2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Any guesses who will be the rising stars in this VNL?

if giovanni give a chance. Derya might be one of themDerya Cebecioğlu - Türkiye Voleybol Federasyonu | TVF

• Brazil did way better than expected in Tokyo. Ritght nów i think that the pool of players in starting in 2022 até way better and Younger that the pool of players back in 2017 when Brazil won Gran Prix.

Ana Cristina / Gabi is a great duo.

Opp até not ready ter but there os good prospects.

The líberos aré good prospects

The MB aré good prospects

Setter aré the solid position from Brazil

• Any guesses who will be the rising stars in this VNL?

Martyna Czyrnianska. She had a really good moments at Chemik Police this season. Polish team under Lavarini will be much stronger with better chemistry for sure. Czyrnianska should be a starter at VNL for me. Or just give her a chance as a starter.

• Also there won’t be side change after set and one “innovation”: there will be a special clock for a referee counting time for a player to go to service line (after the last whistle). Hopefully I described it clearly 😅 idk how many secs will be for a player to stand behind 9m line.

• Also there won’t be side change after set and one “innovation”: there will be a special clock for a referee counting time for a player to go to service line (after the last whistle). Hopefully I described it clearly 😅 idk how many secs will be for a player to stand behind 9m line.

it is probably a TV with a count down clock. I saw it at the world champs in 2018 for serving (8 seconds after blowing the whistle).

• China traveling with 16 players to Turkey.

S: Ding Xia, Diao Linyu, Cai Yaqian

OPP: Gong Xiangyu, Miao Yiwen

OH: Li Yingying, Wang Yunlu, Jin Ye, Wang Yizhu

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Wang Yuanyuan, Zheng Yixin, Gao Yi, Yang Hanyu

L: Wang Weiyi, Ni Feifan

• Japan's 17 for week 1

Setter:

• Tamaki Matsui
    • Haruka Miyashita
    • Nanami Seki

Middle Blocker:

• Haruyo Shimamura
    • Nichika Yamada
    • Mami Yokota
    • Arina Ogawa

Wings:

• Sarina Koga * Captain
    • Mami Uchiseto
    • Mayu Ishikawa
    • Arisa Inoue
    • Fuyumi Hawi Okumu Oba
    • Kotona Hayashi
    • Ameze Miyabe
    • Yoshino Sato

Libero:

• Akane Yamagishi
    • Manami Kojima
  • Finally there is a setter who can set Japanese style in the elite level. I remember Miyashita's 2014 WGP games, I was super impressed. She was also one of the best players in Rio for team Japan. Such a shame she wasn't part of the team last quad.

• Finally there is a setter who can set Japanese style in the elite level. I remember Miyashita's 2014 WGP games, I was super impressed. She was also one of the best players in Rio for team Japan. Such a shame she wasn't part of the team last quad.

Ironically Miyashita's downfall was during Rio. She developed anxiety by 2017 and became a complete mess in 2018-2019. 2019 was the rise of Miya Sato who imo was so much better than her.

• What Japan was missing last quad was "adaptation". How players perform in local league doesn't mean anything, there are no 175 cm middles, 160 cm setters, 172 cm opposites as opponents in the other teams. If Japan keeps being conservative, it will be like Tokyo again. They have te take some risks. I can't believe someone can prefer Sato to Miyashita.

• Miyashita had excellent defense. She was swift and would relentlessly chase after the ball more than their libero at times. But the reason her tosses looked toptier was mostly thanks to spikers like Saori Kimura, Sakoda and Nagaoka. Ebata was my favorite player from London but she was already in and out of injuries by that time. I saw them live when they came to the Philippines once. The spikers made her shine and not the other way around. There was good chemistry of course unlike what I've seen with Japan since Kimura retired. Setters like Tashiro and Tominaga could not match that chemistry. Their last setter during Tokyo had absolutely no connection with their opposite. Shimamura made a better opposite than Kurogo. It was painful to watch.

• I have no words.

• Opposite are good prospects too especially Kisy Nascimento and Lorrayna