2024 Paris Olympic Games

• Foluke, Hill, and Larson I think will all be done. I didn't think so before the summer.. but MBH might too. I'm not sure if Kelsey will be around or not. I would think so.

Plummer is going to be the star in the making for this team. (at least that's what USAV is hoping for)

Big sike it's already Jordan Thompson :lol::lol:

SWP, Frantti, Lilley, Bastienelli, will all compete for the WCH roster... There's going to be some turnover.. but a lot of great replacements :box:

omg I forgot Dana Rettke. :lol::lol::lol: there's going to be a lot of new NCAA faces overseas in January... just in time for the WCH and 2024

• I don't know you guys but I think Eda might stick around till Paris. She already signed 3 years deal with Fenerbahçe and as long as she is healthy she might wanna be there.

If Eda can't make it to Paris24, we still have a few good prospects. Ofc they're not at Eda level yet. Also we are using our MB a lot bcz OH contribution isn't good, so we might see a change there as well. If we can have good OH we might not need both MB to be best scorers every match. (system changes)

I feel like I'm drunk texting, does it make sense? Lol

• omg I forgot Dana Rettke. :lol::lol::lol: there's going to be a lot of new NCAA faces overseas in January... just in time for the WCH and 2024

Butler will also be in the conversation. There are several OHs graduating this fall that could be a breakaway player.

I don’t think Kelsey can replace Jordan.

• Regarding Russia, they have a future superstar in Ekaterina Antropova, 202 cm and born 2003, who dominated immensely in Serie A2 this season and averaged like 30 pts per game. She will play for Scandicci in the upcoming season. In case she is eager to represent Russia, then I believe she is a greater prospect than Akimova on the OPP position. For sure, Antropova has asserted herself on senior level vastly more than Akimova up until this point. Perhaps Akimova could be relocated to OH and take a spot among the wingers, not sure if its possible.

• Yup situation with Antropova is still unkown.

Rumor is that coaches wants to convert her in OH (as Plummer) to play next to Egonu, but if She wants to stay OPP She should play for Russia.

Only thing that I know is that She wants to stay in Italy and to play in Seria A.

• Regarding Russia, they have a future superstar in Ekaterina Antropova, 202 cm and born 2003, who dominated immensely in Serie A2 this season and averaged like 30 pts per game. She will play for Scandicci in the upcoming season. In case she is eager to represent Russia, then I believe she is a greater prospect than Akimova on the OPP position. For sure, Antropova has asserted herself on senior level vastly more than Akimova up until this point. Perhaps Akimova could be relocated to OH and take a spot among the wingers, not sure if its possible.

Well, having Antropova and Akimova as Opp, and Arina and Kadochkina as Oh besides Voronkova and Parubets will be enough for Russia to be in Paris 2024, I think. Of course, they must find MBs and libero :lol:. Well, Malova is younger than De Gennaro, Popovic, Brait, etc and she'll be 34 y.o in Paris, so why not continue? ;(

• Wouldn't be suprised if Guidetti again would lead Turkey to the Olympics. They need much better contribution from their outside hitters if they want to qualify! Also Ebrar needs to be consistent. Eda most definitely will be a big loss!

Bear in mind that Vargas will play for Turkey, so they as a whole will maintain their level.

• JPN: Araki and ???

I am not expert at Japanes volleyball, maybe sitenoise can make a through analysis on who will retire before Paris and if it will weaken the team or not

Araki and Yuki Ishii for sure. Ishii already announced, and she was basically gone already anyway and yes, losing her and Risa Shinnabe weakened the team considerably.

I think all the middle blockers except the young Yamada will be gone. Shimamura still has a lot of bounce in her step, so not sure about her. There are a few interesting youngster MBs coming up like Ayaka Araki, Mami Yokota, and I still believe in U20 heroine Shion Hirayama, but MB is a place where "experience" helps a lot so I think it's going to be a tough transition.

I don't think there will be any more retiring. It's basically a youngish squad, but some others may fade away quietly.

Bottom line for me is Ishikawa and the Kurogo on court at the same time is never going to win anything. It's makes the chemistry of the whole team reek of bad vibes. They are the two darlings of the team but one of them has to go. that's going to be the new coach's hardest decision.

• These established teams will all definitely be contenders again, besides them Greece, Sweden and maybe even Romania could surprise us a little. I'm curious to see how they perform at Ech first and maybe some other talents will rise up as well.

If it was done today, I think the same teams would qualify or Poland if they were not playing a messy game for once :lol: but there is 3 years and anything can happen until then.

• good analysis, agreed on most!

Do you really think groutheus would perform better as libero than Schoot and Knip? Stam did it before and she was really good indeed but right now, Netherlands doesn't have many defensive OHs neither so losing Groutheus might not be ideal.

I think if qualifications will be done this year, again same 4 team would qualify. Germany, Netherlands and Belgium, all have a few very good players but also they have big holes in their starting 7. So unless they develop a few key players in their weak positions, i don't see them qualifying (setter&MB for Germany, OH&libero for Netherlands Belgium, setter&MB for Belgium)

I think Poland has all the necessary ingredients to be competitive for OG slot but their coach is terrible so i don't have high hopes from them unless they bring a good coach for next cycle.

I think Russia could be a powerhouse in next cycle if they can find a good Opp. Arina will be like European Zhu soon😍 if Malova will not retire, they will be the team to beat!:super:

Turkey will do fine, most players are young still. Eda might still be around as brttk mentioned. We have good prospects coming up in almost every position. Adding Vargas to the roster would make it even more powerful

• good analysis, agreed on most!

Do you really think groutheus would perform better as libero than Schoot and Knip? Stam did it before and she was really good indeed but right now, Netherlands doesn't have many defensive OHs neither so losing Groutheus might not be ideal.

Not sure about Schoot, but better than Knip IMO. I'm not sure if both Schoot and Grothues still will play volleyball in 2024.

Grothues will be 35 (almost 36) when Olympics will be played and she had a lot of injuries during her career, so I don't think she physically will be able to play as outside hitter than anymore. Libero is physically a less taxing position than outside hitter. So if Schoot is retired by than and Grothues will still play volleyball, I think she could help the team as libero!

• idk why you take akimova for granted

Remember any russian girl has been well developp and become and elite vlass player in last 10 years

(I don't count Arina as she's a unique talent tmore that a player prepared by russia)

Look voronkova that despite being good in this OG didn't become in a consolidated player yet

So let's see how russia develop their prospects and see is this russian level continues

• I don't know you guys but I think Eda might stick around till Paris. She already signed 3 years deal with Fenerbahçe and as long as she is healthy she might wanna be there.

If Eda can't make it to Paris24, we still have a few good prospects. Ofc they're not at Eda level yet. Also we are using our MB a lot bcz OH contribution isn't good, so we might see a change there as well. If we can have good OH we might not need both MB to be best scorers every match. (system changes)

I feel like I'm drunk texting, does it make sense? Lol

Eda needs to ask Gattaz where the Brazilian fountain of youth is. :call:

• Has there been any rumors of Lavarini coaching another NT next cycle?

Uhm who would it be? I don't see any top/medium level team changing coach or the ones able to pay him

• Uhm who would it be? I don't see any top/medium level team changing coach or the ones able to pay him

Pretty much all the top teams need a good coach like Lavarini: China, Japan, Dominican republic, Italy, Serbia, Russia and Poland.

Let's say any team except Brazil, USA and Turkey😂

• Pretty much all the top teams need a good coach like Lavarini: China, Japan, Dominican republic, Italy, Serbia, Russia and Poland.

Let's say any team except Brazil, USA and Turkey😂

Italy renew with mazzanti

poland renew with nawrocki and seems he's pretty stuck in there

Dom don't have money to pay him

I think busato might stay

China uhm i don't know if they gonna bring a foreign coach,they never had one,seems ang jiajie thay was in 2017 is the one after lang

Japan seems the more suitable for him