2024 Paris Olympic Games

• Why a draw? Don't they use serpentine system for pools?

Well, as I understand official document, teams will be split into groups basing on the WR: 1-3 (SRB, ITA, BRA), 4-6 (USA, TUR, DOM), 7-9 (BEL, NED, GER) etc. and after host draw (A, B, C) to each group one team from 1-3, 4-6 etc. will be drawn.

• Well, as I understand official document, teams will be split into groups basing on the WR: 1-3 (SRB, ITA, BRA), 4-6 (USA, TUR, DOM), 7-9 (BEL, NED, GER) etc. and after host draw (A, B, C) to each group one team from 1-3, 4-6 etc. will be drawn.

It will be mix between serpentine and drawing of lots.

• This matter had been discussed at least 4 times since October, and i love it. Everytime is a new start

• I think 3 hosts will seeded #1-3 based on their WR. at the time of qualification.

As of women's Wr. 17 October 2022 will be

1A - China (5) 1B - Japan (6) and 1C - Poland (10)

But if FIVB use Wr. for 3 hosts from the time of the bidding release (20 September 2021) then I can't remember.

it's from Paris 2024 Volleyball Qualification System

• guys I was chosen to buy tickets to olympics but you could buy a pack of 3 games

Besides football and box 24€ the other sports are at least 100 euros and only for preliminary rounds

So i gonna wait until May to buy individual tickets

• so sad. So the Russians are really out. Poor Goncharova and Starseva. This would have been their last Olympics.

Can the Russians qualify by some other means? Or is this the only way they can go to Paris

• Can the Russians qualify by some other means? Or is this the only way they can go to Paris

World Ranking. FIVB didn't remove its 50 points, so there's a little chance (if someone is a believer :rolll:) .

• Here are the pots

Hosts: China, Japan, Poland

1. Serbia, Italy, Brazil

2. USA, Turkey, Dominican Rep.

3. Belgium, Netherlands, Germany

4. Canada, Thailand, Bulgaria

5. Puerto Rico, Colombia, Czech Republic

6. Mexico, Argentina, Korea

7. Ukraine, Slovenia, Peru

Who do you want your team to be drawn with?

• To avoid combination of China + USA/Turkey

Everything else is ok.

• Japan

Italy

Turkey (my team)

Belgium

Bulgaria

Colombia

Korea

Slovenia

1. Japan: CHN is obviously the strongest of 3 hosts. We have always nerve wrecking games against Poland and this season it seems like they fixed their long lasting OH problem. So Japan would be the best case
    2. Italy: Serbia is a blackbox with Guidetti, they could reach an insane shape like in WCh or fail. I think it would be easier to playa against Italy since almost every single player from starting 6 is out of shape. There might be even a chance that Egonu wouldn't play.
    3. Belgium: without herbots they are really mediocre, god knows which players would have problems with trainer till September 😅
    4. Bulgaria: With KVR in a great shape, Canada could be a dangerous team. Thais have beaten us in last WCh, Bulgaria is far from intimidating

Last 3 don't really matter, to be honest🙈

• For practical reasons: I want TUR to play in POL so my choice for TUR:

POL

TUR

SRB

GER

THA/CAN

COL

KOR

PER

• I personally want Italy and DR.

Italy seems a mess right now especially at outside and we generally have matched up well with DR.

would be nice to face one of the stronger teams (Serbia/USA) to see how we stack up but hopefully not both (that would be group of death)