2024 Paris Olympic Games

• I think if Russia will make it to Paris, Poland will probably be the only team who won't play them (in women's). And that will be an automatic win for Russia.

no guarantees that poland will make it to Paris.

Maybe italy will also not play? I don't expect Serbia, Turkey, Japan, or USA to not play.

• 3 countries left in the battle for OQTs: Brazil, Italy and Poland.

Unofficial info at Polish tt says that women's tournament in Poland is a done deal.

https://webvolei.com.br/brasil…e-olimpico/#goog_rewarded

In other breaking news, the water is wet...:lol:

• TBH what IOC says that athletes don’t choose passport is laughable. When a country starts a war it just has to accept all the consequences. It’s like saying you have no choice if you are born rich or poor. Actually you don’t but you have to live with it. And here it is the same. The Russians have just to live with it.

• TBH what IOC says that athletes don’t choose passport is laughable. When a country starts a war it just has to accept all the consequences. It’s like saying you have no choice if you are born rich or poor. Actually you don’t but you have to live with it. And here it is the same. The Russians have just to live with it.

There are many people who don't support Erdoğan and let's say one day this crazy guy would decide to invade Armenia or another neighbor country, I'm sure many players won't support it but they should be excluded from their dream tournament? I don't think so. Especially not while some other countries can get away from such exclusion despite of their invasions

• There are many people who don't support Erdoğan and let's say one day this crazy guy would decide to invade Armenia or another neighbor country, I'm sure many players won't support it but they should be excluded from their dream tournament? I don't think so. Especially not while some other countries can get away from such exclusion despite of their invasions

I feel like 7up is sarcastic...

• Polish person sarcastic about sanctions against Russia...

Good one. :D

Well, to be honest, from purely factual perspective, as much as it is understandable to exclude Russian teams from club competitions since there's direct link between Russian sport, its teams, and the government in terms of sponsorships and political circle active within both, it's very tricky in regard to Russian athletes (as long as they participate as ROC). I have no idea what to think about it. What I honestly know is that boycott ideas are useless, no one gives a f... about Polish sportsmen besides Lewandowski and Świątek, but we're so romantic as a nation, so who knows. Like what was changed by Moscow or LA Olympic Games? And it was like large-scale boycott from one side and then another.

To be honest, I am more concerned with Russian doping history regarding volleyball, it is so shady with Musersky or Butko cases, with a knowledge about institutionalized doping in other sports, you may wonder about a scale of it in vball.

• And how would you feel if people from Russian government was saying everyday that your country is next on their list?

Btw Janko, there is no need to be mean towards polish people and people in general. But if you feel better with insulting other nations, then good for you. Especially if we still talking about Olympic Qualification tournament in topic for OQT.

Can we go back to discussions about OQT?

As far as I know, Russia's main reason for attacking Ukraine is because it planned to join NATO (which NATO promised not to go near Russia's border); their issue with Donbass region etc; the American labs (which the american media said was conspiracy but turned out to be true). So i don't think Russia is interested in going for another country they know they can't win. Heck, they can't even win Ukraine. Even then, Russian athletes sure didn't go whisper in Putin's ears that going to war is a great idea.

Lots of NATO and USA simps here.

And yes, going back to OQT, hoping for Russian athletes to be included and I heard Brazil will host one qualifications? I'm not sure if that's true.

• I really don't understand why Russians can't compete in Olympics while Americans were a part of Athens Olympics.

I wanna see Fedorov/Arina type of, once in a generation, talents in Olympics. And they have not any involvement in what Putin does.

• The Women's teams:

Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Puerto Rico, Slovenia, Serbia, Thailand, Turkiye, Ukraine, USA

For some time they corrected the error in WR but now it is once again without match CRO vs BEL (3-1 win for CRO) from Challenger Cup. I think that Croatian federation should make a complaint to FIVB. Because of that they are out of the possibility of competing in qualification tournament.

• I thought that these tournaments will be in robin round system. But wiki says that there will be 2 pools, then semis (and finalists will actually have friendly game). Anyone heard about pools system?

Edit:

ok, I found answer in the official document - robin round system.

• I thought that these tournaments will be in robin round system. But wiki says that there will be 2 pools, then semis (and finalists will actually have friendly game). Anyone heard about pools system?

If it would be like this then there is no need for it to be so long. 16-24.09 means 9 days. In 2 pools formula they need 6 days only. It will be 7 matches per team and 2 days off.

• Men's qualies in Japan, Brazil, China

Women's qualies in Japan, Poland, China

Draw on 17 March.

Why a draw? Don't they use serpentine system for pools?

• they've always said it would be a draw, i assume to make it harder for individual teams to manipulate the rankings

World tanking is already too complicated, it would be really hard to manipulate rankings (losing against a certain team etc)🤷