2021 South American Championship - Colombia

• Where ia Angela Leyva? This MB Illescas and the Setter from Peru improved a lot

• I prefer Ivone than Segovia

• I prefer Ivone than Segovia

Me too... But I'm biased, I simply don't like players that can only hit high balls, Ivone is better all-around player

• Camila Gomez is a whole different person than we were used to see in Superliga... Last season was so underwhelming but she's always on beast mode playing for Colombia

• Peru beats Colombia 3-1.

So, tomorrow Argentina-Peru for a quota in WCh.

Colombia needs a miracle (for Argentina to beat Peru exactly 3-1 and then beat ARG 3-0). Of course, this assuming they won't beat Brazil or take them to 5 sets.

• Rizola wanted Brazil to play with their B-team for a better shot at the WCH, but...:gone::gone::gone::gone:

• Where ia Angela Leyva? This MB Illescas and the Setter from Peru improved a lot

Leyva and her sister retired from Peruvian NT. Both left the trainings just some days before this tournament started.

Angela alleged she was suffering from stress and it would be better to step aside. If Im not wrong, she is in France now training with her team. There are rumours she doesnt get along with the coach.

This Colombian defeat was really unexpected. The hosts have been playing really good in the last 4 years, as well as they have years and years playing together + a good coach.

From what we saw in Tokyo, Argentina should sweep Peru tonight. There is no way Peruvian inexistant block could stop Mercado and Nizetich.

• Happy to see Zé putting the full bench to work for once!

ETA: Bia still can't spike anything lmao

• The good thing is I don't miss Tandara's face at all lol. I'm not talking about the doping, but the way she (didn't) play in Tokyo pissed me off a lot. And she kept laughing all the time.

• I don't miss Tandara either, at all. I wouldn't mind if she never came back (which is very likely).

Also, this Novoa kid from Chile could easily play for a smaller club here in Brazil. She's good!

• I think the only thing Tandara can do that our current Opps can't (yet) is defense. But just give some court time to Rosamaria to build some confidence and let Ana Cristina train a bit with Ze and we'll have it covered. We shouldn't waste our time with a player that thinks that's better than everyone else

• I think the only thing Tandara can do that our current Opps can't (yet) is defense. But just give some court time to Rosamaria to build some confidence and let Ana Cristina train a bit with Ze and we'll have it covered. We shouldn't waste our time with a player that thinks that's better than everyone else

If Ana Cristina improves her backrow skills just a bit, she's already gonna be great. She just needs to be a little faster with her movements as a whole I think.

• Really impressed with Nyeme's setting skills and Natinha. Maybe in 2024, both will be in Paris.