Italian Women's NT 2022

• As for the Italian team, Orro is definitely No. 1 in setter, he is definitely better than Malinov:flower:

I never understood Mazzanti insistence on Malinov :wavy:

• Now i kind of understand why some Serbian player are racist .......

I understand your intention, it is popular narrative here also, but targeting whole nation because of this (undoubtly awful behaviour) is kinda racist also (more appropriate chauvinistic).

• I understand your intention, it is popular narrative here also, but targeting whole nation because of this (undoubtly awful behaviour) is kinda racist also (more appropriate chauvinistic).

Hi, I know you're the reasonable one from all the post you wrote, so I hope my explanations help clear some air.

I am not really familiar with the so-called popular narrative here as i am kind of a rookie, but what I do know is that if you keep silent when you see a racist post, he will keep posting them ( He already posted a lot against Italian NT and especially towards the black players in other threads. I just couldn't take it no more especially when he came here in Italian NT thread and posted another shitty comment. ) So i called him out publicly in a way that i know he cared.

If you read carefully, you would find out that i deliberately emphasize on the word "Some". I didn't target the whole nation because of this ( Thank you for acknowledge it's wrong), i simply realized the resemblance of ignorance of racism ( without even realizing themselves) between this user and some Serbian players. (Quote from other user : Racism is not what you think you said/did but what people interpreted from what you said/did). I meant some players and this user, not all the players, not all the NT team, let alone the whole nation.

And now he is playing a victim claiming other users dislike Serbians and Serbian NT and thus attack him. He still don't get it. What we dislike is what he said, it's not about the nationality of being a Serbian, it's about the stupid racism that he expressed. I hope you don't fall for that.

I don't have any intention to target or insult the whole Serbian nation, for which i put the word "Some", it's beneath my education and knowledge to post any thing without thinking it through. I am sorry that you interpreted like that, hope you will understand that i have zero intention of discriminating against Serbian. :)

• Now and Blagojevic is racist. :lol:

I was right from the start, most of the users who attacked me here don't really care about racism or event italian NT. They just dislike serbians and serbian NT.

You can't start whole racist comments and then play victim card🤦 this is just inferiority complex

• Sport passport means she can play as italian in the league, but to play for national team she also needs italian citizenship (which she doesn't have)

I know that I've already asked about that, so sorry to bother, but there's 10y residency rule for non-EU citizens to obtain Italian citizenship (besides citizenship by marriage and some special procedures), right? With everything what's going on with Russia right now and her saying that she's willing to play in Italy, I wonder if there's a chance for her to play at the 2028 Olympics when she plays in Italy since 2018.

• Italian roster barely have real Italians. Poor Orro :lol:

Hahhaha. Thats the only excuse they could use against the Italian team. All rye Italian players from the Women NT are real Italians bc they were born in Italy.

Talking about naturalized players, do ai need to remind you Boskovic and Branka are not really Serbian but Bosnians.

And yeah, all you said in fact make you a big fact racist.

• Hahhaha. Thats the only excuse they could use against the Italian team. All rye Italian players from the Women NT are real Italians bc they were born in Italy.

Talking about naturalized players, do ai need to remind you Boskovic and Branka are not really Serbian but Bosnians.

And yeah, all you said in fact make you a big fact racist.

You are talking nonsense. You need to check you facts before you speak bullshits.

They are just born in Bosnia, in the part where most of the people are serbians too. Both Boskovic and Mihajlovic are serbians. Both of there parents are serbians, they had serbian passport from the day they are born.

• Talking about naturalized players, do ai need to remind you Boskovic and Branka are not really Serbian but Bosnians.

I think they're both Bosnian Serbians, so don't go that far, there's no need to respond on some racist comments with some questionable takes.

Even if it's actually quite funny that one of the core players of this great Serbian NT has been 'naturalized player' (Brankica, who did play for Bosnian NT) against whom volleysrb is so vocal about. And Antropova, even if she gets Italian citizenship, won't be naturalized in similar way since the whole dispute about her right now is to acknowledge Italy as her 'first' federation, so if its finally agreed, she will not even change her federation in literal way.

• I know that I've already asked about that, so sorry to bother, but there's 10y residency rule for non-EU citizens to obtain Italian citizenship (besides citizenship by marriage and some special procedures), right? With everything what's going on with Russia right now and her saying that she's willing to play in Italy, I wonder if there's a chance for her to play at the 2028 Olympics when she plays in Italy since 2018.

Yes, after 10 years of residency and she can ask for the procedure to start, for regular people the process can last up to 2 more years (and they changed the law recently, it was up to 5 before). I'm sure that for someone like her it's going to be easier finding good representation and an easier process but I don't think she will get a passport before 2029 unless the law changes

• This is not the first time such thing has happened in this forum. I genuinely think there should be severe consequences for such comments. There are some certain users who make it a habit to attack certain players or national teams simply by using the word “real”. As long as this is tolerated, it will happen again.

• This is not the first time such thing has happened in this forum. I genuinely think there should be severe consequences for such comments. There are some certain users who make it a habit to attack certain players or national teams simply by using the word “real”. As long as this is tolerated, it will happen again.

Yeah, especially since there's no interpretation of such words in context of Italian-born players with non-Italian origins other than ''She has African roots, so she's not real Italian" - and that's disqualifying stuff to be honest unless there's an apology, it's a racism in its purest form.

Yes, after 10 years of residency and she can ask for the procedure to start, for regular people the process can last up to 2 more years (and they changed the law recently, it was up to 5 before). I'm sure that for someone like her it's going to be easier finding good representation and an easier process but I don't think she will get a passport before 2029 unless the law changes

Thanks. She'll be still only 26 in 2029, but she should think about some arranged marriage/getting married very early. :lol:;(

• Yeah, especially since there's no interpretation of such words in context of Italian-born players with non-Italian origins other than ''She has African roots, so she's not real Italian" - and that's disqualifying stuff to be honest unless there's an apology, it's a racism in its purest form.

I never said something such a 'She has African roots, so she's not real Italian".

I said Malinov is Bulgarian and she is. Both of her parents are Bulgarian volleyball players, who played in Bergamo where she is born, she know bulgarian. So i don't know how is wrong if i say she is bulgarian and how this can offend Malinov or some of the members here.

As for Antropova, same thing, i said she is not italian. She was born from russians parents and literally came in italy at age of 15 just for volleyball.