Japan Women's NT 2022

• Was that the old Denso Coach who did the translating for Koga in the after match interview?

• Was that the old Denso Coach who did the translating for Koga in the after match interview?

Kawakita? He was Saori Kimura's "spokesperson" while she's with Vakifbank too. This guy spent quite a long time in USA Volleyball scene as technical analyst and assistant coach.

• Ngl I was pretty damn disappointed that Kobata retired but I'm actually really liking Kojima. I couldn't remember her name because I used to confuse her with NEC's crackhead looking setter who I thought was the libero. I think she fills Kobata's moodmaker role just fine but in a different way like some aunt who looks after them lol.

• Ngl I was pretty damn disappointed that Kobata retired but I'm actually really liking Kojima. I couldn't remember her name because I used to confuse her with NEC's crackhead looking setter who I thought was the libero. I think she fills Kobata's moodmaker role just fine but in a different way like some aunt who looks after them lol.

I give you a pass calling Sawada (I assume) a crackhead :) because, well, she does have that look, but also she's such a great defender she's easily confused for a libero :drink:

I was surprised and worried Kojima started. She is a swell defender but reception is not her strong point. I imagine it's good that teams will likely ignore serving to her much thinking it better to try and take Mayu or Sarina out of the offense by serving to them

• It seems to me Mami is having a hard time on the OPP role, perhaps because she is an OH main with Ageo. Although I can still remember in 2014 WGP when she was on the same role and they beat China in three straight sets in China's home soil, and Mami was explosive there. Could also be she was relatively young during those years.

• It seems to me Mami is having a hard time on the OPP role, perhaps because she is an OH main with Ageo. Although I can still remember in 2014 WGP when she was on the same role and they beat China in three straight sets in China's home soil, and Mami was explosive there. Could also be she was relatively young during those years.

True, and but neither setter sets to that side very well

• Kojima, what a revelation!

She deserves some :flower:

• Fuyumi :rose::rose::rose:

I think she did a very good job. Her role in Manabe’s system is to receive and defense, and she had the best reception & dig of her team (23 successful reception of total 31 with only 2 errors; 16 digs out of total 17 attempts). Her attack was 6/22, plus 2 aces, not bad for her tbh.

• Inoue is far more efficient as an offensive OPP. Mayu's main problem is that once she gets blocked she sort of spaces out and has a difficult time getting past it, so she tends to repeat the same movements but the other side already knows what she's gonna do.

Arina was it? one of the Toray girls who is apparently an MB doesn't even block and works more as an OPP which is fine too I guess. I think Hanna didn't even notice that she was an MB not that the Toray girl was able to block them anyway.

• Inoue is far more efficient as an offensive OPP. Mayu's main problem is that once she gets blocked she sort of spaces out and has a difficult time getting past it, so she tends to repeat the same movements but the other side already knows what she's gonna do.

Arina was it? one of the Toray girls who is apparently an MB doesn't even block and works more as an OPP which is fine too I guess. I think Hanna didn't even notice that she was an MB not that the Toray girl was able to block them anyway.

I assume the Arina you're talking about is Erina Ogawa, the Toray Arrows MB?

• Arina was it? one of the Toray girls who is apparently an MB doesn't even block and works more as an OPP which is fine too I guess. I think Hanna didn't even notice that she was an MB

you just gave away the NT secret :aww: :rolll::rolll:

• I wonder if there are any Kojima Fans out there who will make her a highlight reel. Re-watching the v GER match and there's at least a couple plays where she makes 2–4 digs in a row and barely gets off the floor between them. Hilariously great :rose:

• I wonder if there are any Kojima Fans out there who will make her a highlight reel. Re-watching the v GER match and there's at least a couple plays where she makes 2–4 digs in a row and barely gets off the floor between them. Hilariously great :rose:

Girl was prepared for everything love it. Also what other libero smiles while diving no one just her:cheesy:

• Anyone else been getting a kick out the Split Screen timeout shots of the Huddle that are all about like this:

• Can we safely presume Japan will sweep Dominican Republic later?