2024 Paris Olympic Games

• In case anyone is wondering why I have 11 for Japan .. YOLO counts as two :drink:

• how did no one shade me for forgetting SWP :lol:

• I will do predictions for Serbia

s : MAJA (as a dream) Perović, Veselinović

opp: Bosković, Carić

oh : Lazović, Milenković, Buša, Uzelac

mb : Aleksić, Kocić, Kurtagić

l : Đurđević

• Here's mine

S: Roberta, Macris

OPP: Rosamaria, Lorenne

OHs: Gabi, Tainara, Ana Cristina, Karina

MBs: Carol, Diana, Mayany, Carol G <3

L: Nyeme

• Turkey

S: Cansu, Lila

OPP: Ebrar, Derya

OHs: Hande, İlkin, Şeyma/Meliha, Melisa (U-16)

MBs: Eda (dream), Zehra, Kübra, Karmen/İlayda

L: Ayça

• Brazil

Setter: Roberta ; Nayane; (Macris)

Opposite: Kysi ; Lorenne (Rosamaria)

MB: Carol; Lorena; Mayany (Diana)

OH: Gabi; Ana Cristina; Karina; Julia Bergmann (Tainara)

Libero: Nyeme (Lais)

• Hi! I'm gonna jump the gun and create this thread in advance just to make it easier and possibly improve the experience for everyone going forward. If you get it, you get it. :win:

Got it. Thank you :rose:

gone

• Setter: Roberta, Macris, Vivian Lima

Opposite: Kisy, Lorenne, Rosamaria, Jheovana(?), Ariane Pinto(?)

MB: Carol, Lorena, Mayany, Diana Alecrim, Julia Kudiess, Karyna

OH: Gabi, Ana Cristina, Karina, Julia Bergmann,Tainara

Libero: Nyeme, Lais Vasques, Natinha

• Which teams do you think will lose most of their starting-7 for the next OG? And Let's discuss if it will have a big impact considering alternatives

USA: Larson, Akinradewo, maybe MBH?

Larson and MBH has been a good duo but MBH's offensive power dropped a lot this tournament, probably Plummer and SWP will replace her, and Kelsey can easily replace Larson, Ciaka will fill Foluke's shoes well. So I don't expect USA to be weaker during next Olympic cycle

BRA: Garay, Tandara, Brait, Gattaz

Garay was phenomenal except the final match, same with Gattaz. I haven't watched Nyeme yet but considering the comments of Brasilian forum members, Brait won't be missed much. I think from Gattaz to Mayany, there will be a big downgrade. Maybe Bia will improve her level since Brazilian MBs reach their peak in their late 30s :D Or Adenizia would make a Gattaz-comeback

SRB: Maja, Rasiç, Popoviç

Rasiç can be replaced easily since MB is the position Serbia has biggest depth however both setter and libero positions have been lacking even backup players for many years, now finding a good replacement for Maja and Popoviç will be tough, especially in only 3 years

Korea: KYK and ???

I expect them to be removed from elite volleyball level during next Olympic cycle, I doubt if they will actually qualify to 2024

TUR: Eda (I think Naz and Simge will stay around, but you never know).

Eda is not only one of the best MBs in the world but also she has been a great captain. Her presence was very important in this cycle, so she will be dearly missed. However, Zehra has already proved herself as a top MB and there are very good prospects in MB position so I am not concerned about it. Libero position will be a challenge since I don't see much potential at Ayça but let's see if Guidetti will do his magic on her as well. If Simge will stick around, we will be safe. Naz might stay as well but if she doesn't, Buse Ünai could replace her soon.

Italy: De gennaro

In theory Italy can play with the same players in next cycle except De Gennaro, although she is best libero in the world, Italy has so many good liberos so it won't be a huge loss for them.

Russia: Goncharova, Startseva, Malova, Koroleva?

Malova will be missed a lot, there are not many good liberos, at least not close to her level. Koroleva might indeed still play in Paris but if not, Russia won't have issue there neither. Biggest concerns are setter and Opp positions. Maybe Parubets will play as a receiving Opp like she does in Uralochka, then Goncharova won't be missed that much. Otherwise Akimova should step up

Dom: De La Cruz, Riviera, Vargas, Marte

Dom was already the oldest team in the tournament. They don't have a deep roster so they will be weaker for sure next Olympic cycle

JPN: Araki and ???

I am not expert at Japanes volleyball, maybe sitenoise can make a through analysis on who will retire before Paris and if it will weaken the team or not

CHN: Yan Ni, Wang, Dia Xing?

China's key players are still young. Libero was disappointing so having Feifan instead of her would be an upgrade. I don't know who can replace Dia and Yan Ni. There will be a downgrade there for sure

• I'm excited with Brazil's new Olympic cycle. They have talented liberos who I see will be in the NT: Nyeme, Natinha, Lais Vasquez, and setters: Vivian Lima (21), Duda (18) - daughter of "THE" Ana Flavia Sanglard.

• Brazil has talented MBs: Lorena, Diana Alecrim and Julia Kudiess. I see them all joining NT with Mayany and Carol Silva.

BTW, lets not hope for a Bia or Ade comeback at 2024 lmfao.

• Italy: De gennaro

In theory Italy can play with the same players in next cycle except De Gennaro, although she is best libero in the world, Italy has so many good liberos so it won't be a huge loss for them.

I think De Gennaro might try to get there honestly 😂

If Italy had good results I think she would have retired but considering the shorter cycle I think she's going to at least try sticking around. She's going to be "just" 37 in 2024, on this Olympic we've seen players around that age (or older) still having good performances. She didn't have any injuries or serious physical issues so far, if that doesn't change in these 3 years and her level doesn't drop I wouldn't count her out yet (just speculation though she didn't say anything one way or another)

• I'm really curious which European teams will qualify for Paris 2024...

- For me the only team who surely will qualify is Italy.

- I expect Serbia level will drop a lot to be honest, but they have Boskovic and she is able to win matches on her own. Wouldn't be surprised to see them at the Olympics again:)

- Russia finally showed some good volleyball again, so hope they can continue to perform at that level! They defenitly have one of the strongest outside hitters with Fedorovtseva, Parubets and Voronkova. On the other they will lose some key figures, so curious if they can find the right replacements in 3 years:/

- Wouldn't be suprised if Guidetti again would lead Turkey to the Olympics. They need much better contribution from their outside hitters if they want to qualify! Also Ebrar needs to be consistent. Eda most definitely will be a big loss!

- After they lost to Turkey at the European qualification, I thought Germany would have a big chance to qualify for the next Olympics. They have a great opposite in Lippmann, one of the best defensive outside hitters with Geerties and a talented middle blocker in Weitzel. Although I think non of the setters so far is able to do the same as Hanke did during that qualification tounament and Orthmann her level dropped a lot... Luckely for them Alsmeier seems a good alternative!
    - Poland has high highs and deep lows. Wolosz would be a big loss. They need to develop a stable outside hitter duo in 3 years and for me personally Stysiak should be the main opposite from now on! Than they could have a chance to qualify.

- Of course I hope the Netherlands will qualify for the Olympics in Paris:heart: I think it will be a tough job though... A lot will depend on the development of young talents and if older players keep playing at all for NT and when they do if they can keep at a high level. My hopes are on the following squad:

S: Bongaerts & Dijkema

Opp: Dambrink & Plak

OH: Daalderop, Buijs, M. Jasper & Knollema

MB: de Kruijf, Beliën & Baijens

L: Big question mark:S Schoot/ Knip/ Grothues/ H. Jasper/ Brokking

- For Belgium a lot will depend on Herbots, but with good contribution of Grobelna in attack and good defensive work of van Gestel, they are able to make an upset IMO. Setter position biggest question mark, because van der Vyver is too weak for the highest level.

- All other European countries who I didn't name would be big surprise to me if they would be able to qualify for the Olympics:D

• Turkey gonna be the one to lose the most

eda in mb can't be replaced cause where's other player there that can do 15 points or more ad her? Not only mb but now any turkish player can do that

And we see in turkey the best after zehra and her are kubra and the other that are years in NT and couldn't step it up

Uhm

• Which teams do you think will lose most of their starting-7 for the next OG? And Let's discuss if it will have a big impact considering alternatives

USA: Larson, Akinradewo, maybe MBH?

Larson and MBH has been a good duo but MBH's offensive power dropped a lot this tournament, probably Plummer and SWP will replace her, and Kelsey can easily replace Larson, Ciaka will fill Foluke's shoes well. So I don't expect USA to be weaker during next Olympic cycle

Foluke, Hill, and Larson I think will all be done. I didn't think so before the summer.. but MBH might too. I'm not sure if Kelsey will be around or not. I would think so.

Plummer is going to be the star in the making for this team. (at least that's what USAV is hoping for)

Big sike it's already Jordan Thompson :lol::lol:

SWP, Frantti, Lilley, Bastienelli, will all compete for the WCH roster... There's going to be some turnover.. but a lot of great replacements :box: