2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Friendlies are basically near non-existent in the sport because of the lack of time between club and national team seasons.

Let alone coaches are going to test rosters out in a match on a set by set basis.

I have seen the USA men play twice in Portland for exhibitions.

USA women played Japan and Brazil in exhibitions before World Cups or VNL seasons in the past. We are talking two matches at the most, non-scrimmage.

DR played Okayama Seagulls in Tokyo run up last year.

• Friendlies are basically near non-existent in the sport because of the lack of time between club and national team seasons.

Let alone coaches are going to test rosters out in a match on a set by set basis.

I have seen the USA men play twice in Portland for exhibitions.

USA women played Japan and Brazil in exhibitions before World Cups or VNL seasons in the past. We are talking two matches at the most, non-scrimmage.

DR played Okayama Seagulls in Tokyo run up last year.

I feel sad that most of people only think of top teams.

Finland national team is lack of time? Chile national team plays too many matches? Players from Vietnam and Phillipines complain about too?

• The last format of World League and Gran Prix seems a good solution. Some adaptations in the new Challenger Cup could bê given more mtches tô low ranked teams. The confederations could have done some kind of Golden League as Europe hás been doing.

• I disagree with giving ranking points to friendlies. Those are the only options to test the young players in an international setting. Considering the importance of ranking points, no team would dare to send a B team or youngsters in big tournaments like VNL or Each anymore. So friendly games would be the only option.

Small teams would have chance to play many games in Europe during Euro league. They are open to even smallest countries in the silver league. If there's such a demand, NORCECA or AVC can organize such tournaments for teams who can't play VNL.

• I disagree with giving ranking points to friendlies. Those are the only options to test the young players in an international setting. Considering the importance of ranking points, no team would dare to send a B team or youngsters in big tournaments like VNL or Each anymore. So friendly games would be the only option.

Small teams would have chance to play many games in Europe during Euro league. They are open to even smallest countries in the silver league. If there's such a demand, NORCECA or AVC can organize such tournaments for teams who can't play VNL.

Vietnam is not gonna to send a B team to test young players. Stop talking about Top Teams, they don't have time to play other international matches.

Europe is a small continent with lots of countries. Imagine you're in Asia, Saudi needs to fly over 8 hours to Indonisia/Malaysia/Singapore to play Asian version of Goldern or Silver Leauge. And Indonisia/Malaysia/Singapore take also 8 hours flight to middle east to play. Please stop thinking in European mindset.

The last format of World League and Gran Prix seems a good solution.

It's not. Lots of countries/associations struggle to pay the adminstration/entry fee to FIVB. FIVB owns the patent rights of All FIVB events. Lots of revenues go to FIVB like: cerntain amout of ticket sales, TV rights, advertising on the courts. I really don't want FIVB involve in lower ranking teams competition.

• Vietnam is not gonna to send a B team to test young players. Stop talking about Top Teams, they don't have time to play other international matches.

Europe is a small continent with lots of countries. Imagine you're in Asia, Saudi needs to fly over 8 hours to Indonisia/Malaysia/Singapore to play Asian version of Goldern or Silver Leauge. And Indonisia/Malaysia/Singapore take also 8 hours flight to middle east to play. Please stop thinking in European mindset.

It's not. Lots of countries/associations struggle to pay the adminstration/entry fee to FIVB. FIVB owns the patent rights of All FIVB events. Lots of revenues go to FIVB like: cerntain amout of ticket sales, TV rights, advertising on the courts. I really don't want FIVB involve in lower ranking teams competition.

They will need to travel same distance for friendly games as well🤦

It is all about how much they want to invest. No investment, no success, no points. Asia already has 4 teams in VNL. The rest just need to build their way up throughout continental championships of qualification tournaments for OG, WCH, and VNL

• They will need to travel same distance for friendly games as well🤦

You do realize Golden/Silver League is home-away system. You need to travel to a lot.

I make a very simple example. Group A include Singapore, Mongolia, Iran, Cambodia. Do you know how much miles a team need to travel to complete a home-away system league? This is only Group stage. Compared to a Group in Europe: Estonia, Spain, Belgium and Israel.:aww:

It is all about how much they want to invest. No investment, no success, no points.

Of course it needs investments. So you think only Europeans have money to invest in sports? Asians are so poor and can't make their own profitable tournaments.

Asia already has 4 teams in VNL. The rest just need to build their way up throughout continental championships of qualification tournaments for OG, WCH, and VNL

Nothing to do with how many Asian teams in VNL and how many European teams in VNL. I don't know why you complain about 4 Asians teams in VNL?

Encouraging event profitable, national-wide impact friendly-match tourament to reward world ranking points is good for volleyball. Denmark can host one, Finland can host one, Chile can host one. Vietnam also can host one. it's free to host a tournament as long as you find investments.

If you want to play with B team without losing ranking points, just don't host a friendly-match tourament that gains ranking points. I am not advocating ALL friendly-match touraments need to be rewarded with world ranking points.

But if some countries especially some lower ranking countries really want to make A different and work hard to promote their own national teams and volleyball, they should be rewarded with world ranking points while they host a sucessful volleyball event. Of course, they need to win as well.

• we already know Serbia is (sorry anything without boskovic isnt an A team)

USA plans on experimenting in Week 1 (Plummer/Bajema reception duo... lets go! lol)

Come on, they are full roster only without Boskovic and Maja but you can't expect a 40-years old lady to play in VNL anyways.

Experimenting is different than sending a B team. USA OH lineup is up for grabs so there's not really a solid starting line up there.

Only one who might send B team to VNL is China just because it is china😂 that would be suicide for them though, considering the flop in Tokyo

The squad of the Italian national team at the VNL

• Rare he didn't call de bortoli,she deserves

He likes to call players from A2 i tough maybe gardini had a chance

And weird seeing battistoni there,the girl is bench and average,I would prefer invest in other player like monza or another

Also folie out of picture

• I am surprised there are no Folie:what:

• maybe folie is because she's injury prone and mazzanti don't want to take the risk again

Also parrochiale is out,weird

• I thought he would invite Mingardi and here I am surprised🤷‍♀️

• So many discussions in so many topics, it's hard to follow.

I am surprised there are no Folie:what:

I am not if that's decision of Mazzanti and not some never-ending health problems of Folie: she's 31, Olympics are in two years from now, she won't get better, she's not too credible as a member of NT considering how it went a year ago, and she's not good enough to get special treatment like she did in Tokyo (what was an absurd).

The lack of Mingardi is weird though, she wasn't too good with NT to this point, but she was career-best this season, but maybe there's something we don't know.

Parrocchiale, it seems, is not good enough to be an alternative for De Gennaro and not young enough to be her successor.

That would be my interpretation, but I don't know. It was more stat-tracking than watching anything, but I wish Gardini would get a chance considering names among OHs that are there.

• mingardi flops in NT So it's normal not to consider her is italy is taking vnl serious this year