Japan Women's NT 2022

• Kawai sorta leaked that Yoko Zetterlund was being considered as one of the NT coaches to replace Nakada. I'm not sure if the context meant she was suggested and turned it down or was actually among the 5 coaches that were being considered at that time

• Kawai sorta leaked that Yoko Zetterlund was being considered as one of the NT coaches to replace Nakada. I'm not sure if the context meant she was suggested and turned it down or was actually among the 5 coaches that were being considered at that time

Wow, such bold move but very interesting. I actually like Yoko a lot :-)). but I though she said she's done with JVA already?

• There's that name again , Yoko Zetterlund

• There was a rumor when Kurihara was ace that Zetterlund detested the Japanese way of volleyball. Yuko Mitsuya said Zetterlund was "a hard woman to agree with" but she's been occasionally coaching little kids every year since 2012 usually for the camps that former players hosts.

Unfortunately I don't see her wanting to coach any team

• According to TBS she's an attacker and a setter. Interesting

今週のVICTORY KIDSは共栄学園中学の秋本美空さん。秋本さんはアタッカーとセッターをこなす二刀流の選手。秋本さんは大友愛さんの娘で母の活躍を見てきた。秋本さんからの質問は「センターへのトスのコツは?」「お母さんとはどんな関係ですか?」。荒木選手は大友さんについて「ママ友・相方」と答えた。センターへのトスのコツについて中田監督は「ボールの落下点に入ること」と答えた。

• judging by that haircut she's participating in Haruko

:rolll::rolll::rolll:

• I saw this photo of a Draft 2022 AVC Calendar from a post of a team in the Philippines (LINK), and the Asian Womens Championship is not included. We can see here the schedule of the Asian Cup / AVC Cup 2022 for Womens and since it says here that it is hosted by Philippines, I assume the Asian Womens Championship that is supposed to be hosted by PHI is indeed cancelled, just like what the rumors are saying before.

Other NT tournaments from the list:

• 14th Asian Women's U17 Volleyball Championship - June 6 to 13 (UZB)
    • 21st Asian Women's U19 Volleyball Championship - July 4 to 11 (KAZ)
    • AVC Cup for Women - August 21 to 28 (PHI)
  • On March 30, a send-off party for Masayoshi Manabe, 58, who has been appointed as the coach of the Japanese women's volleyball team, was held in Himeji City, Hyogo Prefecture, for the media.

Manabe will return to the NT for the first time in five years since the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, set his sights on finding a star player, saying, "I will search for and nurture the second Saori Kimura." Mr. Manabe, who led Japan to a bronze medal at the London 2012 Olympics, said, "Time is short this time (with the postponement of the Tokyo Olympics). First, we have to win the qualifying round," he said, as he set about rebuilding the team.

source

Here goes the pitiful "Second Saori Kimura" cycle. I get the sentiment behind it but he needs to understand why it's problematic and creates toxic pressure to compare anyone to Saori or any other notable players for that matter.

You don't see Russians saying Arina is the next Gamova... She's free to grow as herself not confined to be like another player.