2021 South American Championship - Colombia

• Now if Aninha and and Lorenne starts in Set 4

I wish the same.

• too bad that Colombia lost to Peru. The match today could be more important till the end.

• Yay, we are the champions, my friends! And we'll keep on fighting 'till the end... :cup:

:lol::lol::lol: (Something tells me the Brazilian fans won't be too thrilled with this title...)

Well, Natália improved a lot, so that's one thing... :gone:

Also, I'd like to point out that if the point of the double substitution early in the set was to make sure Lorenne would leave the final with 100% efficiency, mission accomplished! :thumbup:

Roberta's not having a great match... Neither is Gabi... Neither is Kasiely... :sos:

And I still think Rizola should trust his bench players more...

• OK Gattaz for 2024 it is

• Bia's slot is totally wasted. They could have brought up another player

• Bia's slot is totally wasted. They could have brought up another player

There was no one else training, so they couldn't. They only brought Kasiely and Natinha because Garay and Brait retired and they needed to fill the spots.

• Ivone menids me Destinee Hooker

• How on earth is Brazil losing 2 sets against Colombia? :what: This is historic. If Im not wrong, the last time Brazil lost 2 sets in a match in this tournament, it was in 1999, vs Peru, when the Andean country was still competitive in the international level. Centuries ago indeed.

• Finally Lorenne

Yeah, I really don't understand why is Lorenne having such few chances in this competition. Like, I get that the plan was exposing Aninha... But then why on Earth would he not rely on her when the going gets tough? I mean, I swear I totally see ZRG's point, I'm a conservative thinker as well, but, hey, take a freaking risk once in a while, please. :lol: I mean, if not in the South American Championship, when?

• OK 5 sets it is. Go Brazil!

• Too harsh imo. The thing is that Brazil doesnt expected any fight in this tournament. But this CSV showed that Argentina and Colombia can take sets from Brazil. Peru played without Leyva.

It is a pity that any Southamerican team has been able to properly challenge Brazil in the last decades. If there was a time to "take advantage" of the late transition of Brazil, it was after WCH 2018.

It was supposed that Peru would have come back after some good U18 generations and Leyva breakout, but it never happened cuz of Peruvian federation SUCKS (it is a mix of Bulgarian, Croatian and any African team federation). They thought more in their pockets than properly developing players. As well as they didnt know how to explote the fact female vball is super followed in Peru (in contrast than COL and ARG) and after Brazil, there is the second "best" league in the region. Btw, Leyva isnt the only player missing, there are more cuz of problems with federation.

In the other hand, Argentina, despite of female vball is almost non existant, achieved more. But at the same time, they dont have proper investment from their federation. Im surprised ARG took a set from Brazil, eve without Elina and Nizetich. As well some players didnt blossom and chosed their career instead of vball (cuz of $$$).

Then, there is COL. Their federation did a really good job bringing Peruvian coaches at the beginning, as well as sending a lot of their players, when they were U18 and U20 to Peruvian league in order to develop. Calling Rizzola was also a huge hit. Brazilian knows that him (and Luizomar) developed a lot of their Olympic champions. From all these 3 federations, the Colombian one has been the one which has planned better. The core team is young, but playing since many years ago. The main problem is that the players are too emotional. Rizzola has said that many times when he has been interviewed by Peruvian tv.

• Colombia beats Brazil 3x1

• But Brazil still #1 right?

• But Brazil still #1 right?

Yes. Brazil only needed one set in order to secure the gold medal.

• Amazing display by Colombia. To bad that they lost by Peru.

• For sure in the next CSV competition the team will not go with such attitude. But for now Colombia future looks bright with this young team and good prospects. I hope that they federation takes good care of this team.