2024 Paris Olympic Games

• With Markova, Arina, Kadochkina, Akimova, Fetisova, Lyashko, Ksenia Ilchenko, Goncharova and more, how do you think Russia would have fared in the Olympic Games this year in case they were allowed to compete?

Theoretically the most talent team by far and a serious contender for gold medal . Practically I think they would be mentally lacking in big games and could not perform at their best. Based on what we have seen in recent years Arina, Voronkova , Akimova , Antropova , Kuznetzova and some others they don't show that they are players who can perform under pressured conditions. Also the Russian team these last years before exclusion they always underperfoming as a team and very rarely performed to their potential. All this can not be a coincidence . Obviously as a country they are doing something very wrong in training their players

• Watching volleyball for the past 2 years just wasn't the same for me without Russia. I thought the team not making it to semis since 2008 was heartbreaking enough, but not being able to participate at all is just tragic, specially with the quality of players they have now. Right now, they can send 2 teams that can seriously challenge the contenders. Obviously not mature enough to beat Serbia, Turkey, and Italy but with enough experience, winning medals in the future isn't too far-fetched. Something they can't do with the ban, unfortunately.

• With Markova, Arina, Kadochkina, Akimova, Fetisova, Lyashko, Ksenia Ilchenko, Goncharova, Voronkova and more, how do you think Russia would have fared in the Olympic Games this year in case they were allowed to compete?

Gold medal contender definitely! Even serving power itself would be insane with this team:white:

I would have played with Markova and Arina as outsides and ilchenko as receiving Opp. I don't know who their setter would be. Kobzar?

• love that we are spending time talking about a country that the IOC could not could completely suspend due to the countries multiple drug suspensions, but still have the Olympic Athletes of Russia or whatever ridiculous term they want to come up with.

This team three years ago, had to win one match to win pool play against Turkey to face eventually the Dominican Republic in the quarters. Could not get it done against a lower ranked team. then face Serbia and get swept.

Calling this Russian team gold medal contenders, please.

Turkey are the favorites as their firepower is ridiculous if Karakurt is passing well as the opposite not opposite for them. Serbia with Boskic are the World Champs for a reason.

USA has depth but getting older, younger players probably not on Turkey’s level right now. Italy can ride Egonu to a point. Brazil is always loaded but Gabi can’t carry the load anymore.

Russia would be at best a bronze candidate in my mind, which is basically the same spot as they were pre-Tokyo.

• Their squad now is not the same as 3 years ago.

and their volleyball team did not have big doping issues yet. FIVB said themselves that they do testing outside of Russia.

They are for sure gold medal contenders.

• love that we are spending time talking about a country that the IOC could not could completely suspend due to the countries multiple drug suspensions, but still have the Olympic Athletes of Russia or whatever ridiculous term they want to come up with.

This team three years ago, had to win one match to win pool play against Turkey to face eventually the Dominican Republic in the quarters. Could not get it done against a lower ranked team. then face Serbia and get swept.

Calling this Russian team gold medal contenders, please.

Just because our point of view differs from yours doesn't we can't talk about them. It's not like we believe that Kenya can win gold. One of the reasons Russia failed to earn a medal since 2008 is because of poor coaching. Like what Rhaemon has already pointed out, the team is different now with lots of young good players and also, they now have good coach with Terzic who has an excellent track record. It's not too hard for people to imagine what this team can achieve if they were allowed to compete.

• Well now they have Sabrina Machado after her performance at the regional championships, as well as Ana Cristina, Julia (needs more confidence), Tainara (needs more playing time), Lorrayna, as well as promising future.

• tickets are available if you want to buy

I bought a lot for vb

It's the last chance to get a ticket

• I would buy but the tickets are for each match separately and we don't know the schedule... I don't want to buy tickets for a match that is not of my interest.

You can sell it on the platform as schedule won't be known untill end of June

If I have a game of Kenya I would sell it instantly or in men's side an african team as it's not entertaining

• Paying 200 euros for 1(!!!) match? No thanks.

I remember my WCH SF (both matches) ticket was like 35 euros with very good seat

200 euros? For final stages?

there were abordable prices this morning,maybe they took it all

But if you find it expensive just look at accomodation and transport

• 200 euros? For final stages?

there were abordable prices this morning,maybe they took it all

But if you find it expensive just look at accomodation and transport

Well it can be 85 euros per match but you probably need binoculars or something.

I'd rather watch on TV than sit at the top.

Don't get me wrong - the Olympic is great sporting event.

However I'd rather just go to Wimbledon for the vibe and watch tennis, which cost much less for me.

• Well it can be 85 euros per match but you probably need binoculars or something.

I'd rather watch on TV than sit at the top.

Don't get me wrong - the Olympic is great sporting event.

However I'd rather just go to Wimbledon for the vibe and watch tennis, which cost much less for me.

Yeah i get it

i profit about it as I'm parisian resident so accomodation and transport gonna be the same for me also OG is not affordable for anyone,I think it gonna be the only time at my live I could take part in

• tickets are available if you want to buy

I bought a lot for vb

It's the last chance to get a ticket

I've already got my tickets for finals💪 hope Turkish team will make it🙏

• I've already got my tickets for finals💪 hope Turkish team will make it🙏

How much it costed? They are already available? Thanks

• How much it costed? They are already available? Thanks

It was 420 euros, I've purchased it long time ago. I think it was last year in August