2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Yeah.. I don't fully understand the new formula. Teams will be split into 2 group of 8 teams and every team will play 12 games. 12 not 14? That's weird.

instead on traveling every week all over the globe, there will be three weeks of play. Enabling travel to far destinations without the ridiculous constraints. 47 hours to Argentina from China to play the following week?

Splitting into 8 team groups is fine. You’ll play 4 matches each week of play. So you’ll play everyone one and five teams twice. Gives a league feel and then top 4 in pool each make the finals. I would prefer a pool play for the finals but straight into quarterfinals puts the pressure on immediately, which is good, but traveling to the finals and losing in the first round would suck.

• For this time the VNL gonna have again a new format

Now times gonna be divided into 2 group of 8 and gonna play 12 games in 3 weeks and best 4 gonna advance to next fase with quarter finals,semi finals and final

I like the olympic playoffs format but only 12 games by I didn't understand 1 phase format,only 12 games,maybe some teams gonna have easier path

https://www.federvolley.it/node/118918

• For this time the VNL gonna have again a new format

Now times gonna be divided into 2 group of 8 and gonna play 12 games in 3 weeks and best 4 gonna advance to next fase with quarter finals,semi finals and final

I like the olympic playoffs format but only 12 games by I didn't understand 1 phase format,only 12 games,maybe some teams gonna have easier path

https://www.federvolley.it/node/118918

the reason for the 12 games is that the VNL only takes four weekends of play not including the break weeks. Teams complaining about long travel (or problems in travel) and little practice. Plus not all teams host previously. Now in theory (looking at you China), all teams can host a week at home and travel challenges is lightened.

• Many countries are going to host in 2022. If players have shots, and fans have shots, there should not be a problem hosting in many countries.

No, there will be 2 pools with 8 team each.

Then best 4 from each group will play quarters-semis-finals as like at the Olympics.

As far as I understand Turkey will host one group.

• No, there will be 2 pools with 8 team each.

Then best 4 from each group will play quarters-semis-finals as like at the Olympics.

As far as I understand Turkey will host one group.

Yes, there will be two pools, but there will be multiple weeks of matches. Turkey will probably host one weekend, but not all weekends. Only China or Japan would probably be able to do that financially.

you are going to have 3 weeks and 2 pools each week (with a travel week in between). There will be at most 6 hosts, before the finals, which will be in one city.

• Yes, there will be two pools, but there will be multiple weeks of matches. Turkey will probably host one weekend, but not all weekends. Only China or Japan would probably be able to do that financially.

you are going to have 3 weeks and 2 pools each week (with a travel week in between). There will be at most 6 hosts, before the finals, which will be in one city.

Doubt China can with all the covid restrictions... at least not before the Asian Games which clashes with the world championships.

• Hmmm. I was hoping USAV would flex its muscle and bring the VNL back here. The Illinois/Chicago connection for a lot of the NT players would have been nice to see as a selling point like they used to do for the Nebraska audience. Also the residuals from winning the first OG gold for the womens program should be enough to get people hype for it this summer. Oh well.

• It was reported before that the VNL in the Philippines would be for the Men's and there will be 8 teams. I assume in the 4 countries revealed (Philippines, Japan, Turkey, Brazil), two countries are for Mens and two for Womens? Or possibly that they are all Mens (or Womens) then different weeks?

Based on the bidding document released before, the initial bidding is only for the elimination round. Maybe USA can host the Finals Stages?

• very strange to be in the philippines since they don't have a team in the VNL.

They used to host Grand Prix in several occasions back in the 90s. They are crazy about volleyball over there. The atmosphere in the gym will surely be amazing.