2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Italy taking this year's VNL seriously :box:

Well I mean the World Champs are not that much farther past it. This is the trial run for that roster.

They lost in the World Champ final in 2018, had a down Olympics last year. Expectations are high for the Italian women with Egonu and de Gennaro. Italy fell in love with the team in 2018, but still with a strong Serbia, Brazil, Turkey and USA, they have to be at their best to win the World Champ title.

• What is this Folie hate train? If somebody doesn’t deserve to be called to the NT time and again it’s Chirichella

I don't know about hate train, but she's over 30, in the last 5 years or so she has been more injured than healthy and mb is the position with the most good options for Italy, so even if she's very good when healthy it makes complete sense to let her out for the future

• I don't know about hate train, but she's over 30, in the last 5 years or so she has been more injured than healthy and mb is the position with the most good options for Italy, so even if she's very good when healthy it makes complete sense to let her out for the future

I agree.. there’s no need for her to play the VNL.. but she should be considered for the WCH and Olympics.. if she’s playing as good as she is of course..

• Bulgaria's wide roster according to Chinese media. Couldn't find an official announcement so I had to translate it from Chinese, but please correct if wrong.

S: Kitipova, Barakova, Shahpazova, Neykova, Slavcheva

OPP: Zasheva, Malinova, Krasteva, Dudova

OH: Vasileva, Yaneva, G. Dimitrova, Paskova, Milanova, Rachkovska, Yordanova, R. Vasileva

MB: Vuchkova, M. Todorova, N. Dimitrova, Saykova, Usheva, Krivoshiyska

L: Z. Todorova, Karabasheva

• S: Neykova, Kitipova, Barakova, Slavcheva, Shahpazova

OH: G Dimitrova, Yaneva, Yordanova, Paskova, E Vasileva, Chauseva, R Vasileva, Milanova, Rachkovska

Opp: Marinova, Dudova, Krasteva, Zasheva

MB: N Dimitrova, M Todorova, Vuchkova, Usheva, Saykova, Krivoshiiska

L: Karabasheva, Z Torodova

https://bvf.bg/news/item/7359-…natzionalniya-za-vnl.html

Here you go bumpsetspike ;)

• hm. I thought Emiliya was with them last summer.

would be a huge miss for Bulgaria to not have her

Yeah tbh they all had issues but kept coming back eventually, I guess it's not related to it. She might have just retired as you said, if there are Bulgarian members that could help us out that'd be nice.

• hm. I thought Emiliya was with them last summer.

would be a huge miss for Bulgaria to not have her

I thought so too, but I think it was the Euro Championships or something

No listing for NT ... if you can trust volleybox

[edit] wait, what's the "European Golden League"?

• Thank you! :heart:

• I thought so too, but I think it was the Euro Championships or something

No listing for NT ... if you can trust volleybox

[edit] wait, what's the "European Golden League"?

this is a side note... but i find it really annoying on volleybox how you can't view rosters for national teams on their page. i dont want to go to each tournament to see if its there.

ok rant over lol

• this is a side note... but i find it really annoying on volleybox how you can't view rosters for national teams on their page. i dont want to go to each tournament to see if its there.

ok rant over lol

That's been batted around endlessly, and honestly I forget where it ended up. But one of the issues is/was, for example, different NT rosters appear at different tournaments for the year, and if the wide roster were populated for all the NT tournaments that year some players would get "points" (or something) for a tournament they didn't play in. (that issue way impacts club teams -- like swp listed as playing in the current Kurowashiki Tournament)

I've begged for something like an "Info" TAB that would hold only pertinent data about a tournament or team because I used to create a "Timeline" Item with the full wide rosters when they are announced only to see it drowned in a sea of youtube videos :wall:

</rant>

• Yep, That's the roster according to bulgarian media. I was thinking to upload the lineup and i before that i wanted to check why isn't Emiliya in the roster but bumpsetspike was faster than me. So probably Emiliya asked for some break this summer, but for sure she was not withdraw from the team. The strange for me is why Micelli wasn't try to call Dobriana Rabadzhieva.

• Yep, That's the roster according to bulgarian media. I was thinking to upload the lineup and i before that i wanted to check why isn't Emiliya in the roster but bumpsetspike was faster than me. So probably Emiliya asked for some break this summer, but for sure she was not withdraw from the team. The strange for me is why Micelli wasn't try to call Dobriana Rabadzhieva.

Is she still injured? She had to leave Roma because of some injury.