Japan Women's NT 2022

• I'm very happy to see Shibata on the list!! I thought her plays this season were good, and her sets could sometimes be faster and stronger than Momii's. Also very curious to see if Tanaka Mizuki will play a significant role in the NT, girl's spikes are strong and sharp but she'll have to really watch out for the way taller blockers. :super:

Ogawa Erina let's goooooo!!!! :rose:

All in all, the team list has a number of familiar faces but a lot more new ones. Individually, they might all vary in skills and effectiveness, but ultimately it boils down to the team composition as a whole and how each player will complement the other.

• Sorry for the extra post but I'm also lowkey sad my girl Akutagawa isn't part of the MB list :gone: Guess watching her in JT will have to suffice

• d*mnit . I was close :rolll:

• Probably part of the reason for JT not having more players is looking at the Hisamitsu problem from Nakada. Too many people from the same team, even if it is the best team in the country, May create clicks unintentionally.

Only 8 players taller than 180 cm (6 ft).

Takeshita is an advisor to the team.

I am going to say Airi Miyabe will probably be played as an opposite due to her height.

Shimamura might be the captain due to longevity with the team, or it could be Mayu. I just don’t see a leader with this roster outside of them. Koga could as well, but I don’t see her as a fit.

Vargas probably is not naturalized yet (passport) and hence Japan is waiting on that for approval. Would be for the domestic league as she attended high school in Japan.

• Koga has already been chosen as the captain

• https://vbm.link/626871/

(for the lazy ones:)

• About Kurogo, Nakamura added that "I can't grasp everything because it's private" but hopes for her quick return

I hope she'll have a good return. When I rewatch her old matches where she still had that youthful confidence and fun cheer, I see a good player that has faced misfortune in terms of management.

• Yeah weird

I read it on the press conference article

just looked at the JVA again and nothing on this page.

https://www.jva.or.jp/topics/20220331-1/

They had not had the second release when I saw the first one. In the past, the captain was usually the first picture, but on the Twitter feed they did the numbering without saying captain for all of the players.

Even on the photos page, it does not say captain.

• I love that Manabe said, Sarina Koga was able the only captain he saw available. I will say Kobata is probably the best leader of players in Japan right now, even as a libero. Sadly, the press wants a face. Mayu Ishikawa would have been good too, but Manabe may feel some empathy as he cut Koga in 2016. She has seen the challenges of the national team for so long, she is an ok choice in my mind. Araki the last couple of years was a good choice because of medal experiences and is more of a leader even going back to high school days.

• Koga as captain of the NT is both surprising and not surprising. I'm just eager to see this new team in action :super:

• I love that Manabe said, Sarina Koga was able the only captain he saw available. I will say Kobata is probably the best leader of players in Japan right now, even as a libero. Sadly, the press wants a face. Mayu Ishikawa would have been good too, but Manabe may feel some empathy as he cut Koga in 2016. She has seen the challenges of the national team for so long, she is an ok choice in my mind. Araki the last couple of years was a good choice because of medal experiences and is more of a leader even going back to high school days.

I don't think the Press wanting a face had anything to do with Koga being picked as Captain. She's a grand student of the game, probably knows more about the strengths and weaknesses of opponents better than the rest of the payers combined. That's valuable

• There's a lot to unpack in that article. Picking 38 or 39 players :) pretty much suggested the two team thing was happening. That's going to be interesting

• Airi Miyabe in the lineup is quite surprising, do you guys think she'll accept the offer and play in Japan?

I believe she wouldn't be listed if she hadn't accepted an offer