2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• so i was looking for more stuff to complain about Shreveport....

and I came across FIVB wants 1.8 million USD for the finals hosts for VNL next year.... YIKES

Hence why China is always an option.....Plus you get a bye in the regular round (play hard, but know you get a spot)....

• Hence why China is always an option.....Plus you get a bye in the regular round (play hard, but know you get a spot)....

Can they play in the Middle East? Like in Dubai or in Qatar? 1.8M USD is just a small amount to them. And it will be a different location to us.

• USA is in Shreveport now.

Brazil is playing Japan again

Don't care about the BRA-JAP results, the important thing is Brazil is preparing for Paris 2024 - kinda like what they did in 2005 when Shiella, Jaqueline, Mari, Paula, Fabiana and Thaisa all made into the NT. It's okay if they don't get included in the podium this year's VNL. They really have a young team. Youngest is 18 and oldest is 34 (Pri) or 33 (Roberta) if Pri Daroit is just a replacement for Gabi this few games.

• With the current VNL, OLYMPIC and WCH methods, we will never see Cyprus' Zackaiou, Trinidad's Kisarjak or, as it stands, Sweden's Isabel Haak. Also, where is the need to wait two years for Vargas, who is now in season?

Also, in Poland a few years ago, several players accused their coach of harassment, and Belgium changed coaches in similar circumstances, so why not stick to the Nation, or come together under an extended "Nation"? In an open VNL organised by teams, teams that are disliked by the players are naturally weakened.

For example, you could have a team that supports this forum, or you could have a team of staff and players who share a fascinating new tactic, or you could have a team sucked in by the world's stupidest volleyball meme and become a historic team that will last for 100 years. (Whatever, the players and fans who hold those tokens could be worth a hell of a lot more.)

The new ranking system decided by the FIVB old man who doesn't know any better, and no one here is committed to it, but it's a self-imposed algorithm that we have to follow. It will eventually become more of a system where players, coaches, staff and fans can commit according to their involvement. Or rather, it is already technically possible.

??

Small countries don’t have the resources to compete on this stage. Add in rankings are becoming ever so more important, that’s just going to shun the smaller nations even more.

CEV will have a massive advantage in the long term… but DAOs would defeat the purpose of international competition. Just extend the club season then

• With the current VNL, OLYMPIC and WCH methods, we will never see Cyprus' Zackaiou, Trinidad's Kisarjak or, as it stands, Sweden's Isabel Haak. Also, where is the need to wait two years for Vargas, who is now in season?

Also, in Poland a few years ago, several players accused their coach of harassment, and Belgium changed coaches in similar circumstances, so why not stick to the Nation, or come together under an extended "Nation"? In an open VNL organised by teams, teams that are disliked by the players are naturally weakened.

For example, you could have a team that supports this forum, or you could have a team of staff and players who share a fascinating new tactic, or you could have a team sucked in by the world's stupidest volleyball meme and become a historic team that will last for 100 years. (Whatever, the players and fans who hold those tokens could be worth a hell of a lot more.)

The new ranking system decided by the FIVB old man who doesn't know any better, and no one here is committed to it, but it's a self-imposed algorithm that we have to follow. It will eventually become more of a system where players, coaches, staff and fans can commit according to their involvement. Or rather, it is already technically possible.

I mean.... the whole system is based on international play....the others are more than welcome to elevate their national team... look at Haak. Some athletes are going to be better than their fellow countrymen because thats just sports. There's plenty of sports (that arent volleyball) that are dominated by a few nations and so on...

Vargas needs to wait two years because she's not Turkish (origin)... if you remove that... what's stopping any player who wants to join a different national team from doing so? It's basically club volleyball at that point.

Would you prefer the old ranking system? The one where argentina was ahead of turkey? Cuba ahead of Poland?

• Volleyball is not a war between nations. It is a hobby and a pleasure. That's why a system like the DAO fits in.

But this is more of an ideological debate than a technical one, so I won't go too deep into that. It's just a feeling that if you think it's the right algorithm, you should have the right to agree with it, and a rebellious desire not to be ruled by some crazy dictator.

I mean.... the whole system is based on international play....the others are more than welcome to elevate their national team... look at Haak. Some athletes are going to be better than their fellow countrymen because thats just sports. There's plenty of sports (that arent volleyball) that are dominated by a few nations and so on...

Vargas needs to wait two years because she's not Turkish (origin)... if you remove that... what's stopping any player who wants to join a different national team from doing so? It's basically club volleyball at that point.

Would you prefer the old ranking system? The one where argentina was ahead of turkey? Cuba ahead of Poland?

• Volleyball is not a war between nations. It is a hobby and a pleasure. That's why a system like the DAO fits in.

But this is more of an ideological debate than a technical one, so I won't go too deep into that. It's just a feeling that if you think it's the right algorithm, you should have the right to agree with it, and a rebellious desire not to be ruled by some crazy dictator.

DAO doesn't fit into international sports. It's fundamentally the opposite (this can be discussed in a different thread).

I think the rankings is a relevant conversation though.... do I think the algorithm is perfect? No... USA should be getting more points for beating Brazil in the OG than they lose points for losing to Canada in the NORCECAs in a meaningless match.

However, this system is much fairer than the old one. Confederation quotas for events do not have as big of an impact. Those teams still have to play the event... they dont get "free" point for being in it like they did in the old system. Teams that dont qualify for the event, aren't punished as they were in the old one.

• I never realized how tall Ana Cristina is

Brazil has tied it 2-2 with Japan on an ace from AC

She is playing as Opp. Dont like this!

• Japan won 3–2, and I know it doesn't mean anything for Brazil in the big picture, but for us lowly Japan enthusiasts, even if BRA operated Full Serbia, it offers a glimmer of hope in the face of monumental darkness

Giddy up !

• They have recently signed a new marketing partner.

VNL has not been successful so far. This is due, above all, to the fact that it has few customers. Week.

before Corona, the Turkish National Team played in front of only 2000 people in Ankara (a few hundred for matches without a Turkish team). It looks shabby. It is also spoiled as a picture of delivery.

First of all, we expect the FIVB to attract customers.

http://www.fivb.org/vis2009/getdocument.asmx?no=256207800

• I never realized how tall Ana Cristina is

Brazil has tied it 2-2 with Japan on an ace from AC

She's 193. These Brazil newbies are all tall

• They have recently signed a new marketing partner.

VNL has not been successful so far. This is due, above all, to the fact that it has few customers. Week.

before Corona, the Turkish National Team played in front of only 2000 people in Ankara (a few hundred for matches without a Turkish team). It looks shabby. It is also spoiled as a picture of delivery.

First of all, we expect the FIVB to attract customers.

http://www.fivb.org/vis2009/getdocument.asmx?no=256207800

Bring VNL to SEA just like WGP in the early days, especially in Thailand, Japan and The Philippine. They draw large crowds especially in Manila.