Italy - Superlega 2021-2022

• Congrats to Lube! They are a better team in this series. IMHO, Simon is the MVP. When Simon is on the front row, he can easily draw attention of Perugia's block, which gives a lot of open opportunities for the teammates attacking at pos 4 and 2. Balaso played much better than Colaci on the contrary. DeCecco also outplayed Giannelli in this series.

Another disappointing season for Perugia, No one in Perugia played on their normal level in this series.

• Best player of Lube: Rychlicki

Rychlicki's spike error at match point in CL semi was Perugia's mental trauma. They're still not recovered. LOL

• It's so funny how no one ever listens to Blenigini during time outs ;(;(

He should receive big congratulations for this season tho, had Juantorena out for the whole season basically, Zaytsev returned in January and played generally so-so for most of the time, some problems before CL leg with Jastrzębski with Yant, difficult schedule (CWCH) and players leaving Civitanova already for the next season (Simon, possibly Juantorena), had to play with completely inexperienced players like Yant and Garcia for majority of the season as well - and yet they won it. Perugia, on the other hand, had very comfortable situation and yet Grbic completely overused Leon to the level that he had knee injury before crucial part of the season, so they flopped badly in CL and in a league.

With Lucarelli and Simon out, this is some end of an era (esp with the latter, clearly the best Civitanova player right now), but they won 3 scudettos, 2 Coppa Italias, Club World Championship, Champions League in 3,5 years basically (considering COVID break), this is really impressive considering Italian standards.

• Even though Perugia didn't win the scudetto,

could we agree that Modena was the most disappointing top team this season?

(They didn't even win CEV cup:gone:)

Hmm I disagree. They had no middles and an average libero. They still almost reached the finals against the top team of the regular season.

I still think Perugia was the biggest loser as expectations were much higher on them (probably budget too?) after grabbing Giannelli from Trento.

Also let's be real, who cares about CEV Cup lol

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Bronze - Volleyball Nations League 2019 (W) Prediction Game

• Hmm I disagree. They had no middles and an average libero. They still almost reached the finals against the top team of the regular season.

I still think Perugia was the biggest loser as expectations were much higher on them (probably budget too?) after grabbing Giannelli from Trento.

Also let's be real, who cares about CEV Cup lol

I think Modena is the biggest loser as next season they again will have to play the CEV Cup, which I absolutely agree no one cares lol

They can only wish the Russian teams still being banned and 1 more CL slot to be given to Italy.

• I think Modena is the biggest loser as next season they again will have to play the CEV Cup, which I absolutely agree no one cares lol

They can only wish the Russian teams still being banned and 1 more CL slot to be given to Italy.

Yeah, I can't disagree with that lol Didn't think of it that way oop

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Bronze - Volleyball Nations League 2019 (W) Prediction Game

• Modena had legit chances to make it to the finals, but Leal kicked Travica and got injured then, so yeah, this is disastrous season for them all things considered. What's the difference between being 4th this year and 5th last, while they probably doubled their budget and took Ngapeth, Nimir, Rossini, Bruno and Leal?

But Perugia are losers as well, everything did happen in favor of them from rivals perspective: Lavia got injured before CL leg and was out of shape in 1st game/Kaziyski got injured in 2nd game and didn't play in Golden Set --> Leal got injured in the semis after being suspended for two additional games --> Juantorena got injured for the whole season basically. This is laughable that they didn't exploit this more.

Piacenza will play Cisterna on Friday to determine which team will play in Challenge Cup and finish 5th this season, and it will be the last game of the season.

• He should receive big congratulations for this season tho, had Juantorena out for the whole season basically, Zaytsev returned in January and played generally so-so for most of the time, some problems before CL leg with Jastrzębski with Yant, difficult schedule (CWCH) and players leaving Civitanova already for the next season (Simon, possibly Juantorena), had to play with completely inexperienced players like Yant and Garcia for majority of the season as well - and yet they won it.

I agree the team did much better than what expected given the circumstances, but I just can't avoid laughing everytime he talks during time outs and everyone minds his own business :rolll: I think he's doing something right of course but I'm still dubious on his influence on the team