7-11th of December 2021
UPCN Voley Club
Due to circumstances, we have:
- Sada that was eliminated in QF of Superliga last season, but got a chance to play there due to victory in continental South American Championship in ... 2019/20 season (and obviously because they paid a fee to FIVB)
- Zaksa as a Champions League winner that got weakened a lot before this season (Toniutti, Kochanowski and Zatorski out) on paper
- Trentino as a vice-champion of Champions League that got weakened a lot before this season (Lucarelli, Giannelli, Nimir out) on paper
- UPCN Voley Club that got a chance to play there due to 2nd place in South American Championship in ... 2019/20 season, but since then got a looooot worse (basically they can't even afford to hire Argentinian NTs players.
- Foolad Sirjan: they're fine, I guess, I have nothing on them
- Funvic that almost went to the bankruptcy and barely remained on any level (although - obviously - as much weaker club)
I don't think this formula and this tournament in general has any future, and I believe that it may be the weakest lineup we've seen since the return to CWCH. Even Trentino and Zaksa are like 3rd-4th best teams on paper in their respective leagues right now, and Sada is fine, but even they theoretically regressed with Conte, Mendez and Alan all moving abroad.
Trentino with what they've showed so far looks like an early favorite here IMHO, but we'll see.