Italian Women's NT 2022

• sloth

Changed the title of the thread from “Italian NT 2022” to “Italian Women's NT 2022”.
  • First call-ups of Mazzanti from teams already eliminated from A1: https://www.volleyball.it/ital…15-convocate-di-mazzanti/

F. Bosio, A. Mazzaro, M. Armini, E. Perinelli, A. Guerra, B. Diop, L. Nwakalor, S. Nwakalor, E. Graziani, S. Panetoni, T. Enweonwu, E. Cagnin, S. Monza, A. Degradi, F. Squarcini

And schedule of friendlies on May (Croatia x2: 19th, 20th; Bulgaria x2: 22nd, 23rd): https://www.volleyball.it/ital…e-e-siena-per-le-azzurre/

• First call-ups of Mazzanti from teams already eliminated from A1: https://www.volleyball.it/ital…15-convocate-di-mazzanti/

F. Bosio, A. Mazzaro, M. Armini, E. Perinelli, A. Guerra, B. Diop, L. Nwakalor, S. Nwakalor, E. Graziani, S. Panetoni, T. Enweonwu, E. Cagnin, S. Monza, A. Degradi, F. Squarcini

And schedule of friendlies on May (Croatia x2: 19th, 20th; Bulgaria x2: 22nd, 23rd): https://www.volleyball.it/ital…e-e-siena-per-le-azzurre/

Some uhm "interesting" names and some weird misses, Mingardi? Villani? De Bortoli? Spirito? Why is Armini there if she never even played a full set? I guess they're trying to find a replacement for Moki asap and trying all the young liberos but idk it's not like De Bortoli and Spirito are old.

• surprise imo armini and perinelli,both are bench and not much time on court and good calls,like I said last u20 generation was so good that most of them can make senior NT they are already 3

• Some uhm "interesting" names and some weird misses, Mingardi? Villani? De Bortoli? Spirito? Why is Armini there if she never even played a full set? I guess they're trying to find a replacement for Moki asap and trying all the young liberos but idk it's not like De Bortoli and Spirito are old.

Yup. Maybe Mingardi wanted a break for this introductory part of training camp and she'll be there in May? And with De Gennaro-Parrocchiale-Fersino, Mazzanti wants to give a chance to these younger players considering they won't make VNL cut either way with 25 spots. In this sense De Bortoli and Spirito (even though they're good) are not that promising.

• Yup. Maybe Mingardi wanted a break for this introductory part of training camp and she'll be there in May? And with De Gennaro-Parrocchiale-Fersino, Mazzanti wants to give a chance to these younger players considering they won't make VNL cut either way with 25 spots. In this sense De Bortoli and Spirito (even though they're good) are not that promising.

There were rumors earlier this year that Parrocchiale aswell is getting cut, I guess we'll have to wait for confirmation on that though (if she's indeed not called probably Panetoni would be the third libero at this point?). Also another one I would have liked is Gardini, she's been outstanding in A2 and considering half of the u21 team is there and likely none (or maybe just a couple) of them will be part of the VNL roaster she could have at least been given a try

• VNL squad:

Alzatrici: Alessia Orro, Ofelia Malinov, Ilaria Battistoni, Francesca Bosio.
    Centrali: Cristina Chirichella, Anna Danesi, Marina Lubian, Sara Bonifacio, Federica Squarcini, Alessia Mazzaro.
    Libero: Monica De Gennaro, Eleonora Fersino, Sara Panetoni.
    Schiacciatrici: Alessia Gennari, Caterina Bosetti, Miriam Sylla, Elena Pietrini, Anastasia Guerra, Sofia D'Odorico, Alice Degradi, Terry Enweonwu, Elena Perinelli, Loveth Omoruyi.
    Opposti: Paola Egonu, Sylvia Nwakalor.

I need some comment on lack of Mingardi and Parrocchiale.

• Is this real? It seems Italy is taking this year's VNL seriously :box:

• I wasn't expecting Mingardi to be left out of the squad to be honest. I guess it was her personal choice, since Mazzanti prefers Nwakalor as Egonu's backup.

• nwakalor did a good vnl so it's normal,mingardi flops in NT,she's a league player

And parrochiale out is so weird

• Calling Battistoni is a weird decision, because she wasn't a starter and wasn't convincing during her time on court either... Calling a setter with more experience like Signoreli or a young talented setter like Guiducci would have made more sence! I really hope Bosio will get the chance to prove herself during VNL, because Orro and Malinov are so unstable. Bosio is a solid player and would be a good substitution for one of Malinov or Orro.

On the middle blocker position Mazzanti made the expected decisions. I noticed they lack a good slide attacker... Chirichella can play a decent slide attack, but I think she is more comfortable hitting in front of the setter. Lubian used to be a slide attacker, but she mostly played in front of the setter at Scandicci. Leaving Folie out of the squad is a wise decision IMO. For her health it's better to focus just on club volleyball! She may be used for WCH if the middle blocker position proves to be a problem during VNL? in the end she belongs to the best 4 middle blockers of Italy ATM.

De Bortoli should have been called! IMO she is a better libero than Fersino... On the other hand I'm happy Panetoni has been called! She is a sollid libero, especially her reception is good!

Outside hitter position has all expected names. Only I would have left out D'Odorico, because she simply isn't good enough on international level in any department...

Mingardi at least deserved a call, since she has shown at club level she is more reliable than Nwakalor!

• Mingardi every year fops in NT,she's outstadingat league but not NT material

Nwakalr did a good job in last VNL

• Mingardi every year fops in NT,she's outstadingat league but not NT material

This is half-truth - Mingardi was average in NT so far, but she also had by far the best club season in her career this year, much better stats-wise than in the past, won Trofeo Gazzetta etc - that is why it's odd not to have her in a wide roster for VNL.

• This is half-truth - Mingardi was average in NT so far, but she also had by far the best club season in her career this year, much better stats-wise than in the past, won Trofeo Gazzetta etc - that is why it's odd not to have her in a wide roster for VNL.

imo last year she did better but anyway