68th All Japan Intercollegiate Women's Championship 2021 (Nov 29–Dec 5)

• 68th Super College Women's Championship

All Japan Intercollegiate Women's Volleyball Championship 2021

Nov 29–Dec 5

2021 Contenders by Region
    Kanto (16)
    Kinki (Kansai) (9)
    Kyushu (6)
    Tsukuba
    Tokai Mermaids
    NSSU
    Juntendo
    Aoyama
    TWCPE
    Kokushikan
    Kaetsu
    Nihon
    JWCPE
    Shoin
    Daito Bunka
    JF Oberlin√
    Keiai√
    Waseda√
    Tsuru√
    Tezukayama
    Kobe Shinwa Women's
    Mukogawa Women's
    Senri Kinran
    Ryukoku
    Kyoto Tachibana
    Kyoto Sangyo
    Sonoda Gakuen Women's
    Tenri

NIFS
    Fukuoka
    Nagasaki International
    Kyushu Kyoritsu
    Kumamoto Gakuen
    Seinan Jo Gakuin

Tokai (4)
    Hokkaido (3)
    Tohoku (3)
    Aichi Gakuin
    Chukyo
    Gifu Kyoritsu
    Shigakkan
    Hokoshu
    Tokai Sapporo
    Seisa Dohto University

Shokei
    Tohoku Fukushi
    Fukushima

Chugoku (3) Shikoku (2) Hokushin'etsu (2)
    Chugoku Gakuen
    Shiseikan
    Kure√
    Matsuyama Shinonome
    Kochi Technology

Kinjo
    Niigata Welfare

• Three Rounds March Madness
    • Quarterfinals
    • Semifinals
    • Bronze
    • Gold

Watch Live at UNIVAS

FINAL RESULTS and AWARDS

GOLD

Tokai Mermaids :cup:

SILVER

NSSU

BRONZE

Tsukuba

4th Place

Nagasaki International

5th Place

NIFS

Shokei Gakuin

Aoyama Gakuin

Senri Kinran

Individual Awards

Award Player School (year)

MVP

Sayaka Yokota

Tokai 4

Dare Fighter

Hitomi Shiode

NSSU 4

Best Scorer

Ameze Miyabe

Tokai 2

Best Spiker

Ameze Miyabe

Tokai 2

Best Blocker

Ayaka Eto

NSSU 3

Best Server

Haruka Oyama

Tsukuba 2

Best Receiver

Risa Takahira

Nagasaki 4

Best Setter

Tsukasa Nakagawa

Tokai 3

Best Libero

Haruna Kawabata

Tokai 3

Source

• There must be some guidelines out there on how teams qualify for this tournament, and how the number of teams from each Region are allocated, but I don't know what they are. A few Regions appear to use their Autumn League as a qualifier. Some certainly don't

Kanto Autumn League has 12 teams compete and they are sending 16 teams to this Tournament

In the last 60 years a Kanto team has won it 55 times. Reigning Champions NIFS (Kyushu) have won it four times --all in the last decade. NSSU (Kanto) has won it 29 times, but only once in this century

Last year's Top 4

2020 All-Japan Intercollegiate.png

• According to JVA this tournament will be "Remote match (in principle, no spectators)". They haven't divulged any arenas where it will be held. The Kanto Autumn League match locations were kept secret because they didn't want people showing up and hanging out, I guess

The first day is only two matches -- as best as I can tell. Here's the combination and it says "Red Frame" for the 29th

Round 1 2020.11.29-30

JF Oberlin v Tsuru

Tenri v Matsuyama Shinonome

————

Kyoto Tachibana v Fukushima

JWCPE v Sonoda Women

Kobe Women v Kumamoto Gakuen

Fukuoka v Kaetsu

Tohoku Fukushi v Kokushikan

Hokusho v Shiseikan

Kure v Senri Kinran

Seinan Jo Gakuin v Hokkaido Tokai

Chūgoku Gakuen v Niigata Health and Welfare

Kyoto Sangyo v Chukyo

Shigakkan v Kochi Technology

Gifu Kyoritsu v TWCPE

Kinjo v Mukogawa Women

The only 'bummers' I can see are:

• Fukuoka v Kaetsu
    • Tohoku Fukushi v Kokushikan

Kokushikan and Kaetsu must have been seeded low based on their rank (20th & 27th) from last year but they played well in the recent Kanto Autumn League. It would be a shame for them to go home early.

Kokushikan has a 2nd year player , Suzuna Kawasaki , who is their Captain (that's unusual). She's going to be a star some day. Very mature looking player. She comes from Hachiojijissen (and was in that lineup I posted the pic of with Momii and Cherry Blossom Girl that lost to Kinrankai).

Both Kaetsu and Kokushikan were the scrappy try-real-hard teams, as opposed to either the obviously good or bad teams, in the recent Kanto Autumn League. I enjoyed them both

Not too familiar with Fukuoka (10th) or Tohoku Fukushi (6th), being non-Kanto teams. MB Aika Hayashida from Fukuoka is very likely to sign to a V1 team soon. Another mature looking player. She played in the Summer V.League

• Thank you for the thread. I'll try to catch a couple of games for this tournament and the Men's counterpart also. There's a different intensity in school competitions over club teams, which I find interesting. I only got to watch 2 or 3 games previously, but only because I randomly saw some links to stream. I'll try to follow this year.

• Thank you for the thread. I'll try to catch a couple of games for this tournament and the Men's counterpart also. There's a different intensity in school competitions over club teams, which I find interesting. I only got to watch 2 or 3 games previously, but only because I randomly saw some links to stream. I'll try to follow this year.

That's why I like Uni-Ball. The intensity.

The coverage of this last year was not bad. I hope for even more improvement this year but it may depend on where they play, and what equipment the place has. I don't know if they will play all the matches at Ota Ward like they usually do

First couple rounds won't be too exciting but the third round and quarters should be great fun. Then we lose it. Tragic

There should be a statute of limitations on how long a broadcaster can deny people the right to see a volleyball match. One year seems about right. It would help sell the game to be able to see, for example, last year's SFs and Final for free on Youtube to excite people to want to see this year's Final matches. It's stupid, greedy, and fucked up that they don't do that

• According to the UNIVAS site there are two matches scheduled for:

2021.11.29 , starting at 13:15 jst (presumably one after the other, not at the same time)

JF Oberlin University vs Tsuru University

Tenri University vs Matsuyama Shinonome Women's University

• Coverage is more than acceptable. It's single back corner camera but it follows along and zooms. Frame rate and resolution are good, the place is well lit, and the Picture has no VTV bullshit artifacts nor foggy blur

You can see faces :!:

These girls from Oberlin and Tsuru seem very happy to be there. I believe the four teams playing today were sort of 'gifted' into the Tournament along with some others to increase the number of teams. They didn't win any qualifier

• Is there a page where they update the schedule bracket with the results of the match, or something similar? I would want to watch some matches and would want to see who makes it in the next rounds.

I will post results here (and next matches -- as soon as I can figure them out) :)

The Combination is here. I don't think they actually update that pdf but the AJIVF will post results. The JVA has their standard "Scorebox" going on. I update the results and upcoming Rounds at volleybox

At this point I'm mostly relying on UNIVAS for the schedule, at least for the start time of matches. It's crazy how difficult it can be to track things

The AJIVF posted B Reports for the Finals last year. I hope they expand that practice. It's the only place I know of to find rosters with names of players. They have a Full Tournament roster list but it's password protected :mad:

• These first couple days are the dregs.

JF Oberlin has a couple players who look pretty good but I have no way of identifying them. JF Oberlin does actually post names with pics of their players on their web site ... but without jersey numbers :wall:

Very few schools even do that. Tsukuba hasn't updated their roster page for three years :!:

• Round 1 Day 1 •• 2020.11.29

JF Oberlin

3–1

Tsuru

Univas

D1 • 25-22, 24-26, 25-23, 26-24

Tenri

3–0

Matsuyama Shinonome

Univas

D2 • 25-22, 25-16, 25-21

Oberlin and Tenri earned the right to get clobbered by NIFS and Tsukuba tomorrow.

The Oberlin/Tsuru match was pretty fun with the teams trading leads after 20, and two sets going to overtime. I wish I could identify some players. I'll add the Univas links once they get them up

:!: I need roster lists or B reports :!:

Today's matchups (starting at 10:00am JST):

• Kyoto Tachibana v Fukushima
    • JWCPE v Sonoda Women
    • Kobe Women v Kumamoto Gakuen
    • Fukuoka v Kaetsu
    • Tohoku Fukushi v Kokushikan
    • Hokusho v Shiseikan
    • Kure v Senri Kinran
    • Seinan Jo Gakuin v Hokkaido Tokai
    • Chūgoku Gakuen v Niigata Health and Welfare
    • Kyoto Sangyo v Chukyo
    • Shigakkan v Kochi Technology
    • Gifu Kyoritsu v TWCPE
    • Kinjo v Mukogawa Women

The ones in bold are the ones I'm looking forward to. JWCPE's Nanami Shibayama was one of my favorite players in the recent Kanto Autumn League. I have a thing for 160cm bombers :rose:

• Thanks for the links! I found what I was looking for, the brackets with the results and can automatically be translated :lol: on this link ---- Link

I also look at this goofy site ... because I can copy/paste from it:

JF Oberlin University

(Kanto)

25-22

24-26

25-23

26-24

Tsuru University of Arts

(Kanto)

• I think most fans don't see or care about a connection between Uni Ball and V.League (or NT for that matter), but I'm surprised JVA/JVL don't either. The All Japan University Volleyball Federation web site is like something from the GeoCities era of the Internet

It's exciting for me to spot talent at this level of the game and then wait anxiously to see how they do in the Big Pants. AJIVF makes it almost impossible to identify players

Some folks only stop to smell the roses :rose: I like dancing among the wildflowers :flower:

• This, from Volleyball Monthly, might be some kind of great news, or a fantasy google translate reading on my part, but it seems UNIVAS will broadcast all the matches including the Final, SFs, and 3rd place match. They actually have broadcasts scheduled for December 4th and 5th, which are the days for the Final matches

Maybe you need to purchase Univas Plus, or something, to see them. I dunno

• Go Tsukuba ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Seeing those wonderful HD videos of Tsukuba at the 2019 PSL Super Cup solved a nagging mystery for me. In some other low grade/bad coverage matches I had seen with that squad I was confused about #17 at the time. Everything I could find said she was a setter, but #17 was playing OP that year. I assumed I had bad intel

Turns out (with the facial recognition technology afforded by the sublime coverage at the PSL Super Cup) it was indeed Tsukuba's current setter (best setter at the recent Kanto Autumn): Shuri Kurata. She played receiving OP her freshman year, and was a pretty aggressive swinger. In 2019 they had Manami Mandai and Miho Yokota as setters. Yokota left after that year and Kurata moved to back up Mandai

If you watch the Tsukuba matches this week take a look at sophomore #11:

The Real Yoshino Sato*

She's not game changer great but she's been solid and improving from a young age.

*as opposed to the fake one Denso has employed

• Since they are running 5 courts at the same time tonight, all starting at the same time, this view of things might be easier to understand. Unfortunately for me, the first matches on each court are the ones I'm most interested in

A Court:

Kyoto Tachibana vs Fukushima

Hokusho vs Shiseikan

Shigakkan vs Kochi

B Court:

JWCPE vs Sonoda Women

Hiroshima Bunka vs Senri Kinran

Gifu Kyoritsu vs TWCPE

C Court:

Kobe Shinwa vs Kumamoto Gakuen

Chugoku Gakuen vs Niigata Health and Welfare

Nihon vs Seisa Dohto

D Court:

Fukuoka vs Kaetsu

Seinan Jo Gakuin vs Tokai - Sapporo Campus

Kinjo vs Mukogawa Women

N Court:

Tohoku Fukushi vs Kokushikan

Kyoto Sangyo vs Chukyo

• JWCPE is on a middle court so the coverage isn't as good, at least not the zoomers. Nanami Shibayama is #10

The Fukuoka/Kaetsu match is on D Court, where last night's match was. I think it's a self contained room. It looks the most fun, too

I do enjoy the sound of 3 or 4 volleyball courts full of women screaming their heads off all at once, but I think I'll watch the Kaetsu match. #2

• MB #1 Aika Hayashida on Fukuoka is ready for the big pants.

OH #2 Nayu Motomura on Kaetsu often acts as their closer but she has focus problems, or something, imo

Damnit, I need roster lists.

If any Uni comrades here watch any of these matches and think someone looks good, (and I don't have them rostered at volleybox) just post their jersey # and team here and at some point I will track them down and make them confess to who they are :call: