2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• No I don't think she is in attendance. Someone mentioned she may be injured

I wanted to see more of her whenever Korea was playing, thanks for reminding us 100x actually as my brain was totally offline. Twins who? Jeong Ji-Yun is coming! She had an interesting ability to hit between 2 blockers from what I remember.

• Huge disappointment btw, I didn't expect her to carry of course and she isn't a young player but this performance is way below expectations after the OGs.

😂😂😂 yeah this is one of her worst yet, I'm not sure why either

She came in really clutch during Olympics esp against Turkey, and isn't this horrible even in v-league

Really lacks leadership skills is what I feel

• 😂😂😂 yeah this is one of her worst yet, I'm not sure why either

She came in really clutch during Olympics esp against Turkey, and isn't this horrible even in v-league

Really lacks leadership skills is what I feel

She's not an awful leader but if your whole team is suffering from miscommunication with the coaches and you're paralyzed by confusion that's what'll happen to you. I don't blame her for performing this poorly, unfortunately their situation drags everyone.

• Really lacks leadership skills is what I feel

I don't think anyone wants to be 'responsible' in any way for what's going on, but it's also tough, unless you are a KYK caliber player, to shine when there's a fog all around you

I'm not really that bummed out about Korea. This kind of thing happens to teams from time to time ... definitely a whirlwind of things past year or two. They'll weather it and be back (think of how dead Japan was last year)

btw - I'm also disappointed in my girl Kang Bang. This was her opportunity to step up, too. She seems average

• gentle reminder that all Koreans learn English in schools but of course they aren't good at it and many still can't understand it

they have a translator too, was never a big issue with Lavarini

I strongly disagree starting with Lavarini. You can see the blatant misunderstanding from each side. Some of them aren't even listening anymore you cannot defend that. Even if one of them is proficient in English or fluent the rest probably aren't so there's still a wide gap there.

• Orthmann is just.... not good.

also I dont know how M Gryka is not a part of this squad... Matthias did she decline?

Kastner is just not good at anything

I guess Gryka declined.

Thank God almost all the matches of Canada pool are in the middle of European nights, so I don't have to watch any of this :gone: To think that Alex Waibl applied to be NT coach and really wanted it and DVV refused because they introduced the club-coach-can't-be-NT-coach rule is really painful now :aww:

• (think of how dead Japan was last year)

Definitely not this dead :D

But yea you are right overall, it's not all lost, they just have to start from scratch, it wouldn't surprise me if other teams take their chance to show up though during this absence. Overall I'm not too hopeful, when your golden generation is mass retiring, you can't have a federation working against the team or K/O pretty much

• Netherlands roster for week 3

S: Bongaerts, Dijkema

OPP: Plak, Dambrink

OH: Savelkoel, Knollema, Jasper, Buijs

MB: Lohuis, Timmerman, Baijens, Korevaar

L: Schoot, Reesink

Daalderop is still recovering from her injury and not able to play matches. Korevaar recovered from her injury she got in the friendly against France. Still no sign of Knip (who could be veryyy useful imo)

• Definitely not this dead :D

But yea you are right overall, it's not all lost, they just have to start from scratch, it wouldn't surprise me if other teams take their chance to show up though during this absence. Overall I'm not too hopeful, when your golden generation is mass retiring, you can't have a federation working against the team or K/O pretty much

if Olympic girl was here Korea would have 2 sets won

• I guess Gryka declined.

Thank God almost all the matches of Canada pool are in the middle of European nights, so I don't have to watch any of this :gone: To think that Alex Waibl applied to be NT coach and really wanted it and DVV refused because they introduced the club-coach-can't-be-NT-coach rule is really painful now :aww:

But Dresden was as Stuttgart demanding the seperation of NT and club coaches...

• Daalderop nooo;(

• With that said I'm not a fan of Bongaerts lately XD I used to dislike Dijkema and wanted to see Bongaerts start even during Dutch peak but nowadays she seems so mediocre, Dijkema looked much more dominant whenever she was on.

• Can someone explain me why some teams will not face each other in the VNL ? I don't think this is fair in the final standing.

the players were complaining that there is too much travel/too much matches.

So it was reduced to 12 matches in 3 weeks rather than 15 in 5.

Teams were divided into tiers based on ranking and each team misses on average the same strength.

Of course, some teams are underrated and some are overrated, so whoever got China/Turkey instead of USA/Brazil is kinda lucky.