meters and bronze at 1500 meters, she takes the gold at the 10000 meters!:woohoo:

She will be the flag bearer for the Netherlands tomorrow and she definitely deserves it:heart:

• RESPECT for Sifan Hassen:obey:

After gold at 5000 meters and bronze at 1500 meters, she takes the gold at the 10000 meters!:woohoo:

She will be the flag bearer for the Netherlands tomorrow and she definitely deserves it:heart:

I have watched all her highlights, massive respect to that woman! Bringing Netherlands into the athletics map!