USA Athletes Unlimited 2022

• Xue has really good lateral movement. She played one set (so far) and had 2 or 3 blocks

Not able to watch rn, but I always loved her athleticism. More natural compared to tall unorthodoxed middles in China.

Its unfortunate that she doesn't have ambitions for the NT.

• how do you know that?

just speculation because she would've stayed for the training camp if she really wanted to be on the Chinese NT. Plus with Yan Ni retiring there would've been an open spot available.

I would put her as the 3rd/4th MB on the NT instead of Yang Hanyu and Zheng Yixin.

• Gold won quite easily.

Lloyd and Valentin (both on gold) were great. They dominated at the net.

Santos/Dilfer (Purple) just couldnt find any connections with their players. Didnt help Lichtman had like 5 errors and Santos-Lamb couldnt find the floor

• Somebody please remind the Brazillians its a scrimmage. This season there are games in their league and teams that have been together longer that played/playing worse than what were seeing in these practice games.

That's just plain rude... I dare you to say that to the Brazilian audience there :lol:

• Based on tonights play

Should be starters

OH: Edmond, DLC, McClendon, Cruz, Villenes

S: Nootsara, Lloyd, Valentin

MB: Morgan, Sybeldon, Bastianelli, McCage, Stivrins, Sandbothe

Opp: Lowe, Sheilla, McNeal

Might be starters

OH: Lichtman, Drews, Stalzer, Mau, Peterson

S: Glass, Bruns, Nichol

MB: Rosenthal, Stone, Xue

Opp: Withers, Crittenden

Shouldn't be starters

OH: Fairs, Santos-Lamb

S: Santos, Dilfer

MB: Fara, Willis, Boe

Opp: Falyn, Fricano, Wilson

• just speculation because she would've stayed for the training camp if she really wanted to be on the Chinese NT. Plus with Yan Ni retiring there would've been an open spot available.

I would put her as the 3rd/4th MB on the NT instead of Yang Hanyu and Zheng Yixin.

I thought she did say she want to be on the team :o

• Anyone bothers to briefly summarize this whole AU concept? Or know where to find an explanation? :win:

the whole concept of the league is to be player driven. There are no teams, no owners. Players sit on their own board and make their own decisions.

Leading into that, with no teams, winners are decided by who scores the most points. Points are awarded based on their stats in matches. You gain points for good things (kills, blocks, digs, etc), lose points for errors (serve, ball control, attack, etc). You also get points for winning sets and matches (which is the most important imo). They also award points for MVPs. One caveat is 2 sets does not win a match (three sets are always played each match). Total score across the three sets determines the winners. Full Breakdown

At the end of each week, the 4 players with the most points will be the captains for the next week. They draft their teams in a snake-style draft. You have to select a certain number of players from each position (so that teams dont get unbalanced). Teams will change every week, adding to the difficulty.

Yea, basically the winner is the person at the end of the season with the most points. I will say that by the end of last season, I didnt fret about understanding the points system... but rather enjoy the volleyball and "worry" about points until after matches/the week was over.

• Amazing thank you very much!