2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Congratulations to Italy for their very dominant performance during the VNL finals. Egonu is Egonu but for them the biggest difference was the fact that their OHs stepped up. Especially C. Bosetti unexpectedly played very well after a disappointing club season. Pietrini is still a liability at reception but she is improving obviously. I agree that starting MB should be either Bonifacio and Fahr instead of Chirichella. She is not as bad as people here claim but other two would be upgrade. Indeed libero position is the one they need to find a replacement soon since I don't think De Gennaro will play in Paris.

Congratulations to Brasil too but I don't understand why people pretend like they are young team. Both setters, one MB, one OH are very experienced. Liberos and Opposite are not 'young' neither. Julia B. was one of the revelations of the tournament, pity that she won't be playing in WCh, in that case probably other experienced players Pri or Rosamaria will replace her. Julia K had a good tournament overall but she disappeared during finals. To me, none of the liberos seemed very solid but they are complementing each other well, two libero system could work with them.

Even bigger congratulations to Serbia. Last couple of years, they have been playing only Boskoball. In her absence, their OHs stepped up. Also Serbia's neverending tradition at raising good MBs is insane. After losing two legendary MBs, they replaced them perfectly (I'm almost sure Kocic would also have done great if she would have played instead of Aleksic). Maybe unpopular opinion but I liked Pusic more than Popovic. Zivkovic is known to be a 'boring' setter but she is exactly what Serbia team needed. In the case that Maja is not going to WCh, she wouldn't be missed so much. Lastly, kudos to Santarelli! It is incredible that he made such a big impact in only 2 two months. Getting rid off Terzic and bringing Stevanovic back was a good deal. I sometimes wonder if it would be a good deal for turkey as well if Gui would be sacked, considering amount of players that could be back 😂

Both Türkiye and USA were flops. I'd rather have USA as opponent in WCh quarters than a Serbia with Boskovic. They had a good run during group stages (so did JPN) but their system didn't work when it really mattered.

All in all, it was a good tournament for CEV teams. They were always mocked for not being successful but I expect them to be more and more successful in this tournament since they will take VNL more serious due to huge impact on world ranking and road to OG. Previously it was mostly USA and BRA taking it seriously, hence their success in medals.

• Not young?

MB: Julia K (19), Diana (23), Lorena (23)

L: Nyeme (24), Natinha (25)

OH: Julia B (21), Ana Cristina (18)

OP: Kisy (22), Lorrayna (23)

How young is young and how old is old? ^^

• I know Italy won the VNL but I think the biggest winner of this VNL is Ze Roberto. He was not stubborn this time and brought a relatively young squad that performed very well. Come Paris 2024, we should expect Brazil to be a gold medal contender already.

• And we won all of them :super:

• I know Italy won the VNL but I think the biggest winner of this VNL is Ze Roberto. He was not stubborn this time and brought a relatively young squad that performed very well. Come Paris 2024, we should expect Brazil to be a gold medal contender already.

kinda like 2003-2005 when Sheilla, Fabi, Fabiana, Thaisa, Paula, Sassa all made the NT

• All in all, it was a good tournament for CEV teams. They were always mocked for not being successful but I expect them to be more and more successful in this tournament since they will take VNL more serious due to huge impact on world ranking and road to OG. Previously it was mostly USA and BRA taking it seriously, hence their success in medals.

I'm glad VNL will be taken more seriously by CEV teams going forward. If my team flops I want to be entertained as a neutral with high quality, 5 set nail-biters :lol:

• I think it's more likely she will play in LA than not play in Paris:whistle:

Are you being serious?

• I don’t see any reason why She wouldn’t play in Paris. But after that I think She will retire.

• I agree that starting MB should be either Bonifacio and Fahr instead of Chirichella. She is not as bad as people here claim but other two would be upgrade.

Bonifacio was the backup for Danesi through the whole VNL. Lubian was the backup for Chirichella. Chirichella is currently the only MB can do slide attacks. Even though Egonu is really powerful in back row, slide attack is still needed. The combination of slide and pipe attack by OPP works well in Women's volleyball.

Danesi, Bonifacio, and Fahr are all quite similar, attacking in front of the setter. Danesi's blocking is the best, then Bonifacio and Fahr. Moreover, Chirichella's blocking is better than Bonifacio's, so it's not an upgrade to use either of them.

Lubian is also not the right person for that position. L. Nwakalor has some potential, but still needs to develop her skills. Before they find a suitable one, Chirichella is the first choice for the MB position next to the setter.

• Bonifacio was the backup for Danesi through the whole VNL. Lubian was the backup for Chirichella. Chirichella is currently the only MB can do slide attacks. Even though Egonu is really powerful in back row, slide attack is still needed. The combination of slide and pipe attack by OPP works well in Women's volleyball.

Danesi, Bonifacio, and Fahr are all quite similar, attacking in front of the setter. Danesi's blocking is the best, then Bonifacio and Fahr. Moreover, Chirichella's blocking is better than Bonifacio's, so it's not an upgrade to use either of them.

Lubian is also not the right person for that position. L. Nwakalor has some potential, but still needs to develop her skills. Before they find a suitable one, Chirichella is the first choice for the MB position next to the setter.

I understand that Chirichella is the most versatile one attacking-wise, however I don't think her block is better than Bonifacio. It is not like Italy is doing so many slide attacks like Turkey does for example. Having a beast like Egonu who can do a backrow attack as hard as a front row attack could compensate lack of slide attacks.

I had big hopes for Lubian when she was young but she didn't make the improvement in last two years. She still has a very good service though.

I have never watched L. nwakalor, is she related to opposite Nwakalor?