2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• A (final?) remark regarding German team: this is really adequate to the general bad state of volleyball in Germany, with a total incapable national federation, featuring only one strong part: the first womens league (VBL), which is using many foreigners, which may mislead in this regard, and the men's team of Berlin. Everything else you can forget for now.

• A (final?) remark regarding German team: this is really adequate to the general bad state of volleyball in Germany, with a total incapable national federation, featuring only one strong part: the first womens league (VBL), which is using many foreigners, which may mislead in this regard, and the men's team of Berlin. Everything else you can forget for now.

Is there any chatter about the coach? I understand he has a reputation, but it seems to me he's not motivating the players. They appear ... I don't know how to describe it ... disconnected? The team used to have some vibes, which translates to defense. That's missing now. Maybe it was just this match of today, tho

• Is there any chatter about the coach? I understand he has a reputation, but it seems to me he's not motivating the players. They appear ... I don't know how to describe it ... disconnected? The team used to have some vibes, which translates to defense. That's missing now. Maybe it was just this match of today, tho

Remember, that this is the first time Heynen is coaching a women's team - maybe most German players need more guidance? That Ortmann, Weitzel and Alsmeier score the most may have also to do with them needing the least of it from the head coach?

• I'm stalking this Canada libero now :rose: She's decent/pretty good at quick reactions and floor D, but can't receive serve with confidence

she's very young, plays as an OH in university and has been thrown into the highest levels in a new position. she has nice potential and will grow in serve receive, and is already a good second-ball setter

OFF TOPIC

I have to admit that i watched quite a bit of German Men's Bundesliga during last season (maybe even more than any other league). It might not be the highest elite level of play but i really enjoyed their livestreams on Twitch. I often thought how nice it would be to have the same concept for other leagues (as someone who stubbornly resists paid subscriptions).:)

OFF TOPIC

• would it show up as an "opponent error"? or is that just a tally of "faults"

Actually avid had just explained that faults thing to me - I just assumed I was responding to him reminding me, but thanks for the double down :drink:

opponent faults would be spiking errors (hit out/touch net on your spike), service errors, setting errors (double contact), 4 hits, penalties (red cards) and balls played out (free balls)

• OFF TOPIC

I have to admit that i watched quite a bit of German Men's Bundesliga during last season (maybe even more than any other league). It might not be the highest elite level of play but i really enjoyed their livestreams on Twitch. I often thought how nice it would be to have the same concept for other leagues (as someone who stubbornly resists paid subscriptions).:)

OFF TOPIC

Overall the level of men's league is nowhere near of that of women's league meanwhile in Germany. But let's close this off-topic now.