Japan Women's NT 2022

• Here's one from an annoying Okayama fan who can't shut the fuck up :)

Manabe converts Kaneda to OP and she becomes Kannabe :teach:

• I know this was covered already but I hope that Manabe doesn't market Koga as a Saori wannabe when it's time for Paris promotions. Manabe is a flashy director and I can appreciate that because in a way it livens things up. Saori herself is a whole brand while Koga is only an ace.

But anyway, I see this as problematic because Koga reverted to an insecure place again after Tokyo where she said it herself that she wanted to retire. Even if we don't know how accurate that is, the fact that Kurogo hasn't even emerged yet means there is truth to the emotional damage it must've caused.

I think they should follow Nishida, Yuki Ishikawa and Takahashi's marketing. Their own brand that youtubers and impressionable anime fans could lap up. Since Japan isn't going to send their players to Italy or Turkey where the biggest stars make a name for themselves. The Saori marketing is outdated in the Haikyuu generation and only a mere reminder of Manabe's past achievement which should have as little as possible to do with the current team.

• Out of curiousity, what was the purpose of bringing out the London team? Other than applying (unnecessary) pressure + showing Manabe's inclination to want carbon copies of old star players rather than develop the players that are here now :whistle:

• But anyway, I see this as problematic because Koga reverted to an insecure place again after Tokyo where she said it herself that she wanted to retire. Even if we don't know how accurate that is, the fact that Kurogo hasn't even emerged yet means there is truth to the emotional damage it must've caused.

I think they should follow Nishida, Yuki Ishikawa and Takahashi's marketing. Their own brand that youtubers and impressionable anime fans could lap up. Since Japan isn't going to send their players to Italy or Turkey where the biggest stars make a name for themselves. The Saori marketing is outdated in the Haikyuu generation and only a mere reminder of Manabe's past achievement which should have as little as possible to do with the current team.

Did the women's national team receive worse criticism compared to the men's team, or are the sentiments the same? I mean, since the men players don't seem to be too affected (i.e. going on hiatuses like Kurogo)

Man, I wonder when we'll get to see Kurogo play again. Kinda miss her

• Out of curiousity, what was the purpose of bringing out the London team? Other than applying (unnecessary) pressure + showing Manabe's inclination to want carbon copies of old star players rather than develop the players that are here now :whistle:

Manabe just love gathering :lol:

• Did the women's national team receive worse criticism compared to the men's team, or are the sentiments the same? I mean, since the men players don't seem to be too affected (i.e. going on hiatuses like Kurogo)

Man, I wonder when we'll get to see Kurogo play again. Kinda miss her

The men’s team advanced to the quarterfinals and that was a great achievement because they weren’t able to do for almost three decades. Maybe the players were a bit disappointed by the result (especially Ishikawa, the captain) but I doubt the public took it very negatively. Also, the men’s team has a well-established core team and they just need some small adjustments here and there (and most importantly they didn’t have to change setter every season). Personally, I think Ryujin Nippon’s future looks brighter but who knows what’s going to happen :)

Manabe's ego for the most part. Saori became a superstar under his tenure, he was the one who assembled Japan's "miracles" and put them on the map. And as he puts it "blessing and support" for the new generation to encourage them to have an iron mentality just as Takeshita did. Nakada did the same thing when she basically crammed the NT with her Hisamitsu pride so for Manabe it's his London pride.

• The expectation’s of the women’s team was just ridiculous for the Tokyo games (due to the Witches winning in 1964 at home, we’ll do it again against Egonu, Boskovic, Larson, Akinradewo and KYK….). The VNL while good performance only added to the expectations, if people did not realize that the best countries did not send their best teams to playing in it (minus USA, Brazil, Japan and Turkey) to the Japanese press.

At this point, I have no idea when Kurogo will play again.

At best right now Japan is around 7-9 in best teams in the world. Can upset a team ahead of them, but blocking is always a struggle.

• Đội tuyển quốc gia nữ đã nhận được những lời chỉ trích tồi tệ hơn so với đội tuyển nam, hay tình cảm vẫn giống nhau? Ý tôi là, vì các tuyển thủ nam dường như không bị ảnh hưởng quá nhiều (tức là sẽ gián đoạn như Kurogo)

Anh bạn, tôi tự hỏi khi nào chúng ta sẽ được xem Kurogo thi đấu một lần nữa. Kinda nhớ cô ấy

Poor Kurogo she doesn't deserve such criticism.

If under Coach Manabe, I believe he will let Kurogo play his forte position OH. She should also leave Toray when she comback. Because OP doesn't suit her

• What is Mizuho Ishida doing there with the squad? she was never part of London Olympics

She was the alternate member in case anyone got injured before the olympics start, I remember from one interview they say Ishida train with them till the last minute so the coach and players basically treat her as the member of the squad, they show her jersey after winning the Bronze also.

• She was the alternate member in case anyone got injured before the olympics start, I remember from one interview they say Ishida train with them till the last minute so the coach and players basically treat her as the member of the squad, they show her jersey after winning the Bronze also.

Ishida's jersey was worn in the bronze medal match underneath Sakoda's game jersey. she mentioned it immediately after the game.

In this interview from Sakoda earlier in the year, she wore the #13 underneath her jersey in the China quarterfinal, Brazil semifinal and South Korea bronze medal match.

Just to confirm.

• I don't think Airi was expecting to be called. Her timing is way off. There's no doubt she would've made it to the press conference if Manabe told her she'd be part of the team in advance and most likely one of the core

• I don't think Airi was expecting to be called. Her timing is way off. There's no doubt she would've made it to the press conference if Manabe told her she'd be part of the team in advance and most likely one of the core

her university exams were this past week. She may have not had a choice.

• Imagine if Airi, Valdes and that 195cm Dominican girl all came together