2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• I will risk saying that Japanese women are one of the main favorites to win VNL, I really like their playing.

The fans in Türkiye are the 7th or even the 8th player for our team, so I hope that our girls will bear it :cup:

• how did Turkey even lost one set against Korea? USA will run them over.

Out of nowhere but if it's an actual question

It could be nerves, first time playing against Korea since Olympics. They probably afraid to lost again and reaction from fans.

It could be Cesar and staff. You know they are part of Vakıfbank staff and they know the girls and Gui very well.

Tuğba and Derya started that match and it was their first week and reception wasn't good. Tuğba was just bad.

If it wasn't an actual question, you can ignore this post

• KYK's ghost haunted them :lol:

• Japan will not miss serves, however Japan will hit into blocks and Japan will not stop others spiking, digging yes, but blocking an absolute no.

Japan basically is forcing you to miss for them to succeed. Japan can easily make their own mistakes in spiking.

This year, Japan is doing a really good job of getting players in spots to succeed. Fewer mistakes by them has made them really successful. Still put them against a bigger block, their hitting numbers will come down.

Japan will not face Brazil or Italy, which would be a good way to see how they would do against a bigger team. Japan have only went 5 once, and still have the highest point differential out of all teams 142, USA being second at 104. Taking out the set win minimum points, 142-(48-8)=102/28 sets, Japan is 3.64 points a set better than their opponents. USA would be 104-(42-8)=70/25, 2.80 points a set better than their opponents.

Right now these are the two best teams.

Turkey will finish in the top 8 with two wins over Canada and Netherlands. Poland and Thailand would likely get two wins as well, so either losing twice would get Turkey into the top 8. Turkey is already ahead on wins and points over both of them.

• #10 of Japan has a nice high swing (she can hit over blocks sometimes). I'm worried about Kojima's reception against teams with excellent serving.

• Still put them against a bigger block, their hitting numbers will come down

That's what I've been saying, too

Manabe and Koga are stressing mental toughness at this stage of the game. Execute execute execute. Don't hesitate, don't pout, don't be wimpy. We've already seen what happened to a couple good players . Uchiseto isn't playing that well but she's still playing. Because.

I've haven't seen the campfires from this squad the last iteration used to enjoy setting. I'm grateful for that

Japan needs to get better as this tournament goes along. I think it's possible they will

• I don't know, but I really think that Japan has leveled up their game this season. They can now spike over the block which was something they can't do on the previous years. I have also seen this on the men's game. Perhaps, this is something that they have worked hard and practiced with over time. I have high hopes this week 3!

• I would love to see Japan win the tournament as well if they can keep it up, they have leveled up so much since Tokyo :box: Of course first I hope Turkiye to win and want to see that Ankara crowd in the finals like many other Turks.

No USA sorry, I like seeing winners rotate :win: I wouldn't feel bad about China or Serbia winning either and reclaim some Rio glory, Thailand winning would make me move to Thailand :lol: amazing scenario. Let's see whoever will make the finals, it's still out in the open, may the best team win !

• I would love to see Japan win the tournament as well if they can keep it up, they have leveled up so much since Tokyo :box: Of course first I hope Turkiye to win and want to see that Ankara crowd in the finals like many other Turks.

No USA sorry, I like seeing winners rotate :win: I wouldn't feel bad about China or Serbia winning either and reclaim some Rio glory, Thailand winning would make me move to Thailand :lol: amazing scenario. Let's see whoever will make the finals, it's still out in the open, may the best team win !

someone needs to break USA's winning streak for sure. no excitement in the same team winning all the time

• are you unable to see twitter? i think sitenoise has that problem too due to adblock

China: (maybe still unofficial)

S - Diao Lin-yu, Cai Ya-qian

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Chen Pei-yan

OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yun-lu, Wang Yi-zhu, Miao Yi-wen

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Gao Yi

L - Wang Wei-yi, Ni Fei-fan

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan