2024 Paris Olympic Games

• There's nothing official right now, I think the final decision will be after the VNL.

Realistically though Italy should qualify anyway due to ranking position even if it's not through the qualifier, so I could see her taking the whole summer off honestly

In my fantasy world, Paola takes the whole summer off and Italy failed to qualify by losing to Poland. Asia makes her dream happen and goes to Olympic with her NT teammates. Due to the humiliating result, Mazantti is finally fired. Then Italy qualifies to the Olympic anyway because of high ranking and has a new coach for the Olympic year.

• In my fantasy world, Paola takes the whole summer off and Italy failed to qualify by losing to Poland. Asia makes her dream happen and goes to Olympic with her NT teammates. Due to the humiliating result, Mazantti is finally fired. Then Italy qualifies to the Olympic anyway because of high ranking and has a new coach for the Olympic year.

Mazzanti is one of the worst european coaches, i never understood why Italy doens't change him, very strange!!!

• but who can replace him just before the olympics?

• So these WCH medals would be turned into gold if only other coach than Manzatti would be Italy’s coach? Not mentioning about ECH gold as it’s hard to replace gold with smth better 🤔

Italy played better at the ECH than at the Olympics, and then played better during VNL Finals than during WCH. I don't know what they could have achieved, but this isn't a sign of perfect coaching. Obviously, to same degree he gets criticized because of messy setters and OHs lineup, Egonu also isn't in her top-top shape for quite a while, so it's not like these players under different coaches play any better (this year's league season).

• Italy played better at the ECH than at the Olympics, and then played better during VNL Finals than during WCH. I don't know what they could have achieved, but this isn't a sign of perfect coaching. Obviously, to same degree he gets criticized because of messy setters and OHs lineup, Egonu also isn't in her top-top shape for quite a while, so it's not like these players under different coaches play any better (this year's league season).

Oh yes, I forgot Italy won also VNL last year, thanks. No reason to change the coach.

• Even though I don’t like Mazzanti but Italian NT results are ECH gold, VNL gold and WCH bronze. I mean is this bad ?!

If He didn’t get fired after Olympics, surely He will not get fired right before Olympics.

• I just bought a ticket for paris

The price for frinals are so high

• :huh: is that 420 euros for the finals??

Yeah

They were cheap prices for qusrter finals and group phased but they were all takedn in 1st saleds

• Yeah

They were cheap prices for qusrter finals and group phased but they were all takedn in 1st saleds

already sold out ????

I mean how big venue is ?

Demand is that big for all sports or ?

• I don't think they put on sale all the tickets, I think they will sell more in the next months and also there must be something available at the physical ticket desk in Paris during the OG

But yeah, prices are just mindblowing

• no

There were 2 phases of saleds

The first you could buy a pack of 3 tickets for different sports but only 3

In this phase you had cheap prices like 24 euros for some sports like vb

It was by drawing you need to register and I was chosen but i didn't buy anything :gone:

The cheap prices were already off and I can only buy 3 and I couldn't afford so I quit

The 2nd phase started 9th may you can buy single tickets.....there are some cheap prices but mostly all cheap were already taken..for this you should also register and be selected by draw

The final phase is when anyone could buy the rest of tickets

• I don't think they put on sale all the tickets, I think they will sell more in the next months and also there must be something available at the physical ticket desk in Paris during the OG

But yeah, prices are just mindblowing

Not all....they put in sell some places by drawing

I think in June it gonna be free for all to buy

The cheapest ticket in vb cost 120€

• Unofficially Polish group will play in Łódź.

7 matches in 9 days! That’s tough, even though 4 out of 7 are relatively “easy” for the contenders. And surprisingly Japan puts both most difficult opponents on the last two consecutive days for themselves, didn’t they always arrange the schedule that would be most favorable to themselves when they’re the host in the past?