2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Vakifbank didn't stop Egonu in CL finals.. she scored 40 freaking points... Nothing on that game guarantees that Guidetti knows how to stop her.. the only similarity, maybe, is that Italian OH aren't doing that great...

• Vakifbank didn't stop Egonu in CL finals.. she scored 40 freaking points... Nothing on that game guarantees that Guidetti knows how to stop her.. the only similarity, maybe, is that Italian OH aren't doing that great...

Lol maybe that was the key, don't try to stop Egonu :D

My bad!

• I guess she gets fired up that way on the court unlike other sassy girls who try to insult opponents and bring them down.

When we comment on players, I think we get biased by their physical appearance a lot. When they look beautiful and feminine (hi Goncharova), then it looks elegant but when someone like Ebrar does it, we take it to other extremes.

I wrote it earlier, I don't approve what she did and that made me feel ashamed to watch it. But I am glad she at least had the balls to apologize unlike others, who just pose in a cute way and pretend it never happened.

I'm with you - whoever does something similar should be bashed or taken it to other extremes or treated the same way regardless of appearance.

My point was why "apologize" if she is going to keep doing it?

Actually, Guidetti doesnt know how to stop her, even though he has tried his best. In the last CL finals, Egonu didnt only score 39 pts, but her spike effiency was 59%. Last year, she scored 41 pts, effiency 55%. When she was playing in Novara and they beat Vakifbank with Zhu, numbers were similar. Same during the last 3 encounters in WCWC. More than trying to stop Egonu (or praying she has a bad day), it passes to stop one of the OH, especially OH1.

• I'm with you - whoever does something similar should be bashed or taken it to other extremes or treated the same way regardless of appearance.

My point was why "apologize" if she is going to keep doing it?

it's not an apology? I read it as a clarification.

• Actually, Guidetti doesnt know how to stop her, even though he has tried his best. In the last CL finals, Egonu didnt only score 39 pts, but her spike effiency was 59%. Last year, she scored 41 pts, effiency 55%. When she was playing in Novara and they beat Vakifbank with Zhu, numbers were similar. Same during the last 3 encounters in WCWC. More than trying to stop Egonu (or praying she has a bad day), it passes to stop one of the OH, especially OH1.

This ,,stopping player X by some genius tactics'' is quite overrated, especially on this level, I don't think you can stop Egonu or Zhu by your gameplan, you just make everything you can block wise/defensively and wish for them to have a bad day.

But you can exploit other weaknesses of your opponent, and, well, with Sylla and Bosetti, it won't be that difficult, I'm afraid. So even though Egonu can win the game on her own, I'm quite sure what will be the point of focus of Guidetti and his staff <wink, wink, Sylla, wink, wink>

• Ebrar will deserve forgiveness when she stop to doing that, IG post is just meaningless at this point IMO. Of course that is just my point of view, other group is actually impressed (or not bothered at least) by her behaviour so she doesn't need their forgiveness, while i will be always appalled with that inappropriate outbursts. I'm sorry, just know for ambitious, emotions and fighting spirit which is not followed by inarticulate flailing.

I repeat this similar post 1000 times and very often it was about Ebrar, and I do it on purpose (who cares!), not because I hate Ebrar but because I hate that way of behavior, whoever behaves like that deserves the same, no matter how he/she looks, from which country, continent, club, position,.....,even being Maja Ognjenovic personally.

I love these occasional identical discussions on this forum, LoL.

• Btw not to further enforce regional associations after complaining about it but can we appreciate the fact that 50% of the semi-finalists in an international tournament are BVA members 🔥:box::D see this is a regional association I'm on board with :!:

• Btw not to further enforce regional associations after complaining about it but can we appreciate the fact that 50% of the semi-finalists in an international tournament are BVA members 🔥:box::D see this is a regional association I'm on board with :!:

Honestly it takes some time for me to remember what is BVA actually, LoL.

• What's BVA?

• Balkan Volleyball Association. TUR and SRB are members

Okay, I'm rooting for a BVA VNL Final then. Maybe you can get Brazil to move up there temporarily ... because I really like them too. Can there be three teams in a Final?

I was a little slow ramping up on the new Serbia. I never thought they would play the kind of volleyball I like. "Team" really, more than "fast. .. And , Aleksić , especially for me , is like a giant love bomb with a long echo. And their libero has moments of brilliance.

Love bombs and liberos :rose:

• This ,,stopping player X by some genius tactics'' is quite overrated, especially on this level, I don't think you can stop Egonu or Zhu by your gameplan, you just make everything you can block wise/defensively and wish for them to have a bad day.

But you can exploit other weaknesses of your opponent, and, well, with Sylla and Bosetti, it won't be that difficult, I'm afraid. So even though Egonu can win the game on her own, I'm quite sure what will be the point of focus of Guidetti and his staff <wink, wink, Sylla, wink, wink>

I think you can slow down a player if you organize your block/defense accordingly. After all, Egonu can't keep hitting the ball at 3.30 at her every spike and if your blockers simply prioritize her and your defense is positioned accordingly, you can reduce her % to some extent, also forcing her to make errors.

Here the question is, which is an easier strategy to realise? I think the low hanging fruit is to target weaker spots like Sylla and force Paola to carry all the burden which should not be enough to win the match. The second option is more risky and difficult to achieve, I agree.

• Also not yall clowning on the CEV just for them to have 3/4 teams in the semis. Eek

• When we comment on players, I think we get biased by their physical appearance a lot. When they look beautiful and feminine (hi Goncharova), then it looks elegant but when someone like Ebrar does it, we take it to other extremes.

go see a lot of negative comments about Goncharova, how she's labelled a diva and she got many yellow cards.

She's not really likeable for her personality. Seems like you only see people praising her face but you didn't see the snide comments on her lackluster personality.

• go see a lot of negative comments about Goncharova, how she's labelled a diva and she got many yellow cards.

She's not really likeable for her personality. Seems like you only see people praising her face but you didn't see the snide comments on her lackluster personality.

I don't think she really cares whether she's liked or not nor does it bother her. I was honestly never a fan because I was always rooting for Kosheleva but Goncharova is also on a league of her own in terms of global popularity.