Japan Women's NT 2022

• Here goes the pitiful "Second Saori Kimura" cycle. I get the sentiment behind it but he needs to understand why it's problematic and creates toxic pressure to compare anyone to Saori or any other notable players for that matter.

You don't see Russians saying Arina is the next Gamova... She's free to grow as herself not confined to be like another player.

I agree he should know better not to force it to anyone

• New volleyball fans have now forgotten about Japan's women's national team and Japan's annoying Haikyu generation only know Saori as that beautiful player. That's not to say that her impact has diminished but it's time Manabe finds the star that vibes with this generation not someone attached to the past

• Will Kaneda from Okayama be snubbed again? stay tuned

Kaneda...

V.League even snubbed her for the allstar event. It's Oikawa and their new setter who were chosen to participate. Their recommended players don't make sense to me aside from the obvious aces the rest are huh. I won't even see Yamada's tiny little fist head join in on the fun.

• Isn't this what we were wondering about:

In addition, the Senior Men’s and Women’s Volleyball Championships and various Age-Group Championships in AVC Zonal Associations are also expected to take place in 2022, while the continent’s biggest multi-sport events, the 19th Asian Games, have been confirmed to be held in Hangzhou, China from September 10 to 25

Same Source: AVC WEBSITE

• They said the top two teams in AVC in the World Rankings would get the automatic World Championship spots with the tournament not being played in 2021 due to the pandemic. Japan and China got those two spots.

Any other spots for Asia were determined by the World Ranking at the end of everyone else’s Continental Tournaments. South Korea, Thailand and Kazakhstan finished in the top 23 as Kenya was the only team outside the top 24 to qualify by finishing second in African championship.

The teams are all locked in.

• What Manabe is saying is that Japan needs to find generational stars to drive the team, which is easier said than done. Look at the men’s side how many starts and stops did they have over the last two decades trying to compete. They are loaded right now, but by playing overseas they should be able to improve. Whether they can win medals is a different story and there are many good teams.

Right now many Japanese women’s national team players do not play outside Japan. Sadly Nagaoka’s injury right after arriving in Italy basically ended her dominance and possibly career.
    Japanese culture does not like to take risks and playing overseas is a massive risk in a culture that does not want risk taken.

• They said the top two teams in AVC in the World Rankings would get the automatic World Championship spots with the tournament not being played in 2021 due to the pandemic. Japan and China got those two spots.

Any other spots for Asia were determined by the World Ranking at the end of everyone else’s Continental Tournaments. South Korea, Thailand and Kazakhstan finished in the top 23 as Kenya was the only team outside the top 24 to qualify by finishing second in African championship.

The teams are all locked in.

Yes, but AVC said previously that they will still have the Asian Championship in May 2022 even if it's not a World Champs qualification tournament already. It was even mentioned in the press conference of the new coach of Hinotori. It is better cancelled though since the dates they set are too close to the club competitions, and there's no world qualification at stake anyway.

• Right now many Japanese women’s national team players do not play outside Japan.

Do you think this is attributed to the lack of interest for Japanese female players in general? Not even volleyballworld is reporting on what's happening with any of the current NT players or any promising players like Matsui. It seems as if barely anyone cares about the female players not even for Koga or 'Ishikawa's Sister'. It's great that there are people who are highly invested in them here but that's hardly the case outside of this forum.

• Do you think this is attributed to the lack of interest for Japanese female players in general? Not even volleyballworld is reporting on what's happening with any of the current NT players or any promising players like Matsui. It seems as if barely anyone cares about the female players not even for Koga or 'Ishikawa's Sister'. It's great that there are people who are highly invested in them here but that's hardly the case outside of this forum.

bolt mentioned in the men's NT thread that it might be due to JVA prioritizing the Olympic members of the men's team. Yanagida was also apparently blocked by JVA from playing in Europe.

What you say is true for the most part in that there isn't a current massive international interest for Japanese female players. The lack of a clear ace plays a big part. It's fine for now since they're about to rebuild their image. Once a consistent lineup emerges and they start doing well again they'll eventually attract more attention.

Honestly with Matsui I don't see her blowing up but I see it happening with Momii gaining Miyashita's level of popularity outside of Japan if she eventually succeeds. But I'm probably getting way ahead here.

• Do you think this is attributed to the lack of interest for Japanese female players in general? Not even volleyballworld is reporting on what's happening with any of the current NT players or any promising players like Matsui. It seems as if barely anyone cares about the female players not even for Koga or 'Ishikawa's Sister'. It's great that there are people who are highly invested in them here but that's hardly the case outside of this forum.

they are doing the women’s league and men’s league at the same time in the article on volleyball world. In 2020 to early 2021, I was asked to put them together, and I said no. You have two JT and Toray teams, it can confuse people if they do not know one from the other, let alone Toray using the same nickname for both teams.

with the women’s team they need a run into a semifinal in a big tournament, because many of the high school star recently have been “ok” on the national team. Right now I doubt that this will happen. I thought with 2018 there would be improvement but 2019 was a fallback. VNL was kind of a false display of success because outside USA, Brazil did not send their best teams.