Japan Women's NT 2022

• Takeshita attended a business deal event for Victorina and she revealed that Manabe has met with some players since November (apparently before Empress Cup) according to this Victorina fan his account is private atm, he opens and closes it for some reason.

Have any of you seen anything regarding the players he might be eyeing?

• Takeshita attended a business deal event for Victorina and she revealed that Manabe has met with some players since November (apparently before Empress Cup) according to this Victorina fan his account is private atm, he opens and closes it for some reason.

Have any of you seen anything regarding the players he might be eyeing?

that's addshot's personal acc. do you guys remember addshot? the one who posted all the videos that are impossible to view if you're not in japan ( news features, documentaries, volleyball channel, fuji tv s-park, nhk specials etc). i was wondering what happened to him but i found out that his main acc was suspended for following too many people. he hasn't gotten it back since|| i wish he would just make a new one. he's probably not getting back that account anymore it's been months already

• I guess the Nishikawa sisters and maybe even the Miyabe sisters but I don't know if Airi is still in Japan.

There was a survey from Monthly VB's January issue asking college students from both genders whether they want to go pro or just until they finish uni and 70% of female college players answered -only til they finish- compared to male players so we can assume Manabe won't be looking in that direction.

I only know that his right hand in selection is Hitoshi Ito, the one responsible for sending players overseas and an assistant Yasuhiro Fukuda who was also with the NT + Toray arrows.

• Maybe it is because they realize they want to finish their degrees and hence why they are not playing in the pros at this time.

Probably look at the younger kids from junior national teams as well.

• I noticed several people pointed this out on twitter, that volleyball might be the only sport in Japan where they don't invite former male players on variety shows but on the women's side they only invite retired Olympians from Saori's era and never active players unlike literally all other sports even minor ones like wrestling, skateboarding and handball.

iirc Koga Ishii Kurogo appeared in 1(?) variety show during 2019 but that was part of Hinotori's promotions, they never appeared anywhere else afterwards. Also until now none of the girls have any solo ads and none of the aces have "gained experience" in a big league in another country.

I wonder how that will change

• JVA announcing a red & white match (after VNL) August 20-21 sponsored by Mizuno.

Mizuno better get it right with their shitty promotions. Their advertising department had one job to doX/

The French coach for the men's team getting asked about Hinotori is embarassing asf as he could not name a single player... bruh

• JVA announcing a red & white match (after VNL) August 20-21 sponsored by Mizuno.

Mizuno better get it right with their shitty promotions. Their advertising department had one job to doX/

The French coach for the men's team getting asked about Hinotori is embarassing asf as he could not name a single player... bruh

or maybe he doesnt care? but anyway do you know if jva has a new president already?

• 2022 FISU World University Games 2022 Wide Roster

(formerly Summer Universiade)

Player School (team)
    YearHeight Position

Saki Nakajima

NIFS (SAGA)

OH

Kurumi Takama

Tsukuba (Hitachi)

OH

Ameze Miyabe

Tokai

OH

Yoshino Sato

Tsukuba

OH

Saki Ishikura

NSSU

OH

Mio Hirose

NSSU

OH

Mami Yokota

Denso

MB

Sayaka Yokota

Tokai (Denso)

MB

Aika Hayashida

Fukuoka (Toyota)

MB

Hiroyo Yamanaka

Aoyama Gakuin (Saitama)

MB

Haruka Oyama

Tsukuba

MB

Mikoto Shima

PFU Bluecats

OH/OP

Suzuna Kawasaki

Kokushikan

OP

Misuzu Takahashi

Aoyama Gakuin

OP

Tamaki Matsui

Denso

S

Manami Mandai

SAGA

S

Hitomi Shiode

NSSU (JT)

S

Tsukasa Nakagawa

Tokai

S

Moeri Hanai

Himeji

L

Sayaka Daikuzono

NIFS

L

Haruna Kawabata

Tokai

L

First Selection Training Camp was in December

Second Training Camp is going on this week

Final Training Camp in May for those chosen to participate in the games 2022-06-25 to 2022.07.07

I wonder what this means for Tamaki Matsui :/

• Who's their coach?

• Who's their coach?

I'm sorry I neglected to put the source. The JVA site is down for me right now so I can't get the exact link but it's in topics. Volleyball Monthly covered it

Ken Nemoto from NSSU. I believe he's been the go-to coach for this tournament for a while

• I'm sorry I neglected to put the source. The JVA site is down for me right now so I can't get the exact link but it's in topics. Volleyball Monthly covered it

Ken Nemoto from NSSU. I believe he's been the go-to coach for this tournament for a while

:what:their website is down. Hopefully they didn't get hacked again.

It's kinda amusing how both Yokota sisters are the same height like how rare is that

• Volleyball Women's Japan National Team, Hinotori NIPPON, will hold a red and white match as a send-off match for the World Championship.

Women's Japan National Team, Firebird NIPPON Red and White Battle Overview

■ Tournament Name: 2022 Women's Volleyball World Championship Send-off Match Japan National Team Mizuno Match in Okayama

(abbreviation: 2022 Women's Japan National Team Red and White Match Mizuno Match in Okayama)

■ Schedule: Saturday, August 13th, Sunday, August 14th

■ Venue: Zip Arena Okayama (Kita-ku, Okayama City)

■ Tournament Name: 2022 Women's Volleyball World Championship Send-off Match Japan National Team Mizuno Match in Himeji

(abbreviation: 2022 Women's Japan National Team Mizuno Match in Himeji)

■ Schedule: August 20th (Sat) and 21st (Sun)

■ Venue: Victorina Wink Gymnasium (Himeji City, Hyogo Prefecture)

* Scheduled to be held by spectators *

The contents of the event may change depending on the spread of the new coronavirus infection.

Source

(I post this on the wrong thread lmao here it is)

• Bunshun kinda leaked that Manabe will be emphasizing new faces in his NT and that he now changed his pov of wanting the next Saori to --- creating a young global sensation a la Arina I guess, a stan attractor basically. Fair warning idk how accurate that is since the link is already down. I'm just going through tweets of people talking about it from when it dropped probably around morning in Japan.