Japan Women's NT 2022

• A bit late on this but after rewatching Japan vs China I realized how Kojima could have made a better setter than Seki.

Does anyone remember Arisa Sato's iconic dump attacks during Rio? fooled so many. It's a shame she's now alienated after leaving Hitachi.

• sitenoise where can we stream the U20? so I can see for myself whether Yoshitake's "early Orthmann whack" is the real deal

I think at a minimum they will be streamed on AVC FB page but I don’t know.

• Does anyone remember Arisa Sato's iconic dump attacks during Rio? fooled so many.

I do! And her block coverage. She’d play it on her knees. And her passing. So delicate, so precise.

• This squad has had a number of nice surprises. Ogawa’s quicks, Kojima’s everything, Arisa’s blooming …. I hope next will be Hammy the monster :box:

• Seki is one of a kind in the facial expression department :rose:

That is her smile, btw :)

• OMG, I'm pretty sure that's Matsui that Haruka is swinging at in the background :rolll:

Embedded tweets are a cancer on the internet, so go there:

Tweetboxer

• It is Matsui.

I feel like this drill should be 20x faster and what they're doing is ...wrong. It's one of those boxing drills not sure what it's called.

What is the purpose of the drill? Reading the opponent, I imagine?

• In Taekwondo we use that to lighten movement and awareness but we use that first before the hook slip drill. I always thought wooden sticks were used but maybe that's too much.

They may just be doing it to switch up their drills. They look so goofy.

That's cool. I've often advocated for martial arts training. Nice to see a glimmer of it in there, goofy though it may be. Yamagishi and Shimamura were goofy but Haruka looked like she wanted to lop off Matsui's head :rolll: