2024 Paris Olympic Games

• poland renew with nawrocki and seems he's pretty stuck in there

He is under contract until WCH.

However, there is a catch. He can't be national team and polish team coach at the same time and according to many rumors, he signed with Chemik.

That means Nawrocki will resign after Eurovolley or will get a permision to complete 'his mission' with national team in 2022.

(There is also possibility he will be so bad coaching Chemik, that he will be fired from club after few months)

• He is under contract until WCH.

However, there is a catch. He can't be national team and polish team coach at the same time and according to many rumors, he signed with Chemik.

That means Nawrocki will resign after Eurovolley or will get a permision to complete 'his mission' with national team in 2022.

(There is also possibility he will be so bad coaching Chemik, that he will be fired from club after few months)

Weird plan if anything but if that means he gets to do both :/

• Pretty much all the top teams need a good coach like Lavarini: China, Japan, Dominican republic, Italy, Serbia, Russia and Poland.

Let's say any team except Brazil, USA and Turkey😂

if Ze Roberto retires after Paris, I see Lavarini as their next coach

• Has there been any rumors of Lavarini coaching another NT next cycle?

Korean NT asked to extend his contract till 2022, he said he will return to Italy and discuss with his family before deciding

Italy renew with mazzanti

Is this confirmed? There was some news saying that the Italian team was considering Lavarini - which if offered I feel will be likely considering he gets to coach his own country/ stay there too.

• Santarelli should take over Italian NT. He is is the best coach in Seria A.

• He is is the best coach in Seria A.

• Korean NT asked to extend his contract till 2022, he said he will return to Italy and discuss with his family before deciding

Is this confirmed? There was some news saying that the Italian team was considering Lavarini - which if offered I feel will be likely considering he gets to coach his own country/ stay there too.

Yeah it was before the olympics,hewas confirmedwithnde giorgi in male NT a month or 2 ago

• Korean NT asked to extend his contract till 2022, he said he will return to Italy and discuss with his family before deciding

I think this is a common excuse that coaches use when leaving the team to lessen the disappointment of the fans. Not only Coaches but also normal people who say such words often give a negative response.

• Qualification format officially released: https://olympics.com/ioc/docum…/paris-2024-olympic-games

As suggested before in this thread, there will be 2 big stages of qualification besides the host quota places awarded to the french teams...

First, there will be 3 IQTs of 8 teams each. These IQTs will take place in September-October 2023.

The participating teams will be the top 24 teams of world ranking as of October 2022. The 3 chosen host nations (give FIVB $$$) will be seeded as #1 in each tournament independent of their world ranking. The rest of the teams will be separated by serpentine system into pots in order to make a draw to distribute them to each of the 3 IQTs.

The top 2 teams in each IQT will qualify to Paris 2024.

After the IQTs are done, the remaining 5 places for the olympics will simply be given to the best 5 ranked not-yet-qualified teams with one restriction: in case it's necesary, a place will be awarded to the best ranked team from a continent that has not yet qualified any nation, until every continent has one team qualified at least.

There won't be any continental qualification tournaments this time.

I guess all of this is great news for the european majority in this forum.

• I like the new system, however teams in the Top #5 won't have to play this tournament...

• Meh....

Using the top 3 rankings as hosts (which wont happen) pools right now would be

Pool A

USA

Italy

DR

Poland

Belgium

Thailand

Cameroon

Kenya

Pool B

Brazil

Serbia

Russia

Germany

Korea

Canada

Argentina

Ukraine

Pool C

China

Turkey

Japan

Netherlands

Colombia

Puerto Rico

Czech Republic

Mexico

Assuming top two teams qualify (USA, Italy, Brazil, Serbia, China, Turkey)

the remaining 5 teams would be Cameroon, DR, Russia, Japan, Netherlands)

This obviously helps the CEV. I think it will hurt the AVC the most. With the status's of Japan and Korea being relatively unknown.

• I think they will.

Given the cutoff date of after the VNL... a lot can shake up there. (ranking wise)

But if you know that you are #1 or #2, why would you even travel to another country?

• The tournaments being held in Setember/October is odd... aside from the continental tournaments, there'll be a big gap between the VNL and the qualis. I assume clubs will not be a fan of this...

• I think that with the ranking its pretty safe that the world Champion Will bê in Paris.

I likes this new format. VNL is a must right nów.

• The biggest loser with this system is obviously Colombia. Almost no chance to make an olympic debut now.

Even if they are good enough to beat Brazil in a single game the brazilian ranking will always be better and the chance of earning a top 2 finish in such tough tournaments is unlikely, to say the least.