2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• This Chinese team lacks morale, hard hits and guidance 😂 No one is bringing the team up a la Zhu Ting (YXY hasn’t really grown into the captain role imho), attacks are BARREN from 4 if LYY is in the back row, Yuan’s attacks are lackluster, libero is mediocre at best…….. what is the coaching staff doing???????

• This Chinese team lacks morale, hard hits and guidance 😂 No one is bringing the team up a la Zhu Ting (YXY hasn’t really grown into the captain role imho), attacks are BARREN from 4 if LYY is in the back row, Yuan’s attacks are lackluster, libero is mediocre at best…….. what is the coaching staff doing???????

i’d like to dispute the YXY slander. Her leadership was palpable in the game. She even lead the cheers to which the crowd followed.

• expectations for Ebrar need to be dialed back.

She's never been consistent and is overrated (to the level of having certain expectations, akin to someone like Boskovic) by fans.

I don't have any comment on how good Ebrar is. I just think she got along well with Guidetti based on her VB seasons

• Whoever is complaining about Ebrar can trade her with Rosamaria8o

• i’d like to dispute the YXY slander. Her leadership was palpable in the game. She even lead the cheers to which the crowd followed.

one cheer does not a captain make

I was right next to her and followed the cheers too, but she needed to bring the morale of the team up while she was ON COURT. You could see how some of the players were demoralized after losing so many points/making repeated errors, and I think she didn’t help refocus them… of course it’s early days since this is what, her 7th game as captain? But I had hoped to see a bit more leadership from her!

• Giovanni is well known with his block-defense system. Look at Vakifbank, that is simply their core activity on the court. So I assume blocking skills is number 1 priority for him and seeing his only opposite failing in that or not delivering to the quality he expects from her, probably makes him mad. I don't think he is crazy or blind enough to expect Ebrar to hit tempo sets or not fall on the ground after every hit lol.

Some trainers are like that, they are obsessed with one-two elements of volleyball. For Giovanni, it is blocking, for some others it is serving etc. That also might explain his other choices in the squad which I don't necessarily agree.

• watched the game live, happy to hear Chinese crowd cheering so loudly, they can replicate their MBs scream in every corner of araneta :lol:.

Also, they should change the venue announcer, he looks so fucking bored and doesn't even show interest watching the game. Sometimes he'll call the name of the server, super spike, monster block, or ace whenever he wants no consistency or whatsoever lol.

• 2 ace serves for Daroit!

• Why is Julia B not starting again