Japan Women's NT 2022

• This is whack I love it. Yuki Ishikawa is THE NT anyway

But things haven't changed for the girls since Saori's time. It's like if you made it to Hisamitsu or Toray after being some kind of highschool hype that was already a big deal and these girls are prepped for the NT by their clubs. Now with Ishikawa and Ran's success going straight to Italy after uni that might change the whole system for the girls who are tall enough to go play in other countries.

They have to be selected in the NT first before being given that opportunity. Ran is an exception I don't know why I didn't follow his humble beginnings. His friend Tatsu something is a total local.

Haruko is still the best way to get noticed. Those highschoolers don't play around they grind hard

• I can't imagine that happening any time soon. Most of the uni girls I've seen are Ameze's height. Having someone as tall as Koga is probably 1 in a million for the majority of uni players. I think most of them don't have that kind of ambition beyond finishing school.

I don't think I've ever seen a 180+ OH in college . IIRC there was some gaga at the time over how tall Arisa Inoue was @178

A few MBs are 180+, but rare

• I didn't know that. Do you remember which club Araki played for in Italy?

Bergamo (2008-2009)

• Before Araki there was Tomoko Yoshinara - the current JT's coach who played at Italy's Series A for 2 seasons in the 90s. After Araki, there Yuki Soji who played at ... Denmark and Spain too lol.

• Kinda shocked that Nishida only did 1 season in italy. He was so hyped I thought he would surpass Ishikawa. Baffled how no other team picked him up after his contract with that first Italian team didn't renew

Same here. I didn't keep up with him nor the Italian league very much, but is there a reason why he wasn't offered a contract by any other team?

• Kinda shocked that Nishida only did 1 season in italy. He was so hyped I thought he would surpass Ishikawa. Baffled how no other team picked him up after his contract with that first Italian team didn't renew

I think a big part of it is due to him not being tall enough. Italian press was brutal towards him and just as racist as they were to Paola but not only the press even some fans and the commentators who were always shading him all throughout the season.

• I tried this with a free japan vpn app but it was too slow omg. In the end I couldn't login because the page wouldn't load. I think I'll try again when VNL season starts.

• It is basically to get all VNL matches. Normally in Japan you only get the Japanese matches, so this is basically to get all matches like those of us in the rest of the world.

I know with my VBW subscription, the matches with Ishikawa and Takahashi in the Italian league have Japanese commentary available.